InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Diary ❯ Flashbacks ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We could only wish that we all owned Inuyasha and the others, but, sadly, they are all owned by their rightful owners. I do own Derek, Dan & Melissa (Inuyasha's girlfriend) though.
 
Dear Diary
 
Chapter 23 - Flashbacks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey guys…
Kagome and the others are all back at school now. Inuyasha got back to America (don't ask me how cause I still haven't figured that part out), but he is staying right away from the rest of his friends. They are all confused with him and weary to leave Kagome by herself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kagome's POV
 
After that fun weekend in Japan, all the guys were seriously weary to leave me alone. Too many things could go wrong.
They wouldn't let Inuyasha near me. They formed a circle around me whenever he came too close, never letting him get close enough to talk to me.
Every time I see him, my side aches.
I still can't figure out what happened that day.
I was just trying to help.
Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about it, remembering the look in his eyes that day. They haunted me at night, leaving me without sleep most nights. Mama had given up trying to find out what was wrong every night. I refused to tell her.
Something in me still felt the need to protect Inuyasha.
Something inside me still ached to be at his side.
Quickly glancing over at my clock and realising that I still had a few hours to try sleeping, I let myself think about what happened that day, trying to figure out where I went wrong.
 
*Flashback*
 
I woke as Dan laid me on my bed, looking around to see both Rin and Sango with me in the room. They both look relieved as I sat up, smiling to Dan as he left. Both of them were trying to question me as I sat there and stayed smiling, not wanting either of them to worry.
It wasn't till they both stiffened and I felt a huge wave of youkai energy roll over me that I began to worry.
Racing down the stairs, I knew that they were both right behind me. I was worried that the executive had followed us back, trying to get the Shikon jewel again.
Little did I know that it was way worse.
I stopped dead in my tracks as I listened to Inuyasha tell Kaede about being a hanyou. I listened as he trembled, as tears fell to the ground, unnoticed by the others that were now in the doorway behind me.
I made sure that I blocked it, worried about the others safety.
Inuyasha kept clenching and unclenching his fists, drawing blood. it was his youkai energy that had got my attention, being much stronger than I would have ever given him credit for.
He looked up and I gasped without realising.
Red strips had appeared on his cheeks, much like the ones that Sesshomaru had when he was revealed in the hospital when I got the jewel. His eyes were the same colour, almost like they were really bleeding. He snarled and turned to me, his fangs growing longer as he did. He took a look at me, smirking evilly before bounding at Sesshomaru and Kaede.
I cried out, focusing on protecting Kaede and Sesshomaru. A barrier appeared seconds before Inuyasha got to them, causing him to run into it and get thrown back slightly. He growled at it and began to slash at it with his claws, only causing more damage to himself.
Miroku was the first to notice what I was doing. He called out for me to stop as I ran outside, heading straight for Inuyasha. Even getting him to leave Kaede and Sesshomaru alone would be enough.
None of the others could get out. A barrier was around all others except for Inuyasha and myself. I needed to get him away from Sesshomaru so I could take that barrier down. But I needed to keep Kaede safe.
I called out for Inuyasha, trying to get his attention. When I realised that the plan wasn't working, I looked around for the biggest rock that I could see near my feet, picking it up and pegging it at his head.
I was shocked that it hit its target.
He wheeled around to face me, eyes drilling through me. I shivered involuntarily as he slowly came closer, though I never lost eye contact with him. He smirked as he came closer, waiting till his nose touched with mine.
Then there was pain.
Nothing but pain.
Excruciating pain.
I fell back and landed on the ground, gasping for breath. I grasped my side and instantly felt the blood oozing between my fingers. I rolled slightly to my side as I felt something pop inside me, listening to the roar of Sesshomaru as he ran at Inuyasha. His youkai was out now too.
I watched as Inuyasha stared down at me, a confused expression plastered on his face. One wheezing breath was all I could manage before Sesshomaru tackled him to the ground, Kaede and Miroku racing to my side.
I watched as Inuyasha realised that he had done this to me.
I watched as more tears escaped from their barriers.
I watched as he bucked Sesshomaru off, running towards the forests that were behind my house.
Then the next thing that I remember is that I woke in a bed, a bandage wrapped around my stomach.
Sitting up caused excruciating pain. Staying still did the same.
I couldn't escape the pain.
Then we came back home and mama was furious at Kaede and Sesshomaru for bringing me back like this. I begged them all not to tell mama about Inuyasha being the one to do this. I made them all swear that it was between us only.
 
*End Flashback*
 
It had been a week since taking them to Japan.
I don't think I was ever going to do that again.
It took me a while to realise that I, once again, had tears streaking down my face. Wiping them away quickly, I sat up slowly, not wanting to hurt myself again like every other morning. Slowly, I made my way over to my cupboard, looking through and planning what I was supposed to wear today.
The day before the Singstar competition.
Sighing, I grabbed out a pair of dark jeans, slowly putting them on before reaching into the cupboard again to get a top.
Red was the only colour that I had been wearing lately. Mainly so no one could see if my side started to bleed again. That was the thing that I was the weariest of.
I slowly made my way downstairs, grabbing my bag as I passed it. I didn't want to wake Souta or mama because I knew that they wouldn't like for me to leave the house without an escort.
That made me smile.
I hadn't had a moment alone since I came back home. Sesshomaru, Souta, Rin, Sango or Miroku were constantly at my side, never willing to leave it without having someone else there at that time. Souta had come to accept that the friends that I had were youkai and nothing would change that, accepting them for what they were.
And it was good.
Souta had bought one of his little friends home, eventually realising that he too was a youkai.
Shippo, a kitsue kit.
His tail was so cute. He could make fire come from his hands when he needed to and was learning to change forms, though he could never get them quite right.
Smiling, I grabbed some food from the cupboard, knowing that I should leave mama and Souta a note so they didn't worry too much about me.
I wrote that I was going for a walk, letting them know that I would be home after school that afternoon. I wrote to Souta that I would meet him at the front gate, pretty much after school finished. Sighing, I put the note under one of the magnets on the fridge, knowing that it would be one of the first places that they both looked.
I walked out the door, closing it softly and making sure it was still locked. I shivered a little from the cold, drawing my jacket closer to my body. It was just after sunrise and I knew that I would have only a few hours till school started.
I had missed the last few days of it and I couldn't risk taking anymore than I already had. It was bad enough that I had to do the fucking singing thing tomorrow.
Posters had been placed all around the school, telling everyone that I was coming. So many people were excited about it. Everyone knew the latest song of mine Unfaithful and most knew Right Back in the Water from that stupid TV special that was featuring me when I was in Japan.
But the really funny part was that people still didn't realise that it was me. I was thankful to Kikyo for picking out a picture that didn't look like me too much. Since she had been living with mama and me, she had become slightly nicer. She knew that I didn't want the people at school to realise who I was. And she was okay with them being left in the dark.
Then again, I guess that the guy that she had been seeing was making her happier as well.
She still wouldn't give me his name… but anyway.
I stopped at one of the corner stores and bought myself a black V energy drink, as well as a small sausage roll and a crunchie chocolate bar.
Then continued on my way.
I knew where I was going.
I didn't know why though.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey guys,
Pretty much this chapter is just letting you know what happened in the last chapter. It is a few days later and stuff but sozz I haven't been able to upload for ages. The school's Internet has crashed and its bugging every student. Lol
G2G.
R&R plz
Bloodthirstynekoyokiagirlxd