InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Wires ❯ Here Wolfy, Wolfy ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Eeny, Meany, Miney, Mo, I've got Inuyasha, now let's go!

I mean it let's go. Do you or do you not hear the alarms and sirens?

Crossed Wires

Chapter 5 - Here Wolfy, Wolfy


Kouga couldn't believe it. Outside it was night. The calming sound of rushing water filled the cave. His pack was settled, well fed, and safe while on his bed of leaves and straw sat two of the most delectable females outside of wolf-dom. He pinched himself then grinned when the momentary pain receded and the females remained. Oh hell yea.

He sauntered over to the softly chatting women and sank down beside them, "so ladies…"

Both women turned and looked expectantly at him. "Like what you see?" He watched their eyes widen then slowly move over him. With sudden realization of what he said his arms swept around the den, "I meant the cave, the cave.." Both women bit the corner of their lip, eyes twinkling, and nodded.

He fidgeted, "good, if there's anything you nee… ah.. wan… ummm…desire…" he stuttered to a finish as two sets of bright eyes moved over him with identical naughty smiles.

He cleared his throat, "umm I need to patrol, " and jumping up Kouga did what he normally did when faced with a situation he couldn't handle. He ran.

Both women watched until the demon vanished then burst out into laughter, "poor Kouga," Sango muttered mirroring her friend's grin.

"That actually was fun."

Sango playfully gathered leaves and let them drop from her palm, "I wonder what the guys are doing?"

Kagome leaned back against the cave wall, shoulder to shoulder with her friend and watched the waterfall of leaves, "don't know and don't look now but there's this gorgeous wolf checking you out."

Sango's head turned in the general direction of Kagome's until a hand caught her forearm, "I said don't look now."

Sango dipped her head, laughing softly as she whispered, "if I don't look how am I suppose to tell if I like his looks?"

Kagome grinned, "oh you'll like 'em"

Sango enjoying the game, peeked from beneath her bangs in the direction Kagome had been looking earlier and caught her breath. He was gorgeous.

Thick silver streaked dark black hair cascaded down to broad muscle defined arms and shoulders before brushing against a narrow waist and hips A high pony tail much like Kouga's, accented stark, chiseled features, and soft full lips that were parted slightly. But it was his eyes that drove the breath from the slayer's body. Were the wolf prince's eyes were a startling blue, this wolf's eyes were a deep silver gray and currently locked on the slayer.

"Um Sango?"

The slayer turned to her friend, "I think he's coming over here."

Her palms itched, as her breath caught in her chest, "what?"

Kagome looked over at her friend's mildly alarmed expression, "he's coming over here."

"Maybe it's you he's interested in?"

"Ummm no" Kagome smiled as she watched the wolf demon approach his gaze never leaving the slayer's form, "don't think so."

Sango felt the bed of straw and leaves give slightly and turned, her eyes automatically seeking the newcomers.

"Hi," the miko smiled amused at the slayer's raw gasp of breath then sudden interest in the fabric of Kagome's skirt.

The wolf turned and flashed a grin at the miko before sinking close to the slayer, "I'm Isamu," his voice was a warm growl, "and you are?"

Kagome's smile broadened further because the question was directed at the slayer who was currently picking at her skirt's hem, "Well I'm Kagome, and this.." she touched slayer's arm, "is Sango."

"Kagome," the wolf's eyes never left the profile of the slayer, "Kouga's intended mate?"

The miko bit her lip to keep back the laughter, "so Kouga says."

He ignored the miko, "Sango" the slayer lifted her eyes once again to the wolf demon's, "are you comfortable, do you require anything?"

The slayer bit her bottom lip and shook her head no, just as Kouga wet from the waterfall returned. "Isamu!"

The demon lingered for an instant then jumped up turning to meet his alpha's glare.

"What are you doing?"

"Just checking on the women, Kouga."

"Woman" Kagome whispered for Sango's ears alone, receiving a pinch for her efforts.

Squealing at the sharp pain, Kagome rubbed the offended limb, "Kagome are you alright?" A solicitous Kouga dropped beside her, his fingers moving across her arm as Isamu sank next to the slayer.

The miko and slayer's eyes met over the huddled demons. They couldn't help it, both women burst into laughter.

Confused the demons looked between the women and then to each other noting the other's placement by their chosen. Lopsided grins of acknowledgement flashed across their faces as the men leaned back next to the women and watched the laughter flit around their features.

"Wolf youkai mate for life, right Inuyasha?"

The half-demon growled at the kit's question, "yea, what of it?"

Shippo smiled at himself and solemnly shook his head, "just wondered."

"Do dog demons mate for life?" asked the suddenly inquisitive kit.

"Where the hell is this going?"

"No where just curious, I mean fox demons do."

The half-demon huffed, "yea we do too."

The kit nodded, "is that why you always go to Kikyo?"

"What? We're not… I didn't… I mean we…" flustered the half-demon reached for the kit, only to grab air. "Shippo!"

"Sango and Kagome are in the wolf's den right now…" Inuyasha whirled to face the monk.

"They wouldn't" the half-demon snarled feeling antsy.

Snarling Miroku started jamming things into Kagome's pack, "they've not been acting themselves lately"

The half demon studied the monk's movements as images of Kagome, mating with Kouga flitted across his mind's eye.

He snatched the pack from the monk, "forget it"

A militant expression bled across the monk's face.

"We'll travel faster without it." the hanyou snarled stuffing the pack beneath some boulders to hide it.

The monk grabbed the kitsune and put him on his shoulder, "you better hang on…" the monk warned.

"..because we're not going back for you if you fall." Inuyasha finished dousing the camp fire.

"Don't worry" the kit hopped from the monk to Inuyasha, then wrapped silver strands of hair around his waist and into tiny fists, "I won't fall."

Both men nodded then took off in a dead run in toward Wolf Country.

*********************************
xx