InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness tells ❯ The Lure ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: okay, second chapter. Can you handle it?! I can't! (j/k) So anyways here you go! OH yeah, please review! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I kinda have a life!

The Lure

Stupid Souta! God. All those people out there that want a little sibling bite your tongue! I still am steaming about that! I'm writing in my diary even tough it's twelve. I finally put my beloved book (with a broken lock) down.

Countdown, here comes my dog. He is this big Great Dane lookin' kinda thing. He is almost as big as me. Scary right? Not really. I have a pretty petite figure, so any mutt can outweigh me. I wanted to name him Spike, but my dad thought it would be cruel. He is sooooo dumb, too!! I mean you could throw a huge steak in front of his face and tell him to eat it and all he would do is lick your face and chew on a toy.

Eventually I got comfortable, and tired, and turned out the light. Oh, man! I shouldn't have eaten those gummy worms.

I kept tossing and turning, waking up my now annoyed dog sprawled out on the end of the bed. Why couldn't I sleep? I mean besides the fact that I ate a whole bag of candy, but still. I took some stomach relief medicine, and then tried fetidly to go back to sleep.

No use. I was already awake and restless. I took another glance at the medicine bottle. Of course right there in huge pink letters "Daytime". Great. Just great.

I was gonna be up for awhile so why not have a little fun? I decided since dad was out working late at the restaurant his wife out probably partying. I would tell dad that she goes out when he's not home, but you and I both know she will either deny it or he will defend her.

I tiptoed down the hall past the bathroom and Souta's room. Souta is such a deep sleeper, there could be s a gun-off right in the hallway and he could sleep right through it.

I found myself stumbling over one of Souta's little lego creations. He's made these things for as long as I can remember. He says they keep the bad guys out. Yeah right. They'd probably bend over and take them along with the rest of the stuff in the house including himself.

I was now wandering around the kitchen, nearly slipping on a piece of old pizza. I tried to feel for a chair, but was totally lost. I soon saw the moon beaming through the glass sliding door. I used it as my flashlight. I realized that I was standing right next to the chair. Embarrassing enough, I then fell off the chair and land right on my butt facing the window. Did I just see what I think I saw? No, it's probably just the medicine. I'm gonna read the bottle again just to make sure there were no drugs in it. Okay no drugs, at least unless corn syrup is a drug.

Ahhhh!! There it is again! Okay, no more looking out the door, I'm going out. Wait! What if it is a burglar? No, he wasn't wearing black. His hair was showing. But, normal people don't have silver hair.

"Enough standing around!" I yelled out. I then realized where I was and what time it was. But I have no worries about Souta. Still, now I really want to go out there. I thought it over a few times and decided to take something to protect myself with me. It also wouldn't be smart to go out without shoes. I mean, it's possible it is a robber, so in case I need to run, shoes would be kinda useful.

The Sliding glass door was a little stickier than usual so I had a hard time opening it without swearing.

"Okay, I'm outside in the middle of the night." I thought while silently humming the tune of twinkle, twinkle little star. Of course I couldn't think of a more mature song at the time. Suddenly I found myself face to face with…

My heart skipped a beat until I realized, it was only the fence. I kicked in frustration only to leave me with a hurt foot. I felt for the fence door but only got a few splinters.

"God damn it." I mumbled under my breath. Why didn't I bring a flashlight?

Almost immediately after that thought crossed my mind, a bright, almost unreal light sparked on the ground. Without control of my feet I scuffed to the light only to make the light move further and further, until it stopped in its tracks and shone even brighter. I was caught in such a trance I didn't realize I was standing a breath away from the fence gate.

"What the…" I opened the door and saw the never ending darkness before me. It would take me forever to have my eyes adjust to the dark. Thankfully, and strangely, the little blaze on the ground slid across my path and floated on through the dark woods.

Standing there is awe and fright I forgot all about the dark and yelled to the blaze "Wait!" Great I'm crazy. I talked to a figment of my imagination. That's all it is, right?

-*-

All I could see was the little light floating silently over the ground. There seemed to be almost no rocks or anything on the ground, just a few patches of holes every once in a while. Once again I started humming, but this time I hummed the little mermaid. Quickly I threw my hand over mouth, even though I wasn't singing out loud I still stopped humming. There was no sound, but the few cracks of twigs under my feet.

"Where am I going?" I said quietly in a kind of nervous tone. I felt like I was walking on the moon or something because I almost felt no ground underneath my feet at that moment. Before I fully understood it I was almost floating up or down, I really didn't know, all I knew was I wasn't on the ground anymore.

My eyes almost burned as the light of the moon glared in my eyes. It was a lot brighter than the little blaze. Speaking of which, the blaze was gone.

"Great, my only source of direction is gone." I said in a very weak voice.

"Oh I wouldn't quite say that."

-*-

A/N: Cliff hanger? Well yes and no. The glass is either have empty or full. Don't ask. So anyways who can guess who said that last remark? Anyone? Fine. Wait and see.