InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy 4 U ❯ Conversations and Two Cappuccinos with Whipped Cream ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I OWN INUYASHA! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Author's Note - PEOPLE LIKE THIS! I AM SO HAPPY!

Author's Second Note - Hi peoples! Well, you all made me so happy that my parents think I'm on crack or somethin' and they want to put me in the loony bin. Who cares? If they have internet access . . . THEY'LL BE SORRY! *jumps around like the freak she is* I'm better now . . .

Chapter 9 - Conversations and Two Cappuccinos with Whipped Cream

Walking down that same street, Inuyasha and Kagome arrived at the populated part of town. There were people all over the place (most of them cussing at other people for being morons) and there were cars everywhere, even on the sidewalks. Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's hand and guided her through the crowd ((Awwww they so sweet together!))

When he stopped they stood in front of this big ol' building with this big ol' coffee cup on top of it with big ol' letters ((can you see a pattern here?)) that read: "THE COFFEE BEAN".

"Wow . . . they won the 'Most Original Name' award," Kagome pointed out at the sight of the name.

"No, I think that it was 'The Coffee Cup' that won," Inuyasha corrected her, looking up at the big ol' coffee cup with this big ol' bean coming out of it.

When Kagome walked into the coffee house, she was hit with the warm aroma of freshly brewed coffee ((mmm . . . I could use some right now . . .)) and the delicious fragrance of just-baked cookies. The room was painted in a very warm mahogany with the accents of some yellow poofy couches and lime green chairs sitting before elegant maple tables. On the right side of the room, there were some tables to sit at and on the left there were the couches that sat before high-tech computers and gaming systems.

"Well?" Inuyasha asked, waving his hand in front of her face to drag her out of her stupor.

"Well what?" Kagome wondered, still in a small daze.

"What do you want?" he asked her.

Kagome noticed that she was standing in front of the counter looking at a large menu up on the wall. There was probably the largest selection of coffee choices she had ever seen in her entire existence.

"Um . . ." Kagome murmured, reading the signs, "A French vanilla cappuccino."

"Okay," Inuyasha said, and he turned around to face the counter.

He leaned over the counter and looked to both sides. Inuyasha then started to play with things that were on the employee side of the barrier, like the phone and the cash machine and the bags for donuts and whatever else they had stored back there. He knew he shouldn't do it anymore (because one time he found a bra and a pair of panties under there) but he did it to annoy the one person he knew who worked there.

"Inuyasha! Stop it you dork!" a voice shouted at him.

Inuyasha jumped back and then proceeded to look as innocent as a five year old at a crime scene. A young, dark-haired girl about Kagome's age bounded from the back room in a hurry. She put her hands on her hips the way a mother would do when she was about to reprimand her children.

"What did I tell you about playing back here?" she scolded, looking angry.

"I'm sorry, Rin, but the service here is so slow sometimes . . . so I was just gonna help myself you know. And besides, I hate to bother you, so I was really just doing you a favor," Inuyasha explained; Rin raised an eyebrow.

"Last time you tried to `help me' you dialed a Hong Kong pizzeria on the company phone under MY name and I got in trouble for it," Rin reminded him, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Oh, yeah. I meant to say sorry about that but you seemed really mad when you threw that tray of steaming tea at me . . ." Inuyasha said apologetically; Rin just glared.

They stared at each other for about five seconds before both Inuyasha and Rin burst out laughing.

"I can never stay mad at you for too long, can I, Inu-kun?" Rin asked, making Kagome a little jealous when she used such an informal use of his name.

"Me neither, lil' Rin-chan," Inuyasha replied with a grin; Kagome tried to look like she wasn't sulking.

"Well, how're you? You haven't been around in a long while," Rin commented.

"Yeah, well, I had to get a new door this morning," Inuyasha said, as if that explained his whole life story.

"Again?" Rin asked, shaking her head while looking mournful, "That's awful."

"Relax. It's not like my apartment blew up or something . . . not yet anyway," Inuyasha replied, thinking about his insane neighbors.

"No, I mean it's too bad for your door. I would have thought you could have kept it at least `till the end of the month," Rin said, shaking her head once again making her little ponytail flop from side to side.

"Yeah, whatever. Anyway, this is my new friend Kagome," Inuyasha said, pointing to Kagome.

"Nice to meet you, Rin," Kagome bowed slightly to the girl.

"And it's nice to meet you too, Kagome," Rin replied warmly.

Immediately, Kagome knew why Inuyasha and Rin were friends. They were both very happy with people and they had a very friendly atmosphere about them. But from the way they acted, Kagome could definitely tell that they weren't interested in one another, just very good friends. And that made Kagome very happy.

"You know," Kagome said, striking up some nice conversation, "this place is a lot nicer than where I used to work."

"You worked in a coffee joint too?" Rin asked, surprised.

"Yeah, but the people there were a bunch of assholes," Kagome replied with a small shrug.

"Oh," Rin said, her expression changing from happy to an indescribable emotion, "Well anyway-"

"Hey can we hurry this up? I have a book signing in an hour!" Some guy called from behind them, agitated.

"Yeah and my kids are waiting at daycare!" A woman piped up.

"Well . . ." Inuyasha began, still taking his merry time despite the curses being directed at him from behind, "I think we'll have two French vanilla cappuccinos, please."

"Coming right up," Rin replied, before walking back into the store room to grab some glasses.

"She's nice," Kagome mused aloud.

"Yeah, she is. Too bad that the one person she loves the most, treats her the worst," Inuyasha sighed sadly.

"Who?" Kagome asked, curious.

"Her boss," Inuyasha answered ((Can you guess who that is?))

"Oh . . ." Kagome said, not knowing how else to reply.

"It's a little weird but . . . whatever. The guy's an ignoramus if you know what I mean," Inuyasha continued, fishing in his pockets for his wallet.

"Um . . ." Kagome began, but she was cut off when Rin came back with their drinks.

"Here you go: Two cappuccinos that are fresh and hot. I even put some whipped cream on them for you two," Rin said proudly, and with a small grin. "That'll be $5.60."

Inuyasha handed her the money and she gave him back the change.

"By the way Rin-" Inuyasha began again, and everyone on line could be heard groaning loudly. "Any computers free?"

"Yeah . . . two, but they're on opposite ends," Rin replied, looking between Inuyasha and Kagome.

"I don't mind," Kagome answered quickly, and Inuyasha just looked at her. "What? It's not like I'm gonna run away or something!"

"I wasn't worried," Inuyasha said confidently.

"And why not?!" Kagome asked, starting to get mad. Did this guy care about her, or didn't he?!

All the people that were in line jumped behind tables and couches because they knew she was gonna start screaming her head off. Heh, kids these days . . .

"Because your cat is still at my house, along with your belongings, and I know how sacred they are to you," Inuyasha responded promptly and slowly, very slowly, the people got back into line.

"Okay," Kagome said, all happy again like she had just eaten a whole bag of trick-or-treat candy.

Taking the coffee in her right hand she said, "I'll be over there! Bye!" Kagome waved and then walked off to a computer on the far side of the room.

"She's a cute one . . ." he murmured to himself, and went to the computer on the opposite side of the room.

***(With Kagome)

Kagome walked over to a computer and sat down in one of those poofy chairs (that she practically sank in, by the way.) She then put her coffee on a coaster by the keyboard and turned her gaze to the computer screen. She went and searched under the Google search engine for the AIM express ((AIM express is a feature made by AOL which allows AOL users or anyone who has a screen name to be able to log on and chat when you're away from your computer.)) Once Kagome found it, she typed in her screen name and then her password.

When the screen opened with her buddy list, she already found who she was looking for.

DarkWolf523: sup?

CherryBlossomBabe14: HI! IT BEEN SO LONG!

DarkWolf523: ur rite

DarkWolf523: it been a long time. So wat up wif u?

CherryBlossomBabe14: so much has happened

DarkWolf523: like wat?

CherryBlossomBabe14: i got the boot from college

DarkWolf523: y?

CherryBlossomBabe14: low grades

DarkWolf523: o

DarkWolf523: i'm sry

CherryBlossomBabe14: so wat goin on in ur world?

DarkWolf523: nothin exciting unless u count insane ppl next door

CherryBlossomBabe14: lol

CherryBlossomBabe14: i noe wat u mean

DarkWolf523: no1 noes wat i mean

DarkWolf523: they really r insane

DarkWolf523: broke the damn door off tha hinges

CherryBlossomBabe14: lol

DarkWolf523: not funny when u want 2 make a good impression on some1

CherryBlossomBabe14: really?

CherryBlossomBabe14: is it a . . . girl?

DarkWolf523: . . .

DarkWolf523: nooooo it a man

CherryBlossomBabe14: 0o0 -gasp-

DarkWolf523: yes it a gurl

CherryBlossomBabe14: i new it

DarkWolf523: wadda ya hab over there? a crystal ball or somethin?

CherryBlossomBabe14: no

CherryBlossomBabe14: but i do hab coffee

DarkWolf523: me 2

DarkWolf523: wait a sec . . . didn't u say u hated coffee?

CherryBlossomBabe14: i said i hated serving it

DarkWolf523: o

DarkWolf523: well . . . wat u wanna talk bout?

CherryBlossomBabe14: gtj

DarkWolf523: got 2 wat?

CherryBlossomBabe14: jet

DarkWolf523: okie . . . -sigh-

DarkWolf523: bye miss blower offer

CherryBlossomBabe14: lol

CherryBlossomBabe14: bye ^_^

DarkWolf523: see ya *o*

Then Kagome logged out. She just couldn't bring herself to say "luv ya" to DarkWolf523. Why was that? Was it because she was starting to realize how precious those words were?

***(With Inuyasha)

Inuyasha closed the AIM window and leaned back in his big, poofy chair. He couldn't bring himself to say "bye babe" to CherryBlossomBabe14. Why? Was it because of some mixed feelings for another girl?

-_^ ~owari

Awwww. Mixed feelings? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! I hope it ain't kikyo (the bitch who doesn't deserve a capital letter). No it ain't. That a spoiler right there. ^_^

It's gonna get fluffy so be ready!!!!

review . . .

October 31, 2004: This is the revised version of the fic: Crazy 4 u written on January 5, 2003

I hope you enjoyed this new chapter. I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like . . . forever. But I've been sooooo busy. I'm really trying to get a move on, so, today's my day off and I'm going to try and revise this story as much as I can so I can keep posting this on MM.org.

Now, I NEED YOUR OPINION HERE! PLEASE READ THIS!

Okay, well, I want to finish this fic up really soon. It won't take me too long if I get my ass moving. But I wanted to know if you all think I should enter this fic in the BAFFC sponsored by MM.org. I was going to submit this under the comedy genre, what do you think? Is it funny enough? Or should it go under romance? I think comedy, wait `till you see what I have in store for you all (all the people who haven't read this anyways . . .) and it'll be soon! I'm gonna finish this by the deadline for the BAFFC. Will you all support me?!

Thanks for reading. I love all your reviews! You guys make it seem like being kicked off FF.net wasn't all that bad!

~luv ya all. Now go and eat candy! Go trick-or-treating, watch scary movies, and then throw up because you had one too many Mars Bars! Happy Halloween!

~~Random