InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Life, I Quit ❯ Let Your Soul Carry You ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:…this is the last time I'm putting this up here….you all get the idea. Inu and Co=not mine. Tusaka=mine. Ne? lol ^^;
 
Kaori: Arigatou Shel for the e-mail. ^^ This chappie is for you!
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Dear Life, I Quit
 
Chapter 3 {Let Your Soul Carry You}
 
 
Kagome's eyes fluttered open, the sun was well up into the sky, and the smell of roasting fish met her nose. “Tusaka-kun?” The young miko sat up and looked to one side, the youkai was knelt in front of a fire with fish hanging off sticks all around it, and a flat rock in the middle of the flame with a thick blue substance sizzling on it.
 
“Ohayoo gozaimasu, Kagome-sama.” Tusaka said cheerfully. “Do fish and Cheeko eggs sound good for breakfast?”
 
“Hai, but what's a Cheeko?” Kagome asked as she crawled over next to her new friend. “Is it a bird?”
 
“Hai, it's a very small bird that lays very blue eggs.” Tusaka answered. “The blue lump right here on the rock is five of the eggs mashed together, it might no look very good, but it is actually real tasty.”
 
“Wai.” Kagome exclaimed. “I can't wait to try it.”
 
“I figured you needed a rest from cooking from what you told me last night.” Tusaka explained. “And sense you are the one who introduced different foods to your friends, I decided to introduce something different to you.”
 
“Arigatou.” Kagome said with a slight bow of her head.
 
“No thanks needed, Kagome-sama.”
 
Kagome smiled. “Tusaka-kun I thought I asked you to just call me Kagome.”
 
Tusaka grinned and looked into Kagome's brown orbs. “I have more respect for a miko such as yourself than to just call you `Kagome'. A lady of your stature should be used to it.”
 
“I only ever heard Miroku call me that.” Kagome sighed.
 
“Dare? The hentai monk?” Tusaka chuckled. “He must have a little respect jammed into that hentai mind of his.”
 
“He is a real caring person…” Kagome smiled. “He and Sango belong with one another!”
 
Tusaka laughed. “It's obvious that these are not the friends that drove you to run.” He handed the young miko a large green leaf with a fish and a piece of the Cheeko egg on it.
 
Kagome looked down at the food. “Inuyasha…”
 
Tusaka smiled solemnly and put his arm around her shoulder. “Hey, it's alright. He'll realize what he lost soon enough. If he doesn't he's a bigger baka than what you've told me he is.” He nuzzled her shoulder with his forehead. “Now eat up, Kagome-sama. We have a long road ahead of us today.” The youkai then rose to his feet and started to eat his share of breakfast while the fire died out.
 
~*~*~
 
Inuyasha's ears twitched; there was no sound or smell of Kagome left in the forest. He had lost any track of her at the mud pond in the forest near the camp; he had no idea where she had run off to after that.
 
“Dammit.” The hanyou sat down on a rock, he looked up at his companions and half snarled. “She could be anywhere right now. All I can smell here is some kind of a cat youkai, no Kagome.”
 
“Maybe the youkai snatched her up.” Sango said.
 
“No, if it had I'd be able to smell her.” Inuyasha said while gritting his teeth together.
 
“Maybe the cat youkai ate her.” Shippo suggested.
 
Inuyasha slammed his fist down on Shippo's head as hard as he could. “Baka, if I wanted your two cents I would have asked for it!” he growled. Inuyasha rested his chin in his hands. “I've really fucked up this time.”
 
“Duh.” Sango snapped.
 
“Inuyasha she maybe just gone back to her own time, you know how Kagome gets when she gets angry.” Miroku suggested.
 
Inuyasha shook his head. “I was already there this morning; her mom said that she never came back.” The hanyou sighed and closed his eyes. `I'm sorry Kagome…I'm sorry for all that I put you through…if I could take it back I would…”
 
~*~*~*~
 
“Tusaka-kun I don't think this is a good idea…” Kagome looked down into the deep gorge Tusaka had just jumped over. After they had eaten breakfast the two had ventured into the mountains in search of a town…instead they had found what appeared to be a bottomless ravine.
 
“Why not?” Tusaka asked as he watched the miko timidly look over the side of the gorge. “It's a piece of cake; I know you can make it.”
 
Kagome swallowed, she could picture herself disappearing into the darkness below her. “Tusaka-kun I can't…I won't make it.”
 
“Even if you don't make it you won't fall, I won't allow it.” Tusaka smiled and opened his arms. “I'll catch you before you even realize you were falling in the first place.” Kagome never budged. “Come on, have I done anything thus far to give you a reason not to trust me?”
 
“No…no you haven't.” Kagome slowly stepped back from the gorge; she closed her eyes when she was ready to run.
 
“Just let your soul carry you, Kagome-sama!” Tusaka yelled. “Trust in it to take you anywhere you wish to go!”
 
Kagome nodded and ran blindly towards the gorge; she didn't dare open her eyes. When she felt her foot on the edge of the rock she let out a cry and pushed off, making herself soar through the air. `Please let me make it…'
 
She left herself start to fall, but before she could let out a cry she felt Tusaka's arms wrap around her. “Hey! You made it.” The youkai said happily.
 
Kagome opened her eyes; she was on the other side of the gorge. “How did I do that?”
 
“You trusted yourself,” Tusaka said as he returned Kagome to her feet. “That's all you need to do in order to succeed.”
 
“Arigatou.” Kagome smiled.
 
“No problem, Kagome-sama.” Tusaka smiled. “Now, shall we head on?”
 
“Hai lets go, I'm sure there is a village around here somewhere.” Kagome said as she started walking.
 
Tusaka walked behind her, all the time thinking the same thing over. `That hanyou is a baka…to allow something to precious out of his grasp. If he can realize how much importance she holds in his life in time…the two may be able to patch things up.' The youkai sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. `For Kagome's sake I hope he comes to his senses soon.'
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
“She was here…” Inuyasha sniffed around the dead camp fire that was near a hot spring. “She's with that damn cat youkai.” He sniffed the air. “Their smell is all over the fuckin' place, I can't tell where they went.”
 
“Another dead end,” Sango sighed as she climbed down off Kirara's back. “This is getting nowhere fast.”
 
“Kagome and that youkai could be anywhere by now.” Miroku said, sitting by the spring.
 
“Ah, ye must be talking about the miko and that leopard.” A three-eyed toad hopped up from the water.
 
“You saw Kagome!?” Inuyasha whipped around and looked down at the toad.
 
“Hai, that young miko had the most beautiful breasts I've ever crawled upon.” The toad answered with a snicker. “Too bad she noticed me there and screamed, catching the attention of the damn leopard youkai.”
 
Inuyasha snarled and snatched the toad up by the throat. “I don't want to know your little hentai tales, toad. Just tell me where they went off to.”
 
“To the mountains,” the toad choked. “To see if they could come across a village anywhere up there…”
 
Miroku gasped, “Inuyasha those mountains are nothing but ravines filled with savage youkai that give off very poisonous miasma. If they make it through there Kagome will be barely alive.”
 
“NANI!?” Inuyasha roared before throwing the toad back into the pond and taking off across the field. `…Kagome you better be alright…I'm going to find you, slay that youkai, and take you back. Don't worry I'm coming for you!'
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kaori: AAAAAAAND I'm done for now ^^ Review