InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Daddy's Little Girl ❯ Of Fishes and Sitters ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daddy's Little Girl by Sesshoumaru's Lady

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and I never will. The only thing I own is little Kagome and the story plot. Please don't sue me you won't get much if you do.

A/N: I don't have anything really to say, so just sit back, relax, and enjoy the chappie.

Getting back into the old routine with a twist

Kagome was dragging Rin through the halls of Takami manor for a good 5 min before they finally reached her room. As soon as she had let go of Rin's hand, Rin collapsed on the ground and tried to catch her breath. 'Who knew a 5 yr old could run so fast.' Kagome hearing the soft thud behind her turned to look at Rin and asked " Are you okay Ms.Rin, why are you on the ground? You look really silly!" She all but giggled out.

" I don't know how five year olds like you do it. You can run for hours without even a drop of sugar." Rin grumbled, then said in slightly higher voice, "So Kagome where are we?" She was curious because she was in a hallway that contained only doors to what she could only assume were bedrooms.

"We are in my Papa's side of the house and this is my room." Kagome said while opening the door to her room. She stepped inside and then moved out of the way so that Rin could enter. Rin stepped inside and her jaw practically hit the ground when she saw how big the room was with WEALTH screaming in big capital letters right back at her. The room was bigger than her apartment; she saw the aqua blue wall with its butterflies, the entertainment system that had every single piece of expensive electrical equipment that was available in the world. She saw all the toys a little girl could only dream of having, the balcony, all in all it was a room that was fit for a princess or in Kagome's case the richest little girl in the world.

"Do you like it?" Kagome asked shyly.

"I love it Kagome-chan it's very pretty, so what do you want to do first?" Rin asked

"Well first we have to put Mr. Wiggles in with his friends" Kagome said while motioning to the fish bowl in her hands. " Mr. Wiggles where did you come up with that name?" Rin asked while laughing silently. " My uncle Miroku told me a story about a fish that could dance and he said that his name was Mr. Wiggles."

"Oh I understand now" Rin said still laughing silently, " So where is this fish tank of yours, Rin asked not seeing a fish tank anywhere in the huge room. " It's in my bathroom." Kagome said while grabbing her hand and leading her to a door on the right side of the room. Kagome opened up the door and Rin saw the bathroom of her dreams and the dream of probably all the women on the face of the planet. It was huge and white. There was a Jacuzzi tub situated in the middle of the room on the floor that had a small waterfall that made it look natural. There was a shower room on the far side that could easily hold 15 people at once. The room had a lot of green plants in it and even a small fountain of a woman pouring a jug. She turned around in the room and was looking for the fish tank. She almost passed when she saw it. The fish tank was not a normal one that sat on a table or stool no; this one was much bigger than that and certainly more unique. This fish tank took up the size of a wall, 'no wait this fish tank is the wall'. Rin though amazed. She watched Kagome walk up to the wall and go to the far left bottom corner of the wall. She squatted next to it and pulled out a section of the wall that looked like a draw, except it was filled with water. She ran over to the little girl and watched her pour the small fishbowl that contained rocks and everything into the draw and then close. A few seconds later, Rin saw the small fish swimming in the large tank that made up the wall.

"That is so cool." Rin squealed as she looked in the fish tank and saw all the different types of fishes that was in there, most of them were beautiful exotic ones that she had never even seen before.

"Isn't it? Uncle Miroku gave it to me for my birthday last year." Kagome said while looking at the fish tank too. Then a second later she grabbed Rin's hand and pulled her out back into her room, where she jumped on the couch and dragged Rin with her. She put on the T.V and started channel surfing. Rin looked around her and at the empty couch across from her and then around the room, looking to see if the guard that Sesshoumaru had assigned was there yet. Not seeing anyone, she turned back to the front ready to watch some T.V with Kagome when she saw a strange man sitting across from them. She let out a small scream. Kagome and the man quickly looked at her. "Ms. Rin are you okay, why did you scream?" Kagome asked worriedly.

Rin put a hand on her racing heart and slowly raised a finger to point at the strange man before asking in a shaky voice " When …when…when…did you…you get here?"

The man blinked at her strangely for a second before a look of dawning slowly came across his face. He stood up and walked directly in front of her before bowing much to her shock. He extended his hand to shake hers and Rin timidly put hers in his. " My name is Kyo Ukimura my lady, but please just call me Ukimura my lady, and what might your name be?" He asked in a voice that could easily make any girl turn into a puddle of mush.

"My name is R-Rin"she stuttered. 'Kami-sama why do all the guys in this place have to be so handsome' she thought. Ukimura raised her hand to his lips and gave them a small peck after saying " A beautiful name for a beautiful girl". All Rin could do was nod her head while she took in his apperance. He had shoulder length blue hair that he had flipped up behind him at the bottoms and bangs that hung over his sparkling green eyes. He had oh a white sleeveless shirt that had the 2 first buttons undone, and on top of that he had on a yellow sleeveless coat with tail that had red embroidery on the sides and Chinese styled buttons that didn't hold anything together. He had on dark red pants, which he tucked into his knee length black boots. She could see a katana strapped to his waist and visibly gulped. He looked like some war general that walked straight out of feudal Japan just 20x cuter. {1}

"Don't be afraid I will not harm you if you do not harm Kagome" Ukimura said when he saw her gulp at the sight of his Katana

" I understand" Rin said calming down and relaxing slightly in his presence. " So Ukimura are you going to play with us too? " Kagome asked while jumping on his back so he could hold her piggyback style, which he gladly did. " Of course Lady, I'll play with you and Ms. Rin. " Ukimura said.

"Please just call me Rin both of you." she said while sitting down on the couch and making herself comfy, " So what are we going to play Kagome?" Rin asked the little girl on Ukimura back who was giggling in delight as he tickled her sides gently.

Ukimura put the small girl back on the sofa and stood next to it awaiting her decision. Kagome put her finger on her chin and stuck out her tongue at the corner of her mouth and made it seem like she was thinking very hard before she said " we're going to go ride the horsies to the ruin lake and go swimming"

"Ruin Lake?" Rin asked. " It is a man made lake built by Lord Inuyasha. When he had it built he had the frames of buildings and houses thrown in at the bottom. It's like an old underwater city, it's a lot of fun to swim in and he made a point of having items thrown in there as well so you could act like you looking at lost treasure while your down there." Ukimura answered her.

"Oh that sounds like so much fun, but sadly I don't have a bathing suit or a change of clothes." Rin said dejectedly, she really wanted to go and swim in that lake. " Don't worry I can fix that" Kagome said while running to the front door of her room she opened the door and stuck her head out in the hallway. She looked left then right and in her normal said voice said, " Ah, Un Rin needs a swimsuit and some clothes." Before she closed the door.

"Umm… who were you talking too Kagome?" Rin asked after seeing no one in the hallway, but before the child could answer there was a knock on the door and then it opened to reveal Ah standing with a swimsuit and towel for Rin, while Un had some clothes in her size. They handed them to Rin and before she could even ask "how", they were gone. Kagome quickly ran in her closet grabbed her things and then grabbed Ukimura's hand and Rin and led them off to the stables where they got some horses and then they rode to the lake to have some fun swimming for the day.

Meanwhile as Kagome was busy having fun, Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha, and Miroku had moved their meeting from one of the dining rooms to the solarium on the westerns side of the manor.

" So how much of our funds are going into development and research?" Sesshoumaru asked Inuyasha while typing up something on his laptop.

"About 30 %, and were getting great inventions from our scientist so it's all worth it." Inuyasha said after looking at some papers laid out on the glass table in front of them.

The Solarium was one of the nicest rooms on the manor. Built so that it would always shine where the sunlight and moon could hit it, this room had no lights except for some stone pillars that had small lanterns at the top incase it was really dark that and you couldn't get any natural light. The whole room was made of glass and so was the roof/ceiling. The room was covered in green plants and the stone floor had small droves in them that went in every direction curling in little designs here and there that made it look like a river was flowing. In one corner of the room there was a small waterfall that started from the ceiling and that hit the pond below it that had some fish in it. There was white wicker and glass furniture scattered throughout the room. The Takami men were sitting at the glass patio table in the middle of the room to finish their meeting.

" So what did our researchers come up with recently?" Miroku asked Inuyasha.

"Well they finalized their plans for the new lighting of the Tokyo tower a few days ago." Inuyasha said.

Miroku almost chocked on his water. " You're joking. How could they finish that project in only a few months it was supposed to take a couple of years."

" Don't ask me how they did, all I know it that I received the call a day ago from Fluffy's secretary that they were done and they want us to come down to the company to see the finalized plans." Inuyasha said

" So we have to go in tomorrow then." Sesshoumaru said while shutting down his laptop finishing whatever it was has working on

"Yea I guess we do" Miroku said while shutting down his laptop as well and seeing out of the corner of his eyes that Inuyasha was doing the same.

Miroku and Sesshoumaru put all the papers they had out in a neat pile and then leaned back and relaxed in the solarium enjoying the sun that was shining through the roof.

As the three were silently relaxing they heard the sound of girlish giggling and they all looked out the window/wall to see Kagome and Rin running to the area were the stables were and Ukimura slightly behind them carrying all the bags.

" Guess their enjoying themselves. " Inuyasha said.

Before anyone else could say anything a knock sounded on the door that led to the solarium.

"Enter" Sesshoumaru said. The three watched the door open and saw Sora enter and bow before them before closing the door and walking towards them with her head still down.

"Do you need something Sora" Miroku asked while looking at the cat-youkai who was exceptionally beautiful. She had long black hair and ice pink eyes and was wearing a Pink kimono with leaves on them in her human form.

" My lords I have come to tell you that I am resigning from my position in your household." Sora said softly.

"What? Why?" Inuyasha asked. They had known Sora since the feudal era and she was one of the most trusted people that they knew.

" I do not feel happy to do so my lords, but my mother has become suddenly ill and she wishes for all her children to be near her in her death. I cannot deny my mother's last wishes, but as you know I will need to take the position as the female head of the household since I am the oldest daughter. I would love to stay here and serve you my lords but the fates must not have deemed it so, or else this would not have happened." Sora said.

" What you can't go! Who will watch and care for Kagome if you're gone!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Be quiet, Inuyasha. Have you no respect for the girl. Her mother is ill and near death and you wish her to remain for our own selfish reasons." Sesshoumaru said while glaring at Inuyasha. He turned his head and softened his eyes when he looked upon Sora. " Sora you know that if you ask I can have the best youkai doctors tend to your mother and insure her survival."

" I am sure you can my lord, but I know that is not what my mother would want, she would want to go and be with my father in heaven. Thank you for your offer though. It means so much to me that you would be so generous."

"We understand Sora." Miroku said. " However should you find that you ever need anything while you are gone, money, cars, doctors, whatever, just tell us and you will have it. If you manage to settle everything over there and would like to return, you will always have a job here." Inuyasha said.

" I thank you very much my lords. Do take care and be healthy and tell Lady Kagome that I said 'goodbye and that I will miss her very much.'" Sora said while a few tears leaked from her eyes.

" We will Sora, and take care" Sesshoumaru said while watching Sora bow and leave the room and their lives.

" Now we will need to find a new, trustworthy, reliable, friendly, youkai sitter for Kagome." Miroku said.

"This is going to be hard." Inuyasha groaned while running his hands through his black hair.

" How about we get a human sitter." Miroku suggested.

"Good luck," Inuyasha joked. " You want to find a human female who won't gawk at us and try to steal something from the manor. I think your chances of finding a girl like that is when someone hits the devil with a snowball in hell."

Before Miroku or Sesshoumaru could respond to that they heard the girlish laughter from before and saw Rin, Kagome, and Ukimura heading back into the manor-soaking wet. It was what they saw that stunned them. Kagome was riding on top of Rin's shoulders laughing at something the girl was telling her. That was the last they saw of them before they disappeared inside the manor.

"Are you thinking of what I'm thinking?" Inuyasha asked Miroku and Sesshoumaru in a singsong voice.

"I do believe we found our new sitter." Miroku said while crossing his leg and folding his hands on his lap.

"Absolutely not" Sesshoumaru said. "Aww why not fluffy?" Inuyasha whined. Sesshoumaru sighed before he said, " Besides the fact that she is a human, she is too young too know the proper ways to care for a child, much yet like a child as special as Kagome and her youkai and miko powers. You also cannot forget the fact that this house is entirely youkai operated. We can not risk exposure."

"But Kagome already likes her and we know her somewhat. I say we get to know her better at dinner and see what happens. Let's bring up the issue, she how she reacts, and then let her actually watch Kagome for a while. We will tell the staff to remain on human illusions at all time and then we can make a decision later." Miroku suggetested.

"We'll see how well she acts as dinner. If she not some brainless git then I will consider it. Until then the answer is no. Go through our sources and tell them were looking for a youkai sitter. With that said go and refresh yourselves and get ready for dinner." Sesshoumaru said while leaving the now dark room to go to his own to do as he just said and to get ready for the dinner he knew was not going to be fun.

A/N: Okay that's it chapter 6 is done. Now as you know I am still waiting for reviews. Because I have now decided to post this in mediaminer, and have already received a review with the answer to my question I already have one of my spots for an original character taken. However I believe that it wouldn't be fair if I had only one more opening for those of you who read on only ff.net and mm.org. To make this simple I now have 2 spots open and you may apply for them if you want. All you have to do to win is tell me who you think the evil reporter is at the end of chapter 4. I think the answer is fairly obvious. Just tell me who you think it is in a review and if you are right I will contact you through an e-mail. It's first come first serve, and I guarantee that if you win you will have a somewhat major role in the fic. Till then remember, be safe, make good choices and if you're going to swim in man-eating shark infested waters….good luck! Lol!

Quote of the day:

"We'll talk first, kill later" Sesshoumaru