InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Life, I Quit ❯ Silent as the Dead ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: FINALLY! I'm back xD YAY ME! Gomen about taking so long though ;_;
 
 
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
 
Dear Life, I Quit
 
Chapter 10 {Silent as the Dead}
 
 
The sun was up for about three hours, giving Kagome enough time to wash and eat a helping of the breakfast rice Ishikibo had prepared for her. She couldn't get the shard out of her mind, she wanted to take it out, she really did, but the thoughts of dying before any help could take effect made her scared.
 
`I'll just leave it in until…I don't know…' Kagome sighed and kept hitting the back of her head on the wooden wall of the hut. `I'm so stupid…baka jan…' she closed her eyes and kept hitting her head, the pain seemed to calm her nerves a little bit…that was until Inuyasha entered the hut…
 
“What the hell are you doing?” the hanyou asked, cocking an eyebrow. “Your going to hurt yourself if you keep doing that.” He sat by her and put his hand on the back of her head to prevent her from bringing it back to the wall again.
 
Kagome turned her eyes towards the hanyou's face, he look a little bit too calm for the Inuyasha she had gotten to know over the years. She then remembered the incident that had made her run from home in the first place, seeing Kikyo's body shatter through her mind once more.
 
She looked deeper into the hanyou's eyes, now a little uneasy. “Inuyasha…”
 
“Kagome…you have no idea how worr-” a scream from outside cut Inuyasha off.
 
“Kagome-sama! Kagome-sama!” Ishikibo screamed from outside. “They're coming! They're coming!”
 
Kagome looked at Inuyasha as she stood up. “I…heh. Gomen, Inuyasha.” She then grabbed her bow and arrows and ran out of the hut.
 
When outside the miko could see a band of youkai racing towards the town; they were large rat-like creatures with thick purple fur and large yellow teeth. “Oh no…” she covered her mouth. “Ishikibo get all the villagers away from here, now!” The elderly woman nodded and went to gather up the villagers.
 
Kagome turned to Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and Tsuaka. “Guys…”
 
“We're way ahead of you, Kagome-chan.” Sango smiled as Inuyasha exited the hut.
 
Kagome turned to the hanyou and sighed. “Inuyasha…”
 
“This should be no problem at all,” Inuyasha said as he took out Tetsusaiga. “Just as long as you don't sense a jewel shard coming from them.”
 
Kagome felt numb, the only shard she could sense was the one in her shoulder, and with that one so close she won't be able to sense any others. “I don't sense any…” she said in a fake calm voice.
 
“Then lets do this!” Tusaka smirked as he took out this sword.
 
“Kagome-sama!” Ishikibo called. “We need help getting the villagers away!”
 
“I'll go…” Sango said hopping on Kirara's back. “We'll carry them away to somewhere safe.”
 
“Alright, Sango-chan.” Kagome nodded and smiled. “Good luck.”
 
Sango nodded and she and Kirara raced off with Ishikibo.
 
“Lets go!” Inuyasha yelled as he raced off towards the youkai, which were now almost on top of them.
 
They all ran behind him, Kagome could feel the power of her shard growing, making her run faster. `I got to slow down…' she thought, slowing her pace a little.
 
The two sides met, and the battle begun. Kagome knelt down and started taking out the youkai with her arrows. Tusaka and Inuyasha too the corners of the band of youkai, slashing through their hides easily with their swords. Miroku, using his wind tunnel, took out the ones that were trying to go around them to get to the village; and Shippo…Shippo was doing his best along side of Kagome with his foxfire.
 
Kagome had total control over what she was doing, her mind set on the beasts that were coming towards her…until when she was on her last arrow, she heard a voice that made her blood run cold.
 
“Kagome-chan!” Chitata hobbled up from behind, holding a bunch of arrows under her arm. “Kagome-chan I have some arrows for you!” The girl tripped up and ell to the ground.
 
Kagome dropped her bow and stood up, spinning around to face her. A large youkai was making its way towards Chitata, its mouth foaming and its eyes glowing a brilliant red. Chitata looked up from where she lay. “KAGOME-CHAN!” she screamed.
 
Kagome didn't have time to think, she ran to Chitata as fast as she could, her mind blank with fear. Just as she got in front of the girl, the youkai was on them; Kagome launched herself at the youkai, taking its long claws to her shoulder…the jewel popped out.
 
“NO!” Chitata screamed and put her head down sobbing as Kagome's blood splattered around her.
 
Inuyasha, Miroku, Shippo, and Tusaka turned their heads as the last of the youkai fell; as the youkai lifted Kagome off the ground, its claws through her shoulder, time stood still, and their blood ran cold.
 
“N-n-no…no….” Inuyasha shook his head. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” he charged for the youkai, his sword over his head. He let out another vicious roar as Tetsusaiga sliced through the youkai's body.
 
Kagome's limp body slid from the youkai's claws and she fell to the ground near Chitata, her eyes widened, and her mouth crooked open. Her bottom lip twitched before her eyes rolled back in her head and closed.
 
Inuyasha dropped Tetsusaiga and ran to her, he knelt beside her and held her in his lap, his whole body shaking. “Kagome…Kagome….” He stammered as he ran his hands through her hair, getting it out of her face. “No…no Kagome please…open your eyes…talk to me please….”
 
Miroku stood over them with a trembling Shippo on his shoulder while Tusaka picked up Chitata in his arms, squeezing her in a small hug. The neko's breathe trembled violently as he looked at Kagome, she didn't look alive…there was no signs…and all he could smell was the foulness of her blood.
 
“Kagome please…” Inuyasha begged as he put his forehead on hers. “Please Kagome…Kagome…” the miko's head fell back on his arm, and her mouth fell shut. The deadly silence that hung over the field at that moment was sickening…and neither of them would ever forget it for as long as they lived.
 
 
+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
 
Baka jan: what an idiot
Gomen: (I'm) sorry
 
~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~V~
 
Kaori: I know, I could have made this chapter longer and more detailed but…I wanted to get it up tonight for all you guys. O-o I would LOVE to have reviews for this chapter…and I'm sorry for the cliffy…