InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary ❯ Family Chat and Soccer Game ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We could only wish that we all owned Inuyasha and the others, but, sadly, they are all owned by their rightful owners
 
Dear Diary
 
Chapter 3 - Family Chat And The Soccer Game
 
 
“NO,” Mama said firmly across the table, “absolutely not. We are not moving to America.”
“Why not?” I ask yet again.
It was after dinner and Souta had already left for his soccer practise before his big game tonight, which we were all going to tonight. Mama, Gramps and myself were all still sitting at the table and I was trying to convince them to let us all go to America.
So far, Mama was being as stubborn as a bloody mule.
“Because we live in Japan,” she replied as she stood from her chair and began stacking dishes to take to the sink, “and we are a Japanese family. We are the shine protectors and you are a miko, maiden of the shine. We would not fit in to America. And we have our whole lives here. And jobs. And what about your singing?”
“Kaede has already said that it was fine,” I replied as calmly as I could while I tried to help with the dishes, “she says as long as I come back when I can and keep recording here, she is happy for me to leave. She understands that I need to do this.”
“What did you do to her to make her say that?” Mama says coldly to me.
“Nothing,” I reply in the exact same tone, “she was the one to fight off all the paparazzi that followed me from school. You have no idea what its like to be me. You don't have to put up with the paparazzi and media following your every move and making up shit about you. You don't have to worry about whom you are friends with and always question whether they want to be friends with the real you or the famous one. You don't have to put up with the zillion questions or `when is the next song coming out?' or `what does this song mean Kagome?' or `will you please give me your autograph?' or even the latest one that everyone bugs me about `can I do I duet with you.' You don't even give a shi-”
“That's enough,” Mama screamed at me as she put the last of the dishes in the sink and turns to me with a scowled on her face, “we are not going. You were the one to want all the media attention when you first started. You were always posing for the cameras and always being cute for them. We are not leaving. End of discussion. Now go get dressed for your brothers game, we will be leaving in about twenty minutes.”
I stand there for a few seconds and breath heavily through my nose. I was screaming at her in my head and I knew that if I opened my mouth it would be a lot worse than it already is. I turn away quickly and race up the stairs to my room, slamming the door behind me.
Sitting on my bed, I pulled my pillow to my chest and held it tight, biting into the top so I didn't scream or sob. I just stayed there, making no noise and doing nothing. Eventually, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and stopping just outside my door. A quick knock lets me know that it is Gramps, not Mama. I wipe the underside of my eyes and open the door, letting him in.
I go back to my bed silently as Gramps goes to my desk and opens the top draw, pulling out a necklace that had been handed down through out family for as long as Gramps could remember. He walks back over to me and clips it around my neck, standing back and looking over me.
“The Shikon no Tama,” he says as he sits beside me and stares at the wall opposite us, “has run through our family for as long as I can remember. It is our families' most prized treasure. It is tradition that each first born female of the family is to inherit it, and since your mother only has you, we have both agreed that it is not yours.”
I look at the necklace for a little before Gramps puts a pair of blue jeans and a pink top beside me.
“Wear there tonight,” he says as he walks to the door, “and leave me to talk to your mother about moving.”
I look at him with a surprised face until he leaves, then turning to the new clothes that he had just given me. They were beautiful. The jeans were a normal blue with silver threads through them, almost making them sparkle, and the top was beautiful. It was a light pink and sat flat across my chest, having sleeves that went down to my elbows, though non of the fabric even touched my shoulders.
I smiled at myself as I thought about how Gramps would have got these, and why. I slipped them on and pulled a silver scarf through the belt holes, tying it on the left side and letting the ends dangle down. I grabbed by pink sneakers and my blue denim jacket before I went downstairs. I tugged everything on and jumped in the car, waiting of Mama. Gramps was staying at home tonight because he didn't like soccer or cold.
Mama came out and started the car, neither of us saying a word the whole way to the soccer fields. I rolled my eyes as I watched Souta playing soccer in the grass, but he was the cleanest of all his team. All the other players were covered in mud, grass and sweat, and I could not help but snigger at him. Mama gave me the evil eye before she got out and walked over to the bleachers. Shaking my head to myself, I grabbed my bag that was at my feet and got out, walking over to the edge of the soccer field.
Souta saw me and called time out, and since he was the captain, everyone listened. They were all tired and it was easy to see. I smiled as Souta raced over to me and stared at me, waiting.
“What makes you think I have anything for you?” I ask him as his team slowly makes there way over.
“Cause you always do,” he replied with a slight shrug of his shoulders.
Shaking my head, I pull out a bundle out, give it to Souta and watch as his eyes go wide when he realises what is in there. His team were all trying to see what it was and were asking what did he get. His eyes look in mine as he pulls out some chocolate and a bottle of Mother (the energy drink). The whole team cheers when I start to hand out the rest, immediately eating and drinking so they can have the buzz. The coach shakes his head as us all and I offer him some with a small smile.
“Your not half bad for a famous person,” he comments as he takes some.
“I'm just here as a sister tonight,” I reply as I shake my head a little.
I sit on the ground and laugh along with the team as they eat and wait for the other team. At some point, Kohaku and Kaede arrived and went and sat with Mama in the bleachers. I looked up at them and noticed that Mama was red in the face and Kaede was trying to tell her something, Kohaku looking really bored with his head resting in his head. I smiled and waved for him to come down, and he slowly made his way down. Sitting between Souta and me, I give him some of my stuff, getting him to join in and laugh along with the team.
“You know that Nana Kaede is trying to convince Mama Higurashi for you all to move to America,” Kohaku whispered in my ear, “your Grandfather asked Kaede to try talking to her about it. She is completely set on staying in Japan for some reason.”
“The shrine,” I reply to him loud enough for Souta to hear too, “and she doesn't want to leave the people we have here.”
Souta opened his mouth to ask what we were talking about as the referee blew the whistle to signal the start of the game. The opponents were watching as Souta and his hyper team stood and went to the field in fashion. Some ran, some did cartwheels or walked on their hands. One just continued to do back flips until he reached the middle. Kohaku and I laughed as we watched Souta and his team beat the other team because they had so much energy.
By the end of the game, the buzz from all the sugars and stuff started to wear off. In the end, Souta's team, the `Wild Kids', (sorta suits them all) had beat the other team by at least ten goals, which meant that the coach owed the team a dinner at `Sizzlers'. The parents all agreed to do it tonight, so the parents got in their cars and began to drive to the restaurant, while all us children and the coach decided to walk. The coach invited Kohaku and Kaede because they came to most games to see Souta play and talk to me. Kaede drove with Mama, looking like she was still talking to her about moving, while Kohaku came with us.
Most the children on the team dragged along siblings, some older, some younger. We laughed and giggled most of the way, until the media decided they wished to interfere again. Three different vans arrived from nowhere and out pored journalists, cameramen, and men with recorders, photographers. You name it, it was probably there. I scolded them when they began getting to close.
But I was surprised when Souta's team and coach stood in front of me and wouldn't let them near me. Kohaku held me tightly to his back while the coach told the media to bugger off.
The rest of the night passed without much happening. The media left when they realised that they were getting nowhere near me with all the people that were around me. Kaede winked at me before we left for home, and I smiled brightly at her, bowing in respect. Souta said good night to most of the people there and we head off.
“Maybe America would be a good place,” Mama says as we reached the driveway, “especially for you.”
 
 
I know, I know. Long chapter that basically goes on about nothing. Well it was originally better, in my mind, though it just doesn't transition well to desktop. Oh well. Next chapter will skip about two weeks, and they are on the plane to there new house.
Chapter 4 - Can I Have Some Normal Now?