InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of the Prayer Beads ❯ Forgotten Memories ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: yes, yes, I don't own Rin, Jaken, or Sesshomaru
 
Zel was not all that he appeared. The change in personality was proof of that. But was it a ruse? It had to be there was no other explanation. But what was there to gain by doing so? And who was this Sudoku? Was that merely a lie to hurt my pride? No, from the looks of the situation Zel was not expecting the scythe to stop. He had fully intended to kill me. Then what had stopped him from doing so?
 
Too many questions, not enough answers. I could find no explanation to answer all these questions.
 
Then what was I to do? I was affected greatly by this. This was something I could no longer ignore.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru!” Rin called, riding Ah Un. I turned my head slightly to acknowledge her. She caught sight of the handsome demon, “Lord Sesshomaru who is he?” she pointed.
 
“Who is the girl Sesshomaru?” Zel asked curiously looking toward me. I did not answer.
 
He walked over to Ah Un and stopped two paces before it. “Who are you child?”
 
“I'm Rin,” Rin answered.
 
“It is a pleasure to meet you Rin”—he put his right hand upon his breast—“I go by the name of Zel, I knew Sesshomaru ever since he was but an infant.”
 
“Lord Sesshomaru I tried to stop her--” Jaken said out of breath stopping mid-stride when his eyes fell upon the unfamiliar demon.
 
“Hello who is this?” Zel asked diverting his attention to Jaken.
 
“I should be asking that question to you demon!” Jaken shouted.
 
“Pardon me and my poor manners,” Zel bowed apologetically, “I am called Zel. InuTaisho, Narri bless his soul, was a dear friend of mine. Sana forgive me, I have done wrong.”
 
Memories were unlocked so suddenly, rushing forward in a wave of incoherent thought. For but a single moment in the constant flow of time the labyrinth lost its complexity.
 
Running through the mazelike corridors of the gigantic house seeking but not finding. The sheer exhilaration of exploring unknown corridors, unseen rooms.
 
Running around a sharp corner only to collide into something solid. I look up to the bewildered face of a handsome pale face framed with black bangs.
 
“Kitsunejin!” I shouted happily.
 
“Sana,” he spoke, a smile slowly spreading across his face.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
Wind blew over the meadow, the grass and many flowers swaying with little to no resistance.
 
“Sana!”
 
I could not tell where to look in the open area.
 
“Sana!”
 
I shook my head back and forth, surveying the next to flat land, trying to find the source of the sound.
 
“Sana! Come hither!”
 
I was becoming terrified. I span around and around and around.
 
There he was, a solid thing in the middle of the blurring world, standing there with his hair blowing in the wind at times obscuring those gentle eyes of twin flames, smiling.
 
 
 
Within those and yet more memories words blew, a gentle breeze within the confines of the labyrinth, whispering, caressing, comforting. Be strong Sana. Be strong and prosper.
 
 
 
A/N: sorry faithful followers I haven't been having much inspiration concerning COTPB. For some odd reason I'm writing other stories that probably won't see the light of day. If you all wish to read them just say so and I will post them though I doubt you would, I'm still trying to get over the fact that people actually like Curse of the Prayer Beads. (Oh, and by the way, kitsunejin is suppose to mean fox man, I have no idea if that is right or not so don't put your full faith in me.)