InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dear Life, I Quit ❯ No One's Fault ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaori: I don't really have anything to say right now…by the time I get this chapter done I'll have something to comment on. Enjoy.
 
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
 
Chapter 11{No One's Fault}
 
 
Inuyasha sat outside the hut in which Kagome was contained, her stared at the shard that sat before him on the ground. “She was using a shard…” he said blankly.
 
“She had no choice,” Miroku said. “You heard what Ishikibo was saying, it seemed that she was injured first when that rock exploded, she must have found a shard and used it to keep herself alive.”
 
Sango, Shippo, and Kirara sat quietly to one side of them, their fixed on the ground. Sango's face was red, and her eyes puffy, she had barely stopped crying since she had returned to the village to find Kagome in the state she was in.
 
All heads rose as Tusaka exited the hut, he moved his eyes to Inuyasha. “You see what you caused?”
 
“WHAT?!” Inuyasha jumped up and grabbed Tusaka by the collar. “YOU THINK I MEANT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!!??” his eyes held tears that he wouldn't let fall.
 
“All of this was caused by YOU in the beginning!” Tusaka shot back, he drew his sword and shoved Inuyasha away. “I should have made away with you when I had the chance!”
 
Inuyasha ripped Tetsusaiga from its sheath. “Come on then you bastard! I'll tear you to pieces!”
 
By this time the others were to their feet. “Stop this! Both of you!” Sango roared angrily, wild tears rolling down her face. “STOP IT!” Her pleas went unnoticed as Tusaka and Inuyasha fought, sparks flying from their sword blades as they clashed together.
 
“Inuyasha! Tusaka!” Miroku roared at them as he restrained Sango from running at them. Shippo cuddled into a now transformed Kirara, crying.
 
“Its all your fault!” Tusaka yelled as he sliced through Inuyasha's shoulder. “DAMN YOU!”
 
Inuyasha kicked Tusaka's legs out from in under him, knocking the neko on his back. The hanyou stood over him, his sword just inches from Tusaka's face. Fresh blood soaked the hanyou's kimono, but he didn't take notice.
 
“Don't you dare blame me for this…” he snarled. “I would never…”
 
“LIER!” Tusaka yelled at him. “YOU WERE THE ONE THAT SENT HER HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, HANYOU!”
 
At these words Inuyasha dropped his sword and stumbled backwards, his whole body hurt. `My fault…' he thought. The hanyou shook his head in anger and jumped on top of Tusaka and started to plow him in the face. “FUCK YOU! DAMN YOU TO HELL!” he roared as the sickening crunches that came from Tusaka's face met his ears. Every punch he blowed into the neko was bliss to him, but it was short lived, he soon found himself being dragged back by Sango and Miroku.
 
“Inuaysha…please stop…” Sango cried. “It's not going to help…please…stop…” the youkai slayer bowed her head into her hands and started to tremble.
 
Tusaka sat up, his mouth and nose bleeding down over his face. His chest heaved as he slid away from the hanyou, and used Kirara to help himself stand. “If there's nothing that can save her…I will kill you…I promise that…” with that, the neko walked away towards the river.
 
Inuyasha tried to get up, but received a blow to the skull from Sango. The youkai slayer stood and glared down at the hanyou. “HOW CAN YOU FIGHT WITH HIM?! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS NOW?!” she screamed, grabbing his collar. “Why now? Of all times! While Kagome-chan is in there…” she pointed a trembling finger towards the hut. “…in there alone, fighting to live. WHERE DID YOUR SENSES GO?!” she slapped Inuyasha a couple times before Miroku dragged her away from him.
 
“Come on Sango…I'm getting you to bed.” He picked the crying girl up in his arms, and then looked to Shippo and Kirara. “Come along you two…” the four of them left the scene, leaving Inuyasha alone with his thoughts.
 
The hanyou grabbed the shard off the ground and pocketed it, then stood up and turned to look at the hut door. He sighed and entered, his eyes trembled when they landed on the miko. She was covered up under a thick blanket, her arms out over it. He could see her shoulder bandaged up, and fomr what he could tell she wasn't wearing anything else under the blanket.
 
Inuyasha settled himself down next to her, propping himself up on the floor; his eyes landed on the purple flowers that Tusaka had left on the foot of the futon. He had nothing for her, it hadn't crossed his mind; he sighed to this and moved his eyes back to Kagome's pale face.
 
“Look at what I've caused…” he whispered as he took her hand in his, and ran the fingers of his other hand through her thick, black hair. “Kagome…I swear it…I'd do anything to have you back up and smiling again…just to see you look at me…in anger or in delight…would allow me to die a happy man.” He ran his hand down her cheek. “I just want to know that you're alright…” `I can't go on without you…' he thought sadly.
Inuyasha lay down on the futon next to Kagome, her hand still in his; he closed his eyes and squeezed her hand. When neither return squeeze could be felt he sighed to himself and drifted off to sleep, allowing a single tear to roll down his cheek.
 
X x x x x x x x x X
 
Tusaka sat looking out at the river, he was after washing the blood from his face and settling his nerves by listening to the calmly moving water. He had no right to accuse Inuyasha of being responsible for what had happened to Kagome…did he? He wasn't sure; it was the hanyou who drove her off towards this land in the first place…right?
 
`I'm a fool…I shouldn't have taken her this way in the first place…' he thought.
 
“…Tusaka-san?”
 
Tusaka turned around to see Chitata limping towards him, upon seeing her he stood up and walked over to her slowly. “Hai, Chitata?”
 
“Its my fault isn't it?” the cripple girl asked, her big teary eyes stared up at him. “Its my fault that Kagome-chan got hurt…” she started to sob softly.
 
“Oh, no, no…” Tusaka picked Chitata up in his arms and gave her a reassuring hug. “No, it's not your fault. You were only helping her…we couldn't help what happened.”
 
“But…but…” Chitata stared at him. “She was trying to save me and…if I didn't go out there…she'd be…she'd be…” she girl cuddled into Tusaka's shoulder and sobbed loudly.
 
What could he say? He patted the girl's head softly. “Listen, I promise you, it wasn't your fault…it wasn't anybodies fault. Kagome-sama would have done something to save anyone out there…no matter what. I bet you that she's just happy to know that you're safe.”
 
VVVV
 
Kagome felt someone near her…a hand over hers…who was it? She couldn't tell, and for some reason…her eyes wouldn't open. Was she dead? No, no this couldn't have been what death was like. It was too dark…too cold…too empty.
 
The person next to her moved slightly and squeezed her hand; she felt the claws digging into her skin…it was Inuyasha! With all her might the miko tried to return the squeeze, but she couldn't, her body wouldn't move for her. All she could do was breathe… everything else was blocked off from her control.
 
`He's lying with me…' she thought. `He's here…for me…' the miko could feel her body sob as the still darkness grew denser, she was now unable to think once again as a deep slumber toke over her mind.
 
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
 
Kaori: Weeeeell thankies for the reviews/emails. XD I'm currently working on a side project called “Forgotten Past” so keep an eye out for it, it will be posted…sometime within the next few days. Ja ne!