InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness tells ❯ So close, yet so far ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: hewo! It's me!! Chapter 3? Or 4? I just don't know because it's come so far!! (Pulls out Kleenex) PPPPPHHHHHHHFFFFFTTTTTT!!! What? Didn't you ever hear someone blow their nose before? Shut up. So anyways here's your chapter cuz I know you're dying to read it. Can you say `sarcasm'? (Sigh) just read it and please, (can I stress the word please) review!! (Please?) Oh! And sorry I haven't updated in, um, forever? Hehe…why do look like you're gonna kill me? (Yes, I'm aware I'm talking to myself…)

So close, yet so far

"So Kagome!! What is your big secret?" Rin asked with a suggesting look on her face.

"Shhhh!! Do you want the whole school to hear?!" Kagome whispered angrily at her dumbfounded friend.

"Okay! Say it, don't spray it!!" Rin scoffed jokingly.

"I said shhh!!" Kagome once again said.

"And I said don't spray it!!" Rin yelled back. Kagome lowered her face so her bangs covered the top of her face. Kagome was serious when she did this.

"K-Kagome? I-I I'm sorry. I won't t-talk loud. P-please don't hurt me!!" Rin was trembling.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, yet." Kagome said trying not to laugh.

"What's up with you now?" Rin was really annoyed.

"Nothing." Kagome said plainly.

"Okay so anyways what's your big plan with Miroku and Sango? Are we gonna make `em kiss and… and" Rin was in the middle of a kissy face when she noticed Kagome was holding back laughs.

"Um, pardon me for asking, but did you say Miroku?" A voice from right behind Rin said. Rin could barely believe it.

"Kagome, you're dead." Rin said very quietly so the person behind her couldn't hear. "Hi!" Rin exclaimed really loudly. There behind her in what seemed like a blaze of true light stood a guy named Sesshomaru. (Insert Angelic Choir here)

"As I was saying, what were you saying?" Sesshomaru seemed very puzzled as he heard Rin say something about his friend Miroku.

"Um," If she was gonna try out for drama, she better practice now, "I was talking about my poor dogs they, um, need to have puppies!! Yeah puppies because there a rare breed and, um so, I, their names are uh...Fluffy and Miroku!! And, I was talking with Kagome about because her mother has dogs and, Miroku…"

"I have a friend named Miroku. I'll have to tell him." Sesshomaru said with what seemed like a small smile.

"Yeah! Bye! Have a nice night! Um, bye! Yeah…" She was definitely flustered.

"Kagome?" Rin said shakily. Kagome wasn't to be seen. "Kagooomeeeee??" Rin's hand's were balled into tight fists. "Don't be afraid. I won't HURT YOU!!!" Rin looked in a bathroom stall. No Kagome. "Honestly, you can trust me, I am just curious." Rin was getting sick of this." "You little..." She whispered under her breath.

"Don't look in the boys' bathroom; don't look in the boys' bathroom!" Kagome thought as she scrambled to get onto a toilet seat so Rin wouldn't see her feet under the stall door.

"Hmmm…should I ?" Rin thought to herself. Rin walked quietly into the boys' bathroom.

"AHHH!!!! A girl!!!!" A boy yelled as he sped past Rin.

"Idiot." Rin mumbled under her breath. "Let's see." Rin walked towards the first stall. She kicked open the first stall. "Ah. You do have a brain." Rin walked to the next stall.

"If I make a break for it now, she'll catch me! But if I don't she'll definitely get me! Okay, that's a chance I'm gonna have to take. I'm going to run!!" Kagome thought to herself. "Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" Kagome screamed as she ran for the door.

"Oh no you-" Rin jumped with super speed at Kagome.

-*-

"So, what were you saying about Sango and Miroku?" Rin was certainly happy.

"Shut up." Kagome managed to say out of her almost toothless mouth. "Uh-oh! I gotta go!"

"Why? You still haven't told me your great plan." Rin said very sarcastically.

"I know! I know! It will be great, but i...uh...have to pick Souta up from school! Bye!!" Kagome said between strides.

"Wait! I'll call you!!" Rin yelled from the school's front gate.

"I can't believe I totally spaced! Mom's gonna kill me!!" Kagome thought as she raced past a kid on a bike.

Kagome finally saw Souta's school come into view. She saw kids flooding out of the front gate. She squeezed through the crowd, scanning every kid trying to recognize her brother's face.

"There he is! Souta!! Souta!!" Kagome tried to yell over the kids buzzing.

"Why isn't he listening to me? I know! I'll scare him by picking him up! He'll think I'm a kidnapper!" Kagome thought to herself as she crawled towards her unsuspecting brother.

"Kagome moves in for the kill and…she pounces!!" Kagome jumped for her brother and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"HELP!! I'M BEING STOLED!!" The little boy screeched as Kagome grabbed him.

Kagome just laughed and put him back down.

"Don't be such a stupid-head Sou-" Kagome's laughter turned to shock. That kid wasn't Souta. "Um, hi little boy, I thought you were…"

"MOMMY!! WAHHHH!!!!" the little `Souta' ran straight out the gate. All the kids were now facing Kagome.

"She made Bobby cry!" One kid shouted.

"Who is she anyway?!" Another girl chirped.

One kid was pulling on her skirt. "And what is she wearing?"

"Uh, it's okay little kids." Kagome had to think quickly. "Uh...uh...ICE CREAM MAN!!"

As the kids flew past Kagome she ran off the campus. "Stupid kids…hehe."

"Now, where is Souta?" Kagome continued to search the empty school until she swore the squirrels were talking to her. "I am sooo not finding him." Kagome sighed and fell to the cold ground. "That stupid Souta…" Kagome decided to get up and walk down to the now dark and empty street. "Maybe I can hitchhike." Kagome mumbled as she turned for the street. Somehow, she lost her footing and went flying towards the curb. She instantly threw her hands in front of her face and braced herself for the cement fall she knew she was gonna regret. Suddenly a hand flew out in front of her and broke her fall. She felt the same hand grab the back of her shirt and hoist her back up to the sidewalk.

"Who..." Kagome said stunned.

"Better watch out! These curbs are pretty bumpy." It looked like a boy, or a girl. She really couldn't tell in this light. Wait a minute. She recognized that face.

-*-

Okay, that's all you get. Wait…I got another idea!!! (Runs down the street away from angry kimmy)

-*-

"Hojo?!" Kagome blurted out as she dusted of her skirt, though dusting it won't help considering that it was more muddy than dusty.

"Yeah! Who'd you think I was? The boogey-man?" Hojo said in a shaky voice. He looked pretty flustered, more than Kagome. He still tried to sound confident.

"Well, actually I thought you were Inu… nevermind! What are you doing here?" Kagome yelled at the poor boy.

"Well, actually, I should be asking you that question! It's 7:00! And why are you at this elementary school?" Hojo asked with a more concerned face.

"Um, I was looking for my brother... I hope he's okay! Souta!!"

"Higurashi, it's okay, I'll take you home, c'mon. Let's go." Hojo gently held Kagome's arm. They walked side by side until they reached Kagome's house. Kagome didn't really feel too comfortable that close to Hojo, so she asked him if he would, you know, back up a little. He was a real gentleman and did just that.

"Okay, here's my house. Thank you Hojo for walking me home!" Kagome said to Hojo.

"It's all right Higurashi! Just be more careful at night, okay? See ya tomorrow!" Hojo called from the street.

"Bye!" What time is it? Kagome needed a clock.

"Kagome!! There you are! What have you been up to?! Come inside! You look freezing!"

"Dad? DAD!" Kagome ran to the house.

-*-

"Well, I'm glad you walked home with Hojo rather than by yourself, but you should've picked up your brother! That way he wouldn't have had to go to your grandfather's house and staying there all night `till now, it's already 9:00! You're lucky I got home in time to pick up your brother and further more!"

*Kagome space out time*

Stupid Souta shouldn't have…I should…Oh…never mind…I need a drink. Jeeves? I need a martini vodka, shaken, not stirred. Hehe...I remember when me and Rin and Sango-Rin!!

*End Kagome space out time*

"Dad?! I need to go! I understand I feel real bad about not picking up Souta or calling! Bye!" Kagome ran down the hallway to her room and slammed the door.

"Souta? I was talking about your hamster!" Kagome's dad yelled down the hallway but gave up and went to go take an Aspirin.

-*-

A/N: That should be enough to tide you over for a while; meanwhile, I gotta go to the bathroom!! (No, more super-sized sodas for me!) So, please tell me what ya think! We're so close to the unveiling of the glorious Sango and Miroku plan, so, hold onto your pee-er, I mean…nevermind!!

BATHROOM!!