InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Daddy's Little Girl ❯ Questions, Answers and New Friends oh my ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daddy's Little Girl by Sesshoumaru's Lady

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and never will. The only thing I own is the story and little Kagome, please don't sue you won't get much if you do anyway.

A/N: Hi there everyone. Sorry for the delay and not posting a new chapter up soon, I've been real bust over the summer and updating this fic was the last thing that I was thinking of doing. I won't bore you with a long a/n now, I'll do it later, now enough of this and onto the story.

Questions, Answers, and New Friends Oh my

Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha and Miroku arrived back at their manor at a little past midnight with Kagome sound asleep in her father's arms. She had cried herself to sleep on the way back and Sesshoumaru and the other's could do nothing but say reassuring words and try to ease her into a peaceful sleep that they knew would not come.

Inuyasha opened the door to the manor and was greeted by Sora the cat youkai who tended to Kagome, " My lords welcome home." She said softly as too not wake the sleeping child in her master's arms. " I received the items that you sent from the three inu-youkai from the festival earlier in the night and have placed them in milady's room. I saw what happened at the festival over the T.V. If I may be sold bold my lords, is the young Miss okay?"

Inuyasha tried his very best to keep from growling out at the cat demon standing before him for asking such a question when she obviously knew what the answer was. Luckily it was Miroku who answered her before Inuyasha could. " How would you feel Sora if you were in Kagome's place tonight?" Miroku answered sarcastically.

"Please forgive my impudence my lords, I meant no harm" Sora said while bowing deeply to show her respect.

Before anyone else could say a word, Sesshoumaru walked past them carrying Kagome gently to her room.

"Sorry, Sora, I did not mean to come across so harshly. We have had a long, tiring, and eventful day that has left none of us in the best of moods. I would advise you to stay away from Sesshoumaru and Kagome right now. He is acting on nothing but his instincts right now, and he won't hesitate to shred anyone who comes within 20 feet of Kagome. Go around the manor and tell the rest of the staff to stay away from them until further notice is given, if they value their lives. Now if you will excuse me I have about 30 reporters and photographers to go and sue." Miroku said.

"Of course my lords, no harm done and I will go and complete my tasks now." Sora said with a deep bow.

As Miroku was walking to the study/office division in the current side of the manor he was on he called over his shoulder " Inuyasha come and help me, it well help relieve some of the stress". Miroku was rewarded with a growl of annoyance and the sounds of Inuyasha's footsteps following behind him.

Meanwhile, in another part of the manor, Sesshoumaru had gently laid Kagome on her huge bed while he went to her dresser to pull out a pair of gray silk pajamas with orange butterflies on them. He quickly undressed her and put on her pajamas after which, he wrapped Kagome up in one of the many silk sheets on her bed before once again picking her up and walking onto the balcony and sitting on the little couch that was placed outside. He settled himself down and made himself comfortable before settling Kagome into the crook of his arm and chest. Once she was comfortable, he willed away the spell that took away his demon features and willed his tail to wrap around Kagome and the sheets to make sure that she stayed warm. Once that was done he relaxed and enjoyed the winds presence on his face and contented himself to look at the moon for the rest of the night because he knew he would never fully relax to the point of sleeping until Kagome opened her eyes.

As he was looking at the moon he remembered a memory he had hidden deep within his mind about his mate Kagome;

Flashback:

It was a cloudless night and the tai-youkai of the western lands was at the moment patrolling his lands. He had just disposed of a few lower class demons that thought they could intrude on his lands and get away with it. As he was getting ready to head back to his castle, the wind blew by and he caught the scent of his half-brother.

'How convienent, the hanyou is on my lands, it is yet another opportunity to get the Tetsuiga.' Sesshoumaru thought while quickly heading in the direction where he last caught the scent.

Yet as he was heading towards it the scent changed from that of Inuyasha's but into a much more pleasant one, one that smelled like Jasmines and Lily's with a hint of cinnamon. As the scent was at its strongest he silently walked into a clearing to find its source. What he saw made him stop in his tracks. 'It's Inuyasha's wench, no wait what was her name…Kagome'. There indeed was Kagome standing in the middle of a small lake up to her knees. She wasn't wearing her usual school uniform but instead a white Kimono that had ivy vines curling this way and that on it with a silver obi. The end of the Kimono floated lightly on the surface of the water, and it didn't help that she was standing directly under the light of the moon highlighting her features, and beauty. 'Goddess' was the only taught that went through Sesshoumaru's mind.

Before he could step out of the clearing, Kagome suddenly turned her head and her eyes connected with his. Sesshoumaru anticipating that she was going to scream her head off turned to leave so that he could silently attack his brother but instead he heard the words " Sesshoumaru-sama, won't you come look at the moon with me?"

He turned to leave the clearing, his mind telling him he better things to do than stay here with the human, but his body betrayed him and he soon found himself standing in the water next to her.

" You should fear me right now, you do know that I can easily kill you if I so desired right?" Sesshoumaru asked when he smelt no fear coming from the girl at him being this close to her.

"I know you can Sesshoumaru, but I sense no ill will from you and besides if you wanted to kill me then you would have done it by now." Kagome said with a voice that showed she believed what she said to the fullest. After a minute had passed, Kagome turned her head towards his and asked, " So what exactly does a tai-youkai do?"

And before Sesshoumaru could even comprehend what was happening, he found himself talking to her about anything and everything before Kagome had to leave, unless they wanted Inuyasha to catch them. Ever since that moment, Sesshoumaru found himself talking to her each and every night and before long he knew everything about her and she knew everything about him that was the beginning of everything.

End Flashback

Sesshoumaru was brought out of his musings when he felt Kagome shift in his arms and tail. He looked back at the moon and found it gone and the sun rising, and the sky becoming streaked with oranges, pinks, and reds as the sun continues it's ascent into the sky. It was then that he noticed that he had thinking about Kagome for the entire night. Another twitch in his arms and tail and he looked down at his daughter who was awakening and trying to stretch but was prohibited by his tail since it was so firmly wrapped around her. He loosed his tail a bit and watched as Kagome stretched and gave a sleepy looking yawn before bringing her hands up to her face to rub her eyes. She opened her eyes and looked around sleepily before her eyes registered where she was and whom she was with.

"Papa, why are we outside?" Kagome asked recognizing her father even though he was in his humanoid form, complete with markings.

" To tell you the truth I do not know" Sesshoumaru said, he truly didn't know what compelled him last night to take his daughter outside and sleep.

Kagome gave an innocent shrug of her shoulders before she once again stretched her arms above her head but this time instead of bringing them back down she let them rest lightly on her father's face and she lightly began to trace his demon marks with her fingers while giggling to herself softly. Once she was done with her inspection much to her father's amusement, she turned to look at the sky and let out a soft gasp at the pretty sight of the sky, with it orange, red, and pink, streaks.

As she was looking at the sky, Sesshoumaru wrapped his tail a little tighter around Kagome and pulled her closer so that she could rest her head on his chest. As he was doing this, Kagome was remembering last night's events.

"Papa, who were those people last night?" Kagome asked innocently

Sesshoumaru growled silently in his mind all the while pondering if Miroku had started filing law suits against those reporters. " They were the media"

"But why did they act that way papa?"

"They do not know any better. Your uncles and myself and now you are very important people, and if the media can take a picture of us they get more money, although how they acted like last night does not exclude their behavior."

"Will they be back Papa, I didn't like all those lights last night they hurt my eyes?" Kagome said innocently while watching the sun crest over the mountains in the distance.

"Probably Kagome, but don't worry you will never be alone if they do come back and your uncles are going to make sure that they never hurt you again. You will be safe," he said while wrapping his arms around his daughter and watching as the sun continued to climb in the sky.

"Okay papa, I believe you" Kagome said while she completely relaxed in her father's embrace. That was the way they stayed until the sun finally reached the top of the sky and it became too bright for them to continue staring at it like they were. Once that had happened, Sesshoumaru wrapped his tail under Kagome's arms and got up off his seat all the while swinging Kagome around to his back where she rested her arms, head, and shoulder on his left shoulder, while his tail made sure she didn't fall and that was the way that they walked into the dining room for breakfast.

Miroku and Inuyasha looked up from the plates and the amounts of different newspapers scattered on the table to see Sesshoumaru deposit a giggling Kagome into her seat by his tail before he took his own. Not even two seconds after he was seated was a plate of food being place before him and Kagome along with assorted juices, toast, fruits, and all that good stuff that went with breakfast.

" Well it looks like some people had a good nights rest." Miroku said with a small laugh while watching an energized Kagome bounce in her seat while eating some French toast.

"Well at least some people got some sleep, other people was working other people to their deaths last night." Inuyasha growled out while taking a viscous bite out of his sausage while glaring at Miroku who was helping Kagome refill her glass of orange juice after she had gobbled the whole thing down.

"So tell me how far did we go this time?" Sesshoumaru asked after taking a sip of his black coffee and pushing his plate of food aside missing the frown that Kagome gave him.

"Do you really want to know?" Inuyasha asked

" I wouldn't have asked if I did not wish to know the answer idiot." Sesshoumaru said calmly, and ignoring the sudden growl that Inuyasha gave him.

"Well Fluffy we made it to the States and even Australia and parts of Africa and Alaska." Inuyasha said referring to the media's coverage of them.

"We've even had 10 faxes so far this morning asking for an interview with all of us and of course Kagome." Miroku said while eating his own pancakes and reading the nonsense that the tabloids and press decided to write about themselves and who 'the mysterious little girl was'.

"Yeah and we'll probably have even more asking for interviews in the mail. I could only imagine the amount of mail that we are going to get within the next couple of days." Inuyasha said

" Well we will deal with the problems as they arrive. For now let us focus on something el-" Sesshoumaru started only to be cut off as a piece of French toast was stuffed in his mouth. His eyes followed the fork to the hand, to the arm, to the face holding it only to see Kagome's.

Inuyasha and Miroku, took once look at what happened before busting out in laughter. Inuyasha managed to compose himself and take a picture of the hilarious situation before busting into laughter again.

Sesshoumaru swallowed the piece of food in his mouth before turning to Kagome. " Do explain why you just did that?" he said emotionlessly

"Papa you can't skip breakfast. Sora-chan told me it was the most important meal of the day and that if you don't eat breakfast you get sick. I don't want you to get sick papa because then I would be sad." Kagome said with watery eyes.

Sesshoumaru looked at his daughter for a few minutes before sighing and pulling his recently abandoned plate towards him to eat the breakfast that was on it. 'I'm getting soft, the things I do for her'. Sesshoumaru took his first bite by himself and watched as Kagome's face split into the biggest smile before she finished up the rest of hers.

Inuyasha and Miroku glanced at each other and then at Kagome marveling at the things she could get her father to do.

"Now what were you saying Fluffball." Inuyasha said.

"I was saying lets focus on something else besides our problems with the media. What was our highest profit gain yesterday?" Sesshoumaru asked now referring to his company. He watched as Inuyasha and Miroku started shifting through the piles of newspapers scattered all over the table before finding the papers that branded the "Takami Corporation" logos.

Miroku spoke up first after taking a quick glance at one of the sheets in his hands. " Yesterday between all of our companies all over the world we made over 65 billion".

"Most of the profits were made here from the central building, with the second coming from our building in NYC and the third coming from our division in San Francisco, California." Inuyasha said right after Miroku reading from the papers in his hands.

"So our U.S divisions are doing well then…" Sesshoumaru trailed off. Kagome realizing that her uncles and father were going to talk about the company for a little while finished off her small 2nd glass of orange juice before jumping off her chair and running out of the dining room earning the quick glances of her father and uncles before they went back to their work.

As she was running through the halls she was thinking of something fun to do. She waved to all the servants who greeted her and gave her a small bow before continuing her small sprint to nowhere in the huge manor. As she was turning the corner she went crashing into two sets of legs and fell flat on her back.

"Ouchies" Kagome said while looking up to see who she ran into. She saw her favorite set of twin dragon youkai Ah and Un who were in their humanoid form using a spell to hide their demon features. Ah and Un were exactly alike except for 2 small differences that helped you to tell them apart. Ah had jet-black hair with a strip of white hair on his right side of his face and he had very strange eyes. They were green rimmed with gold, whereas Un had jet-black hair with a strip of white hair on the left side of his face and his eyes were gold rimmed with green.

"Ah little miss, please forgive us -" Ah started only to have Un finish with " we are truly sorry for causing you any ouchies".

Kagome got up and said it was okay and that she would see them later before continuing her run to nowhere before she could get far she was picked up by Sora who took her to her room to get a bath and change her clothes. Sora had dressed her in a pair of jean capris and a blue tank top and some white sneakers. That was all Sora got to do before Kagome ran from her with her hair-dripping wet.

Kagome's innocent childish laughter was heard throughout the manor, and in the dinning room, Miroku looked up and said " Kagome's on the run again" before he turned back to the breakfast turned meeting.

Elsewhere Kagome was running from Sora and was running past the front door when the doorbell rang. "I got it" Kagome's voice rang throughout the house before she ran to the front door. She briefly noticed Ah and Un right behind her ready to shield her from danger should it be something bad.

Kagome opened up the door to see a young woman of about 18 standing there. She was wearing a red t-shirt and a pair of black jeans, her side ponytail blew in the autumn breeze, and in her hands she held a small glass bowl, that held water, some rocks, and a goldfish.

" Can we help you ma'am?" Ah asked.

"UH …um… yea…hi my name is Rin…um I was at the festival last night and I saw the whole incident…." Rin started to say. She was finding it kind of hard to believe that she a total stranger was actually standing in the doorframe of the famous Takami manor and she was glancing over Ah and Un's shoulder looking into the foyer and just seeing the walls alone scream wealth. Before she could see anymore her view between Ah and Un's shoulder was blocked as Sesshoumaru Takami stepped behind them to look at her. She almost passed out in shock at seeing the man , he was more beautiful than the pictures showed him.

Sesshoumaru had heard the doorbell ring and when he heard that Kagome was going to answer the door, he abruptly ended the improtu meeting and headed towards the foyer all the while reapplying his spell that made him look like human. He arrived in the door just to hear the stranger state that her name was Rin. He ran through all the people in his mind and didn't come up with ever knowing a Rin that was why when he got in front of the girl he asked rather emotionlessly " What do you want here and how did you get passed the security at the gate?"

Ah and Un moved to the side so that their lord could stand directly behind his daughter and they stayed by his side ready to help him with whatever he needed.

"I..um got passed the guard…because…he was um…. He was sleeping…" Rin stuttered out barely able to talk and was blushing uncontrollably. 'Great now he probably think that I'm some brainless git.' Meanwhile Sesshoumaru was actually thinking 'Damn owl youkai, there no good during the day.' " Fine that explains one of my two questions now answer my other one." Sesshoumaru demanded once he shook himself out of his musings.

"Right" Rin said a little shakily. " Um…like I said before… I was at the um festival last night and I saw what happened…-" Before Rin could continue, Sesshoumaru cut her off by saying " If you're here for an autograph or an interview you better leave now before I make your life hell." Sesshoumaru said rudely.

Rin straightened her back and held her head up high to deal with the rude man. " On the contraire, I actually came to give this to your daughter, niece, little sister whatever this little girl is to you." Rin said while motioning to the goldfish in her hand.

Kagome was following the conversation so far and that was when she noticed the dish in Rin hands. She turned around and pulled on her father's pants legs. " Papa looked it's the goldfish you won for me at the festival."

Sesshoumaru looked at the girl before he looked down at his daughter and said " Ah so it is, won't you please come in. " he stepped aside and let Rin in. Ah closed the door after her before he and Un disappeared down a corridor.

"Please forgive my earlier, rudeness we can't take any precautions after last nights incident, you do understand right?" Sesshoumaru asked

"Of course Mr. Takami." Rin said somehow feeling more relaxed in his presence.

Before Sesshoumaru could say anything else to the girl, Kagome piped up with, " Thank you for bringing home my fishy, Ms. Rin. Do you wanna come and put him in my room with me?"

"You're quite welcome and please call me Rin, and you would have to ask your father." Rin said while squatting so she could be eye level and handed over the bowl to Kagome, to the little girl she had to admit who was quite beautiful.

Kagome turned to her father and she didn't even have to ask all she had to do was look him straight in the eyes and after a moment he sighed and said " Fine Ms. Rin you may stay for the remainder of the day and have dinner with us, however if I hear you causing any trouble with my daughter or if you hurt her you will wish that you never heard of us do I make myself clear."

"Crystal Mr. Takami. I would never even dream of hurting your daughter." Rin said completely honest.

"Then you won't object if I have one of my security personnel follow you around." Sesshoumaru asked.

"Of course not." Rin said. As soon as she said that he reached into his pocket and pulled out a cell phone " Ukimura, I require you. There is a guest her by the name of Rin. She will be spending the day with my daughter I want you to watch out for her and keep an eye on Kagome do I make myself clear. Good"

Sesshoumaru hung up and looked at Rin one last time long and hard before turning his head to look down at Kagome and gave her a small smile before turning on his heal and back to the dining room to continue to do some work on the company with Inuyasha and Miroku.

Before Rin could even think about anything else, she was grabbed by the hand and being led to the staircase that took up the back half of the foyer. "C'mon Rin I want to show you my room." Kagome said while pilling Rin with one her hand and holding her goldfish carefully with the other one.

"Wait aren't we supposed to wait for this Ukimura person." Rin asked while being led through a whole bunch of confusing corridors.

" No, don't worry he'll find us." Kagome said meanwhile the only thing that was going through Rin's mind was 'what have I gotten myself into'

A/n: Okay people that's it for now, I made this chapter 9 pages long for you to make up for not updating. Because no one sent me a review in the last chapter for telling me who one of the two character's was, I now have only 2 spots left in the story if you want to be in it. If you want to be in DLG (Daddy's Little Girl) all you have to do is tell me who you think the evil mysterious reporter is although I think it's fairly easy to tell. The first 2 people to send me the correct answer will get to be in the story, it's first come first serve. I will contact the winners in an e-mail. You have until chapter 7 to get me your answers. Besides that if you read the story please leave a review it makes me feel good and encourages me to continue writing .If I don't get any it makes me think that my story is bad and I'll stop writing. Flames are welcomed. Now remember, be safe, make good choices, and don't forget to feed the monkeys. LOL!

Quote of the day:

"You little men annoy me. Go!" Sesshoumaru

P.S. by the way I nead a beta , if you are interested in the job please let me know in a review.