InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Wires ❯ Conniving Minds ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I bid for Inuyasha on Ebay. I lost. Somehow though I won this roofless castle in Scotland.

What the hell am I gonna do with a roofless castle in Scotland? Sheesh! RT is the genius.

Crossed Wires

Chapter Two - Conniving Minds


Dripping with sweat, but finally relaxed, the slayer dropped near to the studying girl, "wanna go to the hot springs with me?"

Slamming her book closed on the final problem, Kagome looked around and then at the slayer and neko-demon, "think it's safe?"

"They've been gone for hours" the slayer stretched.

"Let's go then!" Jumping up the miko grabbed toiletries for herself and Sango, towels and her pajamas then joined the slayer heading for the mist cover water beyond the tree line. Easy companionable silence flowed between them as they arrived, stripped and sank into the hot water. Both women moaned with pleasure and closed their eyes.

Overhead stars hung in winking jewel like strands while a pregnant moon wobbled on the horizon.

"Did you mean it?" the slayer cracked an eye and peeked at the miko.

Eyes closed Kagome didn't bother to feign ignorance, "yea, I have no more tears to cry, no more heart to break."

Sango closed her eye and laid back letting the water sooth tired muscles, "me too."

It was Kagome's turn to crack an eye, "Miroku?"

With a slight nod the slayer moved lightly adjusting her seat on a flat submerged stone, "I'm tired of hurting"

"I know what you mean," Kagome sighed closing her eyes.

The girls soaked quietly letting the warmth leech away the frustration of their situation.

"What are we going to do?" Kagome murmured sleepily the heat of the water soothing.

"Dunno," Sango yawned.

Silence dropped around the two females as they dozed. Overhead branches creaked in a soft spring breeze. The same breeze that teased the tops of fresh grass shoots bending them to touch the earth.

Half asleep the words slipped from between Sango's lips in a soft prayer, "sometimes I wish I could just start over."

Both girls stilled, eyes opening half way blinking at the night sky.

Kagome sat up, water sluicing from her shoulders to pool around the top of her breasts, "start over?"

Sango nodded and pushing herself up, looked at her friend, "course I'd know what I know now…." her voice drifted away at the sudden wide grin that spread across Kagome's lips.

"That's a great idea!"

Sango blinked, "eh."

Kagome flinched at the snap of a twig. She sighed and saw what she knew to be a mirror reflection of her own same, tired, frustrated expression. "Miroku…" both girls chorused.

Sango half-heartedly tossed a stone in the general direction of the monk, "you know the drill."

The monk stood from behind his hiding bush and brushed down his robes, "Now Sango, my dear.."

Kagome giggled as Sango silently mimicked the monk's words to perfection, "you know I can't help but to admire such visions of loveliness."

Sango stood, giving the monk for the very first time, opportunity at a full frontal, "…yada, yada, yada, bye Miroku."

Busily memorizing the play of moonlight on the slayer's form, it was a moment before the monk realized the rules to the game had changed. Brow furrowed in confusion he backed away, "Ummm see you back at camp?"

The slayer standing unabashed at her nudity waved him away, "whatever."

Head bent, forehead resting on her drawn up knees Kagome bit her tongue to restrain her need to laugh as she listened to the monk's steps fade.

Water lapped against the slayer's skin as she sank back beneath the soothing warmth, "okay he's gone."

Kagome looked up and caught the slayer's attention and grinned.

The grin contagious the slayer leaned closed, "what is on that conniving mind of yours?"

Biting the inside of his lip in concentration the monk pushed through the low bushes, stumbled into the camp site and sank next to the blazing fire.

On his perch the half-demon surveyed him, curious as to why the man seemed so preoccupied, "what's up bouzo?"

Absently the monk lifted his concerned gaze to Inuyasha's, "something's not right."

Surprised by the note in the monk's voice the half-demon jumped from his perch and sank back on his calves, "what do you mean?"

Introspective the monk considered for a moment going over the brief meeting then raised his brow in consternation, "they weren't upset."

Inuyasha blinked in surprise. "Let me get this straight, you got caught peeking and they weren't upset?"

"Yea."

Inuyasha sighed and sat back, hard, "we are so fucked."

The monk blinked, "I know what you did, but what did I do?"

The half demon snorted, "you're joking right?"

The monk shook his head no.

"Burr" the hanyou pointed at the monk.

"Flower" he waved in the general direction of the hot springs, "Sango."

"Stone" Inuyasha snorted, "every fucking female of child bearing age from here to Edo"

"Burr. Stone. Flower." the half-demon enunciated slowly.

The monk sighed "you're right" and clasped his staff to his chest, "we are so fucked."

**************************

One of my past flames once told me: Women should mean what they say, and say what they mean. You know he wasn't right about much, but that … that he hit spot on. Now, if we could only get men to understand that we women can not, no matter how much they want us to, read minds we'd be making Whoopee. All. The. Time!

xx