InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness tells ❯ The Curse ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: hello hello hello! Sorry I haven't updated in a while…anyhoo, I guess I'll give you guys what you've been waiting for (I think). So, here ya go!! Review!! Party on!

The Curse

"Huh…wha…" was all I could manage to get out.

"I said…uh…never mind." The voice, that seemed to be coming from nowhere, said.

"Who…what are you doing in my backyard?!" I screamed finally realizing what was going on.

"Your backyard?

"Yeah my backyard! Who are you?" I shrieked.

"Well, I don't see your name anywhere."

"How would you know my name?! Are you a stalker or something?! I have my cell…my…cell…" `I don't have my cell phone! I thought to myself. `It won't know though. I can't let it know.'

"What are you talking about?" It said this time flatly.

"I can the police you know! Who are you?!"

"What's the `po-leec'?" It said very quietly as though deep in thought.

"Seriously! Who are you, what are you doing in my backyard and what are you trying to pull here?" I said very firmly. I liked how strong I sounded. I sounded as if I could beat it up if I had to.

"Okay! Calm down! If you honestly need to know, my name is Inuyasha, and this is not your backyard, it's not your property, so you can get your weak little butt outta here unless you want to feel the caress of my claws." (How could I resist?)

I now saw by the light of the moon that I was talking to a boy, around 15-16, and he wasn't that bad looking…AHHH!! `Snap out of it Kagome!' I shrieked in my head.

`Okay, so there's a boy in my back yard an-`

"AHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"OWWW!!! MY EARS!!!" Inuyasha yelled, very annoyed.

"What is wrong with you?!" He yelled once more.

I just realized I was floating in mid-air. There were clouds surrounding me until I screamed. I went tumbling towards the ground.

"Aiiiiiiiieeeeeeee!!" I wailed as I went in hurdling down.

"huh?" I gasped out. I looked up to meet Inuyasha's eyes right by mine.

"Are you okay?" He managed to say.

"Um...yeah, I think so." I said a little embarrassed. He hoisted me up onto the tree branch he was perched on.

"We're so high up." I said shakily. What can I say? I was scared!

"So what of it?" Inuyasha spat out. I forgot.

"So, you! Where'dya come from? Popping into trees, little blazes of light, and silver hair…what are you?" I yelled impatiently. He sighed really loudly.

"I am a hanyou. I came from feudal Japan. I am trapped here in this forest under a spell by the priestess Kikyo. I led you into the forest mistaking you for Kikyo. Are you listening to me?!"

"Huh? Oh…yeah! I was just…" I stopped playing with his doglike ears and sat back down. How could you resist? "Go on!" I said sheepishly. He just sighed really loudly again and turned away.

"Um, hanyou as in…" I said in a very confused tone.

"(Sigh) a hanyou as in a half-demon!" Inuyasha said as though he thought this conversation got really boring.

"Oh, a hanyou, right." Did grampa ever mention anything about those? I haven't seen him in ages! All I know is that he gave me lots of money for my birthday and-

"Um, are you listening to me?" Inuyasha said once again.

"Yeah, yeah!! I.. was just.. um…I.." I cut myself off because I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"Whoa! I'm sorry!" I blurted out.

"Sorry about what? I just got a leaf in my eye! Ow…" he said very unnerved.

"Oh, so you…were saying?" I said trying to lighten the mood.

"As I was saying, Kikyo put me under a spell a geis if you will. I have to stay in these woods during the night. I can do whatever I please in the day, but the forest always calls me back. I was a trouble maker in my village. I always was the one to blame. One time I went too far and lost the Shikon No tama, the jewel of four souls. It got into the wrong hands and it ended up split into a million pieces. Kikyo then placed me here inside this miko-shielded forest all alone at night. I can go anywhere in the day and do what ever I want, but at night, the woods call me back. I get dragged from wherever I was. I don't need water, or even air. I can't be killed because I'm just brought back here before I die. It's actually horrible."

I was speechless. A boy from "Feudal Japan" is in my backyard and is stuck here forever?

"So, who are you?" he said a little tiredly.

"Um," I was cut off by a bright light blinding my eyes.

"Hey!" Was all I could say as I felt a swift wind blow by me.

"Finally!!" Inuyasha exclaimed as I opened my eyes to see him on the ground stretching as though he was tied in knots all night.

"What're doing?!" I yelled as he started to walk away.

"I `m going for a walk!" He exclaimed so excitedly that I didn't know if he was a 15-year old or a little boy at a birthday party.

"What about me?!" I shrieked as I fell from the very high tree branch.

"Ow.." I mumbled through the dirt. Stupid kid! Was he really who he said he was? Or is he fake? Where'd he go? I walked solemnly back to the gate deep in thought. I her a loud bell ringing through my ears.

"School!!!!!" Was all I could say as I ran inside to change out of my pajamas.

As me and my brother walked to school he asked where I was last night.

"Why do think I was outside?" I said trying to cover my red face.

"Well, I couldn't sleep because ...well…I was scared." He said sheepishly.

"I was in the kitchen!" I exclaimed trying not to let him know about Inuyasha.

"No you weren't! I went in there and you were so not there!!" He yelled. Now people were staring.

"um, Souta be quite! I don't know what you're talking about!" I whispered.

"Sure Kagome! I bet you were out with that Hojo boy I know you.." I didn't let him finish. I was at my school."

"Bye Souta! Have fun at school!!" you little brat. I thought to myself.

-*-

"Kagome! Do you have any idea what time it is?! It's already 6:25!! Sango said with a very perplexed look on her face. I am always on time for school and I've never been late. I always get here at 6:00 sharp even though school doesn't start until 6:30, but I can't help wanting to come early.

"Yeah Kagome! I think you're getting outta touch!"

"Shut up Rin!" I said playfully.

"Make me! C'mon! I dare ya!" She said between grunts.

"Bring it on anytime!" I yelled as I tackled her and thrust my hands at her stomach.

"Tickle fight!!" Rin yelled.

"Stop it you two!! It's embarrassing!" Sango said turning several shades of red,

"Okayyyyy….." Me and Rin said brushing the dirt off our shirts. We always do that, just for fun of course. But I think Sango doesn't find it fun, she only turns red because usually that Miroku guy from B class is always around. She always looks at him and when he looks back, she starts talking to me casually as if nothing was going on.

-*-

"Hey Sango?" I said to her while Mr.Bosquette wasn't looking.

"Um, yeah?" She said in an innocent tone like she always does when she's hiding something. Be it my pencil or a secret, I always cave her in.

"You know that, Miroku guy?" I said in a sweet tone. This always gets her.

"What?!" She said as her face grew redder and redder. Rin leaned over and asked me what's up with her?

"I know who she likes!!" I whispered quietly.

"OOO!! Is it that Miroku boy?! I knew it!!" Rin whispered excitedly.

"Sango?"Mr. Bosquette asked.

"Um, yes?" Sango said in a sigh of relief. `I'm saved!' I heard her mumble.

"Would you please walk us through problem 23?" He said in a flat tone.

"Sure! The formula is a+b=c times the quantity of…"

"Rin!" I whispered while Sango showed of her intelligence.

"What?" Rin whispered back.

"What do you say we have a little fun with S + M?" I whispered with an evil grin.

"You mean Mr. and Mrs. Miroku?" Rin whispered joining my evil grin.

-*-

A/N: Sorry!! Another cliff-hanger! But, hey! I gave you a long chapter, right? So please review! I've had a lot of visits but barely any reviews! So, I fit in Rin, Sango and Miroku!

By the way, I made Rin older in this fic because it wouldn't be fun with a young Rin running around. So, please review!! Have fun with this cliff-hanger!!