InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Daddy's Little Girl ❯ Of festivals, paparazzi, and angry uncles ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daddy's Little Girl by Sesshoumaru's Lady

A/N: Sorry that I didn't post a chapter sooner, I've been really busy lately. I won't bother you with a long boring a/n so without further ado, here is chap 4. Now enough of this and onto the story.

Of Festivals, Paparazzi, and Angry Fathers

The Takami family arrived at Tokyo Central Park as soon as the sun was beginning to set. Kagome was holding her father's hand as he led her down the sidewalk and to the entrance of the park. Inuyasha and Miroku were walking ahead of them to see exactly where the media was so they could try to avoid them, although it would be kind of hard when you were the three most wanted men on earth.

"Papa will you win me a goldfish if we find one of the games that gives them away as prizes." Kagome asked happily while swinging her hand with her father and skipping next to him.

"Anything you want Kagome" Sesshoumaru said while glancing at her and slowly pulling her behind him so the two men walking towards them carrying a huge box wouldn't hit her.

"You promise papa," Kagome said while resuming her space next to him after the two men had passed. "I promise hime."

As Kagome continued walking and talking with her father, she noticed Inuyasha and Miroku heading back towards them. " Hey Uncle Inu, Uncle Roki".

"Munchkin" Inuyasha greeted while patting her head, while Miroku just nodded and smiled towards her, before his face became grim. Sesshoumaru noticed the look on Miroku's face and asked " How many?"

Inuyasha replied before Miroku could and said " There anywhere between 50-55 photographer's alone, and at least 40-45 reporters."

"It's like every little newspaper and news station is out here," Miroku said while running his hand over his eyes.

"I wouldn't be surprised. This is after all the biggest event in autumn for Tokyo." Sesshoumaru said.

" Do you want to go back?" Inuyasha asked. " No one recognized Miroku and myself, but you with that silver hair would stick out like a sore thumb, I mean how many people have silver hair."

Sesshoumaru took a glance at Kagome who had become really quiet when the started talking about the festival and the media and about them leaving. Yet when Sesshoumaru saw the crestfallen look on her face at the mention of leaving, he knew he couldn't do that. His daughter was making him soft and he knew it, yet he couldn't deny her anything especially after all these years of ignoring her. " No we stay, Kagome wants to go, so we go" Sesshoumaru spoke with a voice that allowed no room for arguments.

"Alright then it's settled." Miroku said. " I talked to one of my contacts inside the park, a crow youkai, and asked him to see which area was least populated with the media and he said the southeast entrance on Kyako Street was our best bet.

"Then let's go" Inuyasha said, while heading down to Kyako street. Five minutes later the four were entering the southeast exit and two minutes after that they were in the festival and looking around the stands. The light of happiness that shown in Kagome's eyes was all worth it the three men decided. They watched her spin around in a circle looking at all the food and games.

"So where to first?" Miroku asked.

" Let's go and get some food, I'm in the mood for some spicy rice balls" Inuyasha said. " How about you Kagome, you ready for some spicy rice balls?"

"You bet, as long as they're not too spicy," Kagome said while grabbing his hand in other one and swinging her arms between him and her father.

10 dollars later Miroku, Inuyasha, and Kagome were happily sitting down at a small table eating their rice balls and drinking some sweet green tea. Miroku tried to get Sesshoumaru to try a rice ball but he refused until Kagome took the iniative to climb in his lap and feed him some of hers.

After they had enjoyed their snack, Miroku bought Kagome some cotton candy to munch on as they walked through the park and it's stands. They stopped at a jewelry stand were Kagome looked at all the pretty jewelry, and her father bought her every single piece that she liked, much to the enjoyment of the stall owner who made a small fortune. As they continued to shop, they stopped to play games where her uncles and father won her a whole bunch of prizes ranging from small plushies, to huge teddy bears twice her size, all of which they made Miroku and Inuyasha carry.

After another two hours they had decided to take a break and grab another snack this time they stopped at a noodle shop where they had a bowl of ramen. Miroku and Inuyasha even convinced Sesshoumaru to have a bowl, thanks to some help from Kagome. The things Sesshoumaru would do for her. While Inuyasha and Miroku were chowing down and Kagome was eating small dainty bites, Sesshoumaru was hardly eating anything at all.

"C'mon Fluffy eat it, you'll like it." Inuyasha said while flagging down a waitress to order another bowl of what he called food from the heavens.

"I do not like to eat out in places such as these. I would rather prefer a five star restaurant." Sesshoumaru said while taking a tentative bite only to please the eyes of his daughter who was staring at him.

"Don't eat it papa if you don't want to. I don't want to force you to do anything you don't want to, because I know you wouldn't force me to do anything I didn't want to." Kagome said softly. She was starting to feel bad at forcing her father to eat the stuff if he didn't like it.

" Don't worry Kagome, its not that bad" Sesshoumaru said while eating another small bite.

"Okay" Kagome said while finishing up her small bowl and watching her two uncles pig out on what was probably there 5th bowl of ramen.

30 minutes and 7 more bowls of ramen later Miroku and Inuyasha had just finished there ramen. "Ah that was delicious" Miroku said while patting his stomach.

"Yeah you said it. I'm still hooked on it like I was in the past. You would think that after a couple of hundred of years you would get tired of it, but never." Inuyasha said while he stretched and reached into his over-filled wallet and pulled out a couple of bills and threw them on the table to cover their eating expenses. Yet while the two continued to talk about how delicious the food was, there other two members looked on disgust. " How many bowls did they have Papa?"

Sesshoumaru looked at his daughter and smiled before he said, "they had enough bowls that they will regret their actions later."

"Ooohhh!" Kagome said even though she really didn't understand what that meant.

The group got up and continued on through the festival. It was only when they were reaching the last of the stands when Kagome spotted one that she wanted to try, especially for the prize.

"Papa, Papa, look, we can win a goldfish there?" Kagome said while pulling on her father's hand to show him the direction in which the stand was. Sesshoumaru looked where she was pointing and indeed saw that it was a stand that had goldfish. It was one of those games where you took the ball and tried to knock down the pins, yet it was he saw next to the stand that made him frown. There were at least 20 photographers and 10 reporters hovering near the area. He looked around trying to see if he could find another stand that had goldfish as the prize, but of course he couldn't find one. He looked down at Kagome and was going to say that he would buy her 100 goldfish and any kind of fish she liked and put them in her huge tank in her room, but when he saw the bright look she was giving him, he knew he couldn't say no and resigned himself to his fate. "Alright then let's go win you a goldfish, hime." He said while walking over there.

" Yo fluff ball, do you not see what's over there?" Inuyasha asked

"My eyes are working quite well little brother, I see what's over there. I also see the only stand in this entire festival that has goldfish as the prize."

"Well why don't you buy her some goldfish instead of having to deal with the media, that we've been able to avoid all night, by some miracle." Miroku asked while shifting Kagome's prizes a bit so he could see better.

"Because I want my papa to win it, it'll be more special that way." Kagome piped up innocently besides her father.

" Whatever you say Kagome." Miroku said after awhile.

They reached the stand and the media who were recently talking to each other hushed as they noticed Sesshoumaru Takami walking towards a game stand with a little girl next to him. Photographers couldn't believe their eyes as they saw the most wanted man on the planet next to them. They watched as he knelt next to the little girl and whispered something to her to make her laugh softly, before he reached into his pocket and pulled some money out his wallet and gave it to the guy behind the stall.

One measly looking photographer raised his camera and steadied his shaking hand. He brought the camera, angled it and SNAP! He took a picture right as Sesshoumaru threw the ball and knocked down the pins.

Another woman who was a reporter turned to her cameraman and told him to start filming this when he saw Sesshoumaru receive the goldfish and hand it to the little girl. Everyone watched in a hushed silence as the little girl hugged Sesshoumaru. SNAP! There went another reporter who managed to get his wits together and take the picture.

It was only when Kagome said "Thank You Papa!" in a happy voice did all hell break loose.

"PAPA!?!" half of the reporters and photographers screamed before they brought themselves together and started taking pictures.

SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! FLASH! SNAP!

"Ah what's happening Papa?" Kagome said scared as all the bright lights were flashing from every direction causing dots to dance in her eyes.

The reporter's readied their mikes and straightened their appearances before turning around to the camera and giving a live breaking news report before running towards the man who could probably buy a small country and still have a huge fortune, to ask for an interview.

"I knew something like this was going to happen." Inuyasha said to Miroku, before looking through the crowds. He spotted three inu-youkai standing among the civilians now watching the spectacle, before summoning them to him.

"Oi, you three, come here at once." Inuyasha commanded while letting some of his youkai loose so they could identify who exactly he was. Miroku turned around and watched as the three inu-youkai recognized who he and Inuyasha was before the ran over to them and did a small quick bow as to not raise suspicions among the humans.

"What can we do for you my lords?" One of the inu-youkai said while keeping his head down, to show his respect.

"You three are to take these items, to our estate in Tokyo. Give this to the bat youkai at the gate and he will let you pass. Simply leave them with a woman named Sora at the estate and leave. Do I make myself clear?" Inuyasha said with a voice filled with authority.

"Yes my lord." The three youkai said in unison before taking the burdens from Miroku and Inuyasha before bowing and leaving.

Once the three were gone Miroku looked at Inuyasha, "Shall we?" he said before getting a nod from Inuyasha, before the two proceeded to push through the media all 90 of them that had somehow ambushed their brother and niece.

"Yo! MOVE! GET OUT OF THE WAY! BEAT IT! SCRAM! OI, I SAID MOVE!" Was the rant from Inuyasha as he pushed through the media, with Miroku right behind them. Most of the media recognized Inuyasha and Miroku as the next two most wanted men on the earth and friends and family of Sesshoumaru Takami. They tried to stop Inuyasha and Miroku from reaching Sesshoumaru however Inuyasha just cut through them like a hot knife through brother and within seconds he and Miroku were standing next to and behind Sesshoumaru trying to keep Kagome hidden between them, who was desperately clinging to her father's leg.

"Mr. Takami exactly who is this little girl with you? Is she really your daughter? Is she adopted? Who is the mother? Where is the mother? When was she born? How old is she? Are you married? What is your wife's name? Where is your wife? When were you married? Why have you never revealed that you had a daughter before? Miroku Hoshi are you related to this little girl? Inuyasha Takami is this really your niece? Do you two know who the mother is? Do you know why she was hidden from the eyes of the public?" On and on the questions went while Inuyasha and, Miroku responded with a "no comment." they were speaking for Sesshoumaru as well, since he would not say a word only give death glares to those who asked him questions or dared to take a step closer to him and his daughter. His instincts were fighting a battle inside of him. The only thing on his mind was " I must protect my pup. Do not let harm come to my pup." He was only using what consciousness he had left to fight off the urge to kill these insolent humans who were trying to harm his pup and not show him the proper respect he deserved as the Tai-inu-youkai of the Western lands.

As he was watching the crowds of media in front of him, and Inuyasha and Miroku were speaking on his behalf. He didn't notice danger until it was too late. A photographer/reporter with long black hair and deep red eyes with a sinister smile crept up behind Sesshoumaru and grabbed onto Kagome pink silk obi and pulled it so she went flying from her Father's side and directly into the center of photographers and reporters who rounded on her and started taking pictures and asking her questions. Scared out of her mind and not being able to see anything except bright flashes of light she did the only thing she could think of and screamed at the top of her tiny lungs "PAPA!!!"

In an instant Sesshoumaru noticed that she was gone and when he heard her scream for him his heart raced. He barreled through the crowds of media, using his youkai strength and not giving a damn about the consequences as he desperately tried to reach his daughter. Not even two seconds after she had called for him was he by her side and cradling her to his chest. He willed his tail under his human spell to wrap around her and keep her pulled close to him.

Inuyasha and Miroku who had also heard Kagome scream and realized what had happened a second later were right behind Sesshoumaru. The media still hounding down on them, Inuyasha lost all control and broke.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? CAN"T YOU SEE WHAT YOU"RE DOING? YOUR TRAMUTATIZING A POOR GIRL FOR LIFE AND MAKING HER CRY ALL FOR SOME STUPID PICTURES AND INTERVIEWS? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ANIMALS, HAVE YOU NO HEART THAT YOU WOULD TRAMATIZE A LIITLE GIRL FOR LIFE JUST SO YOU CAN GET A FEW EXTRA HUNDRED DOLLARS FROM YOUR BOSS FOR GETTING THESE PICTURES? IF YOU HAD JUST GONE ABOUT THIS IN A CIVIL WAY, THAT LITTLE GIRL THAT IS NOW CRYING HER EYES OUT ON MY BROTHER WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU EACH A PICTURE WITH A SMILE ON HER FACE, INSTEAD OF LIKE THIS WITH HER IN TEARS? I HOPE YOU ARE PROUD OF YOURSELF FOR DESTROYING THE LIFE OF A LITTLE GIRL LIKE THIS, AND SHOWING HER THE TRUE COLORS OF THE HUMAN RACE."

The media had stopped all action as they heard Inuyasha speak. They all saw what they were doing to the little girl and the consciousness of those who understood Inuyasha and felt his words stopped what they were doing and left. Over ¾ of the media left, and those that remained merely looked at Inuyasha and the little girl crying before continuing their previous actions with a newfound vigor.

"ENOUGH!" yelled Miroku once again stopping the media in their tracks. "I will never forgive you who remained to what you are doing to this little girl. You better pray that get enough money from these pictures to support you for the rest of your life, because once I'm done suing the holy hell out of you there won't be anything left of you. I will see to it personally that you never work a day again in your pitiful lives." Miroku said quietly, yet anyone could hear the anger in his voice.

"Is that a threat?" One brave male reporter asked aware that all of this was being said on live T.V.

"Your damn straight it is, and trust me when I'll say when I'll do exactly as I planned." Miroku said while turning around to leave as Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha already did.

"Oh yeah how do you plan to do what you say you're going to do when you don't even know are names." The male reporter responded evilly. His crimson red eyes glowing dangerously.

"Oh I have my ways, I have my ways." Miroku said while leaving and walking away from the park and towards the others who were long gone and waiting for him by the car.

"Kukukukuku, we shall see Houshi, we shall see." The reporter said while laughing evilly and leaving the area, which was stained with the tears of a little girl and the goldfish that amazingly was still alive. No one noticed a young woman of about 18, pick up the goldfish and look in the direction that Sesshoumaru and the others had gone in. She had heard everything and was going to do everything in her power to make sure that that little girl became happy again. 'Yes that is what I will do' the girl said with a final bob of her head that made her side ponytail swing. With that she left the area like everyone else did, that would forever be imprinted on the earth with the tears of a frightened little girl.

Okay people, that's it. Sorry that I didn't post this earlier, I became quite busy, that's why I made this chapter longer than the others, kind of to make up for my previous delays. So did you figure out who the evil reporter was and the woman at the end. The first three people to figure it out and respond in a review will get a chance to have a major role in Daddy's Little Girl in the future. So like always remember to review, they make me feel good and encourage me to get out more chapters as quickly as possible, remember that I welcome flames as well. Like always be safe, making good choices, and if you're going to party, partying hard. LOL!

Quote of the day:

"If you have any last words, say them now…" Sesshoumaru