InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Daddy's Little Girl ❯ The First Step ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daddy's Little Girl by Sesshoumaru's Lady

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters in here except little Kagome, so please don't sue me; you won't get much from me anyway if you do.

Summary: It's an AU fanfic that takes place in the future, Sesshoumaru is wealthy businessman that could have anything he wanted, he had the perfect life. He was the wealthiest guy in the world, not to mention the world's most eligible bachelor. He had cars, money, but he also had a beautiful daughter that he ignored up to a certain point until a dream from her dead mother set him straight. Now he dotes upon his daughter left and right, but when an evil reporter finds out that's Sesshoumaru is one the most powerful inu-taiyoukai he's bent on exposing not Sesshoumaru but his daughter. Can Sesshoumaru protect his daughter from scientist that are trying capturing her, keeping his youkai blood a secret, and run his business at the same time? Of Course ha can he's Sesshoumaru, Lord of the Western Lands.

A/N: Hey there everyone this is my very first fanfic and I came up with the idea while daydreaming. So please review and tell me if I should continue with this or hang up my computer and stop writing. Also PLEASE READ THE FOLLWING BEFORE YOU READ THE STORY SINCE I MIGHT NOT MENTION IT IN THE STORY AND WITHOUT THIS KNOWLEDGE YOU MIGHT BE CONFUSED:

Sesshoumaru is still a full blooded inu-youkai demon complete with markings, tail and everything else, excepts when he is out among the humans he uses a spell to hide the markings, but he still has his demon strength. Inuyasha is also in this story and he is a full blooded demon as well, except when he is in his humanoid appearnce he has the black hair and violet eyes of his human apperance, he looks the same as a human. Like Sesshoumaru he uses a spell to hide his demon features but not his strength. Miroku is also in this story and he too is a full blooded demon, inu-youkai to be exact his demon appearnce is the same as his human appearance except for the markings which will be explained in the story, he uses a the same spell as Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha. Sesshoumaru daughter is not Rin but Kagome, but it's not Kagome Higuarashi. Confused, let me explain. Kagome Higuarashi and Sesshoumaru became mates during the feudal era yet in the year 2000, she had her first child with him, a daughter. On the day she gave birth though she died, she had to give her life for her daughter's or else her miko powers would have killed her daughter. It turned out that the daughter she had turned out to be an exact look-a-like her from her raven hair to her silver-blue eyes, to her miko power, hence Sesshoumaru decided to name his daughter Kagome because of the similarities and in honor of her. However as time went by Sesshoumaru paid more attention to his company than his daughter and not even his brother and Miroku (who was like another brother to the Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha) could set him and his priorities straight. It was only after a dream in which Kagome visited him did he finally set his head on straight and stopped grieving for his lost mate did he start to pay attention to the daughter that loved him so much.

I will explain in more detail some of this but not most of it. So if you just want the basic overview this is what's going on. Now enough of this onto the story.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Sesshomaru Takami sat up straight in his bed, his breathing labored. Sweat poured off of his head and shirtless chest. He brought his hands up to his head and ran them through his hair before he plopped back down most ungracefully in his bed, remembering the dream he just had. The dream in which his deceased mate visited him, the one he hadn't seen or touched in five long years.

He remained staring at the ceiling as he recalled what happened in his dream

Sesshoumaru dream:

He was standing on a hill looking at the setting sun and remembering how Kagome liked them so.

" I still do like them Sess" Kagome said appearing next to him out of thin air dressed in nothing but long flowing white gown and a pair of angel wings.

"Kagome" Sesshoumaru whispered before he hugged. He could feel the realness of her body. Kagome returned the embrace before she pulled away to look Sesshoumaru in the eye.

" It's so good to see you again kopi, but I must speak fast for I cannot stay long. It's about our daughter."

"What about her?" Sesshoumaru said never releasing his hold on Kagome

" Sesshoumaru, Kagome needs you in her life"

"What are you talking about I are in her life"

" No you are not Sesshoumaru. You know nothing about her. You have never made a connection towards her. You provide her with clothes and shelter, yet not with your love" Kagome said while looking into his eyes. " Kagome needs you to be in her life more now than ever." Sesshoumaru opened his mouth to again reply that he was in Kagome's life before Kagome cut him off " Don't say anything Sess. I watched the both of you and you have never yet said anything of significance towards her. You care for her, provide her, yet you don't acknowledge her. Every time Kagome seeks you out to talk, you push her away saying you have no time for her now. She finds from servants in the house that you're gone on a business trip and not from you. You haven't celebrated a birthday with her; all you do is send her expensive gifts. To her she sees them as gift from a stranger and not her father and that is not right."

"Kagome that is not true" Sesshoumaru said even though he knew in the bottom of his heart he knew it was.

" Yes it is Sesshoumaru. Can you tell me what Kagome's favorite colors are? How her favorite animal, or flower? Can you tell me what her fear's are and what her dreams in life are?

Sesshoumaru tried to answer the questions, but found that he couldn't. He couldn't believe how horrible of her father he was to his only daughter.

" Sesshoumaru, I know that you are now seeing the error of your ways. Your brother and Miroku have been in her life as much as they can, yet it's not them that she need's it's you. She need you now more than ever, especially with the hard times that are to come"

"What hard times Kagome?"

" I cannot say Sess, but you must protect our daughter at all costs you are the only one that can. Sess she needs to know who you are, don't be afraid to reach out to her, because despite everything our little girl loves you so much, even though she doesn't know you."

" But how do I reach out to her Kagome?"

" Go to her now, she's awake right now because she afraid of thunderstorms." Kagome said while starting to fade.

" Wait Kagome don't go, you need to tell me more" Sesshoumaru said while trying desperately to hold on to his mate's fading image.

" I can't stay any longer koi, my time is up. I don't need to tell you anymore because you'll find out the rest on your own. Remember what I said Sess, hard times are coming for both you and Kagome and only you can protect her. Also remember that I love you very much and that I will never truly leave you. I will always watch over you and Kagome. I love you Sess." Kagome said while fading, right before she left she gave Sesshoumaru a searing kiss. The whole area exploded with a bright light and when the light faded Sesshoumaru found himself awake in his bed.

Sesshoumaru out his hand to his lips. He could still feel the tingle that Kagome's kiss left him. He was only brought out his musings when a loud bolt of thunder and lightning was heard, that was powerful enough to shake the manor. It was then that Sesshoumaru remembered Kagome's words:

" Go to her now, she's awake right now because she afraid of thunderstorms."

Sesshoumaru slipped out of is bed and looked out of his bedroom window to see rain falling like no tomorrow. He quickly and quietly left his room and into the hallway to begin the trek to his daughter's room. As he was walking down the hallway he noticed how far Kagome's room was from his. It was on the other side of the manor that was mostly reserved for guest and was hardly ever used considering he didn't like guest. He made a mental note as he finally stopped outside of Kagome's door to have her room moved into the empty room next to his.

Another bolt of thunder rang through the night and with his superior sense's he picked up the frightened whimper that came through from the other side if the door. His heart ached for the daughter that he didn't know but now all that was about to change. He silently eased opened the door and looked into the room. With his excellent eyes he saw the room was done in beautiful shades of yellow and flowers and that it was fit for a princess. He spied the bed sitting in the corner of the room that had windows all around it and the small lump in the bed that was hidden under the blanket. He watched the aforementioned lump jump in fright when another bolt of thunder shook the house.

"Kagome" he called out after seeing his daughter jump again at another bolt of lightning.

Very slowly the bundle stopped shaking and just stood still.

" Kagome" he called out again and now the bundle started to move. It slowly sat up and the blanket fell off and a head of raven hair was exposed

"Kagome" he called out for a third time and slowly the child turned her head to face the owner of the voice who was calling her name. The moment her eyes locked with Sesshoumaru she called out one thing " Papa?"

Sesshoumaru walked to her bedside and watched as she looked at him as if he were a ghost. He reached out to touch her but as his hand came near her, Kagome backed away. Sesshoumaru heart almost broke at the action, but another bolt of thunder sent Kagome jumping into his arms and hugging him as hard as she could.

Sesshoumaru slowly retuned the embrace, and when he finally did he could feel tears wetting his bare chest. His superior hearing picked up the whisper of " Papa, I'm scared"

Over the raging storm outside. Sesshoumaru made soft comforting noises that only she could hear and relaxed her racing heart. Once he believed that she had fallen asleep in his arms he gently laid her on her bed and covered her up with her sheets. But before he could her bedside Kagome's arm shot out of the blanket and grabbed his own.

"Papa please don't leave, I don't want to be alone"

"Of course Kagome, I'll be here for you now and forever. You'll never be alone again," Sesshoumaru said while running his hand through her raven colored hair and looking into her silvery blue eyes.

"Will you stay with me please, Papa? Just for tonight." Kagome said while pulling him towards her bed with the arm she still held.

" Of course my little hime" Sesshoumaru said before climbing on top of the sheets while he smoothed the rest of them around Kagome who was still lying under them. He relaxed next to her and before he knew it she was asleep. As he himself was falling asleep he felt Kagome curl up next to him and he laid a protective arm around her. He swore to himself that from now on he would always be there for his daughter and no one was going to take her away from him or hurt her without going through him first.

If Sesshoumaru had bothered to open his eyes and looked out the window, he would have seen an image of Kagome sitting on a cloud watching the both of them with a smile on her face that showed everything was going to be all right now.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Whew! That's five pages people and a lot of typing. Like I said this is my first story so please read and review and let me know if I should continue with this. I welcome flames as well; I'll use them to critique my work.

Well that's it for now. Be safe and make good choices and remember that milk does the body good.LOL ^_^!

Quote of the day:

"Neither I, nor you could pull out the Tetsusaiga. But she has easily gotten past the barrier. You want me to ignore this?"_Sesshomaru