InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness tells ❯ Gosh! It's sooo close!! ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

0A/N: man, I haven't updated in a long time…I'm sorry…oh well! I make up for it with another fic! It's gonna be good, believe me…I just can't think of a good title…I'm thinking of `wild thing'…but that doesn't quite fit…I know what you're thinking…why is this idiot babbling on about another stupid fic? Well, I'm just pissed cuz for some reason, I can't get reviews for this story! …don't ask…um, if you want to review, you can e-mail me…but I doubt you wanna spend that much time, just e-mailing me…anywhoodles, on with the show!!! Oh, by the way, the original point of view, is kinda changed. Before it was all Kagome's point of view (I think…-_-`) but now it's not! ^-^ I love screwing with ya guys! Eww! Not like that!!

blech…

Gosh! It's sooo close!

Kagome woke herself up with a twitch. The sun was also blaring in her eyes, so what choice did she have?

"Kagome?! Are you ready yet?!" Kagome's dad yelled from the foot of the stairs.

"Wha?" Kagome mumbled, "How long was I on the phone with Rin?"

Kagome blinked as she looked at her pink clock.

"Where's the toast, dad?" Souta asked.

"Um. Somewhere on the fridge…" He answered solemnly.

"I can't be-lieve you guys didn't wake me up!!" Kagome yelled from upstairs…or something like that…

"Um, isn't that your job?" Souta asked bluntly.

"No!" Kagome was at the bottom of the stairs in her pajamas with her school uniform skirt pulled over her flannel pants and her top put hastily on, so her undershirt was partly exposed.

"Nice…outfit…it really says a statement…" Souta replied with a slight smirk.

Kagome glared deeply at her smiling brother. "I'll make you eat those words…" If you looked closely enough, you could probably see the steam coming out of her ears.

Souta had his chance to get away alive, but…nooo. "What? Are you trying to impress Hojo? Maybe you'll finally get a date with him. I know you've been dying to get him to notice you."

"Kagome! Don't hurt your brother, right now…" Kagome's dad said as he fumbled with the newspaper comics.

"D-aaaad! Don't say that! She'll just kill me later!" Souta said very whiney.

"That's nice, sport." Their dad was really into that newspaper. That or maybe he really wasn't listening.

"C'mon, Souta. I don't want to be late." Kagome somehow managed to get fully dressed and combed her hair. Snaps for her!

"Please don't kill me…please don't kill me…" Souta whispered to himself. "Kami, don't let her kill me…"

(A/N: oh, I've decided to change my page breaker. ^^the other one looked too much like sesshomaru)

%%%%%

"Hey Sango." Kagome said to her unsuspecting friend.

"Oh, hi Kagome." Sango was looking away from Kagome.

"Okayyy…Hi Rin."

"Hi, Kagome" Rin said with a handshake.

"um, you guys are scaring me." Sango said uneasily.

"Whatever do you mean, Sango?" Kagome said innocently.

"Yes Sango, I think you're the one scaring us, because you are acting very strange compared to us." Rin said with pride.

"Um, okay." Sango was very confused.

"So, anyways, I think we should get to class. Coming, Sango?" Kagome said as she strode past.

"Yeah, I'll catch up later…" Sango was staring away.

"Okay." Rin said as she grabbed Kagome and ran to hide behind a tree to watch the dazed Sango.

"What are you doing?" Kagome whispered to Rin.

"What do you mean, what am I doing? I'm spying on miss un-social over there." Rin said as she hushed her friend so she could see exactly what Sango was going to do. Sango looked around until she finally decided it was safe enough to walk a little closer to a certain someone. She then proceeded to sit down on a wooden bench near him. Who is him, you ask? Why Miroku of course.

"Oh-ho-ho! I smell a bit of puppy-love don't you agree, Rin?" Kagome whispered with a smile.

"Yes, my dear." Rin murmured as she continued to watch the destined couple.

"H-hi, I'm Sango…wait, he already knows that…maybe I won't talk to him, just yet." Sango whispered to herself. She was very indecisive.

"Do you really think she'll talk to him?!" Kagome shrieked.

"Shh! I don't know…" Rin scolded. The two looked back at Sango to find her, invisible. Okay, not invisible, but they couldn't see her anymore.

"Uh-oh, I don't like this one bit." Kagome said. They both exchanged worried glances.

"Ya think?" Rin looked serious. They instantly looked at Miroku, standing by the drinking fountain, looking at every girl that walked past. The thing was, he was alone.

"I thought that Sango…"

Kagome felt a sharp tap on her shoulder.

"What about me?" Sango spat out.

"Um, h-hi San…" Kagome looked around for Rin to help back her up, but…Rin was invisible too! Wait, no…she was just running to Math.

"Kagome, why were you spying on me?!" Sango had a tinge of red staining her cheeks.

%%%%%

"Wow, I can't believe the school hired you to spy on kids around the campus to make sure they aren't dealing drugs!" Sango whispered to Kagome during math class.

"Yeah, um cool huh?" What was Kagome to do? Tell her dear friend that she was spying on her? No way, a little white lie wouldn't hurt, right?

"Very." Sango turned back to her homework. "Hey Kagome?"

"Yeah?" Kagome muttered pushing her calculator to the side of her desk.

"Why were you watching me though?" Sango tilted her head left, then right, then back to the left again.

"Um, I, did you see that guy, um… Komoto? He's one of the suspects. He was hanging around the bench you were at."

"Oh, okay." Sango gave up on her math and decided to go to her science homework.

`close call.' Kagome thought to herself. Suddenly she felt a light nudge on her shoulder.

"Kagome! Look!" It was Rin, pointing to Sango who was now talking to Miroku who was leaning peculiarly near Sango's face. Miroku laughed and thanked Sango as he walked back to his desk. Sango didn't realize she was watching him as he walked away until she lazily glanced over to her two gawking friends.

"What? He just needed a pencil!" Sango blushed and then turned back to desk.

"Suuuure…a pencil." Kagome and Rin said in unison. Sango was ignoring them now.

%%%%%

"Ah! Lunch!" Kagome squealed as she reached for her teeny lunchbox.

"You don't eat enough, Kagome." Rin said as she stuffed a whole pizza a slice into her wide open mouth.

"Rin, you eat too much." Sango said as she twisted her face in disgust.

"Where's your lunch Sango?" Kagome asked.

"I'm not very hungry." Sango stated very clearly. Kagome was about to ask why but she followed Sango's gaze to see a Miroku sitting at a table directly a feet in front of Sango. He was reading some kind of book, looked like a very boring novel. This gave Kagome an idea.

"Hey Sango, do you like novels?" Kagome asked her friend as she snapped her out of her Miroku-trance.

"Yeah, why?" Sango asked blushing a bit.

"Well, your birthdays coming up soon, right?"

"Yeah, in six months. Besides, what I want is something you'll never be able to get me…" Sango said as she faded back into her Miroku-trance again.

"What? A boyfriend?" Rin asked spitting out a few chips.

"What?!" Sango squeaked in surprise. "I wasn't going to say that at all! I want a Porsche! That's what you can't get me!" *blushblush*

"Sure thing." Kagome said sarcastically. Once again, Sango ignored her.

"Well, I think-" Rin was interrupted by an announcement over the school intercom.

# # Hello, this is your principle, the one and only, your ruler and almighty-um, anyways, I would just like to report the Next School dance is coming up! Yes, I'm exited too. Now, just as a reminder, it's tonight, 7-10 p.m., at the old high school gym. Remember no tank tops and no adult drinks or anything of that sort. That is all. # #

"Yes, everything is going according to plan." Rin said evily to herself.

"Rin, you're scaring me…" Kagome said as she got up to go to P.E. "Coming Sango?"

"hmm? Oh, yeah." Sango rose and walked away with Kagome.

"Hey! I didn't even finish my soda!" Rin yelled at the two ignoring friends.

%%%%%%

Ah, P.E. class, the natural hell-on-earth. Kagome, Sango and Rin didn't mind it though. Who wouldn't love wearing an outfit so revealing and just walk around and talk to guys during school? I would. But now, school was over. Why? Because I said so.

"Hey Kagome, You're coming to my house right?" Rin asked, trying to sound like she's never thought of inviting Kagome over before.

"I'm there! Comin' Sango?" Kagome asked with pleading puppy-eyes.

"What? No, okay…fine!" Sango shuffled over to them and started walking with them towards Rin's house.

"Sango? Where are you going?" Rin asked ever so politely.

"Um, you're house?" Sango made retard motions to her now angry friend.

"I mean, we're not walking, we're driving." Rin said with a small smile hiding on her lips.

"You can't drive." Sango replied dryly.

"I can't, but…" Rin cut off her sentence as she turned her head towards a certain car.

"A Porsche?! What? Are you insane?! Who's car is that?!" Sango shrieked. Suddenly a tall figure stepped in front of the trio.

"Need a lift?" Sango would have fainted if it wasn't for the sun blaring in her eyes.

"Sango, I don't believe you've met my…friend. His name's-"

"The name's Miroku, nice to meet you Sango." He said with a smirk.

"Mir?" Sango said breathlessly. `How did Kagome…Rin? How did they get Miroku to…man, look at those abs…his muscle shirt really shows those…well…' Sango thought.

"So, how about it Sango, want a ride?" Miroku asked, still smirking.

"We do!" Kagome and Rin said in unison. They hurriedly jumped in the back seats. Kagome put her backpack in the extra seat forcing Sango to sit in the front seat. Sango shakily opened the front door and carefully slid in. Miroku hopped over the closed door and landed softly in his seat.

"Ready girls?" Miroku said as he put on very expensive looking sun-glasses.

"Oh yeah!" Rin chimed.

Kagome chirped.

"Sango?" Miroku said as he watched the girl sitting next to him blush uncontrollably.

"yes." Sango squeaked as Miroku revved his engine and peeled out of the student parking lot onto the street. Kagome and Rin chatted among themselves leaving Miroku and Sango to themselves, with nothing but the wind passing through their hair to accompany them. Sango was fumbling with her seatbelt as Miroku kept looking away from Sango otherwise he'd just blush.

`Why can't I talk to her? I've talked to thousands of girls before…What's wrong with me?' Miroku thought to himself.

`Why can't I talk to him? I've talked to lots of guys before…well, if you count my dog, and maybe my dad…' Sango thought to herself.

"And he wouldn't shut up! You know what I mean?" Kagome yelled at Rin.

"What?!" Rin yelled back at a frightened Kagome. "Hey, Miroku? My stop is kind of close, so, yeah." Rin couldn't even hear herself think the wind was so loud.

"Why are you yelling?" Miroku said in a very quiet voice.

"What?!" Rin yelled.

"Geez Rin? Can't you hear him?" Sango said also quietly. She turned to Miroku, "I swear she's deaf." Sango snapped her mouth shut. `Did I just…talk to him?' Sango whipped around so Miroku couldn't see any part of her face, it was too red to even tell it was a face. Sango was so busy trying to look away, that she didn't see that Miroku was blushing himself.

`Why am I so embarrassed, oh, that's right…I wonder if I'm really falling for her.' Miroku tried to figure out everything while still keeping his eye on the road.

"Okay, my house is right near here." Rin yelled at Miroku.

"All right." Miroku smoothly pulled into Rin's driveway. Kagome jumped out of the backseat. She landed on th driveway and began to strech.

"Is it just me, or did that car ride seem, very long?" Kagome said to no one.

"I agree." Rin said totally ignoring Sango and Miroku. "Thanks again Miroku, for the ride."

"No problem." Miroku said.

"Comin' Sango?" Rin asked the hiding girl.

"Um, yeah, I guess-" Sango was cut off by none other than Miroku.

"She'll be right in." Miroku cut in.

"Okayyyy." Rin said teasingly. Both girls giggled as they entered the house. Sango was more scared then ever, Rin and Kagome her two best friends left her alone with Miroku, the guy Sango had a crush on since…ever. Miroku turned around to face Sango. Sango took her face out of the seat and looked up to Miroku. Miroku breathed in heavily. Sango let out a breath that she didn't know she was even holding.

"So, how's it goin'? Miroku asked trying to get the girl to say something.

"O-Okay, I guess." Sango replied shakily. She sounded too nervous, she had to be strong. Maybe he'll ask her to the dance…Nah.

"That's good, good." Miroku looked up at the sky. `how am I going to say this…' Miroku thought to himself. "So, Sango, um, are you going to the dance?"

"Kagome! I think he just asked her to the dance! "Rin squealed from inside the house to Kagome.

"Shh! Don't let them hear you! Here, I got the popcorn." Kagome walked over to join her friend by the window.

`I can't believe he's asking me!' Sango thought to herself. `I was just kidding when I said that earlier! Oh…what do I say?'

"Do you want to go with…"Miroku said quickly, but got cuff off by…

"Yes!" Sango replied loudly.

"oh, okay! I guess, I'll pick you up at um, 7?" Miroku asked happily.

"Sure." Sango was trying to be quieter, she had a feeling her friends were probably listening to them. Sango quickly got out of Miroku's car and stood about a foot into the driveway. "See you at 7!" She called happily.

"Seven!" Miroku called back as he zoomed down the street. Sango couldn't help but squeal!

"Weeee!!! I got a daaate, I got a daaate!" Sango ran inside to tell her friends. "Guys! You wouldn't believe this!"

"Try us." Rin and Kagome were standing right by the door as Sango ran in.

"We need to get you ready for tonight." Kagome stated. "What were you planning to wear?"

"Well, I was thinking of wearing my black jeans an-"

"Jeans? I don't think so." Rin chirped.

"Well, what do you suggest?" Sango asked pleadingly.

Kagome and Rin just smiled as widely as they could and said, "We've got a few ideas…"

"I don't think I'm going to like this…"

%%%%%%%%

Gosh! I'm so close to the plan! AHHHHH!!! Wait, I shouldn't be mad, you should be mad!! Bwahhaha!!! Okay, I'm sorry, I swear, next chapter,

Inuyasha

And the great plan

And maybe some Rin and Sesshomaru fluff…I just don't know, I'm still trying to think of a title for another fic, though I know I should be working on this fic, but I can't help it!! I can't wait to get my other fic out! You'll love it. I know you!! I know where you live!! Just kidding…but the other fic, it sounds like a kik/inu and kog/kag, but it's not, it's tricky!! Man, I'm evil…hey! It's not so bad not being able to get reviews, now you can't be mean to me! *runs away laughing maniacally*