InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Death and Peace ❯ Chapter 7: Saviors ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: I know it’s been a while since this story was last updated, but please remember this story is not necessarily priority. I have so many stories going, but I will never leave a story discontinued. Anyway, I hope this longer chapter makes up for such a long absence. Enjoy!

*Death and Peace*

By: Kage Otome (Shadow Maiden)

Chapter 7: Saviors


The wind tossed his read mane around as his violet eyes, filled with a multitude of emotions closed. He didn’t want to do this, any of this. How could he? He once fought for the other side, protecting instead of destroying. How could he when he knew who fought on the other side---Kagome. It had been so long since he’d seen her beautiful face and easy smile. He could still taste her on his lips, feel her curled up against him. He wanted so much to go back to her but he wouldn’t leave Lirin. No---not when that’s why Kagome pushed him to Naraku in the first place, not when it’s why his entire goal was to get Lirin and return to Kagome.

First he had to find a way to get to Lirin.

And then---Then he’d return to the one woman to ever, who’d ever, hold his heart.

His Kagome, his hikari.

--------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome sighed. It seemed like a lifetime ago, she’d seen Miroku, being here in his arms brought up memories of her past. With Kougaiji. Her eyes misted with tears she wouldn’t let fall, there was so much pain. She loved him, with everything she was, with everything that made her Kagome--and it killed her to see him go, even when it was she who pushed him to do so. Inhaling deeply, she tried to reign in the emotions that tore through her body. She wanted nothing more then to cry out, lash out until she could do no more. Miroku glanced down at her with soft eyes, he wouldn’t pull anything perverse, not now when, she was in so much pain and his own eyes were full of tears. But the dead can’t cry. Holding her tightly to his body, he whispered softly into her ear.

“Let it out.”

“Let it go, you need to mourn, you need to feel. Holding what you feel inside won’t do you any good. Don’t be afraid to show how you really feel, Kagome.”


Kagome glanced up at her friend and the dam broke, she just couldn’t stop her tears from falling. Slowly at first, a steady trickle before, she began sobbing into his chest. She hadn’t mourned, not when she lost him, two years ago, not really, she was just---numb. Two years of pent up emotions, it was only a matter of time before she broke, only a matter of time before she finally let her mask drop. How she managed to hide this from her ‘friends’ was a mystery to him. But Kagome had if anything been very good at hiding her true feelings. She was always complicated, even as a child, a real challenge to figure out, and even if you figured something out, it only led to more questions.

She began beating her fists against his chest in a mixture of anger and pain, sorrow and regret. Oh how she wished...How she wished they were still together, standing side by side. He was the only one she opened up to, not even with Sanzo, Gojyo, Hakkai or Goku. She was true with him, she was herself. It was rare to gain her trust, and even more so for her to be completely and utterly open.

“It wasn’t fair...” Kagome sobbed at the injustice of it all.

“For once in my life, I was happy. And then fate goes and screws me again.”

She couldn’t stop the bitter words and tears that poured from her.

Miroku held her closer as her fists came to a stop, her tears drenching him. She was right, it wasn’t fair, it was almost as if fate purposely screwed with them both. Kougaiji had been a cold, vengeful demon before he’d met Kagome. And then he changed, for her. Because he came to care, because he fell in love.

He held her, until she fell limp in his arms, exhaustion taking it’s toll. Picking up her petite form he left the room. She needed to rest, after all emotions were a trying thing, especially in her case.

After all she spent most of her life hiding them.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

His eyes narrowed as he watched the monk hold her close to him. He knew it wasn’t a romantic relationship, not like it was with Sanzo. How he hated the man with a passion. He’d get what was coming to him. And then he’d claim her for his own. Years of watching her, wanting her---but she always over looked him, having eyes only for her job. And then he came---Kougaiji. They had started off as allies, then tentative friends, but it bloomed into something deeper. He couldn’t allow it to happen, so he took satisfaction in ‘watching Naraku’ rip them apart. Of course, then Sanzo came along. He had been so close...

Now they’d pay for taking her from him.

It didn’t matter that he’d never really had her, just that they’d pay.

No one knew that he had just used the name ‘Naraku’ because he had heard of his dastardly deeds, which began because of one woman, whom he obsessed over, she fell in love with another. The story of his life--how fitting. That’s what made it all the better, no one had known, no one had suspected it was him. Oh they had their suspicions. But Sesshoumaru and Kagome weren’t saying anything, after all, they couldn’t trust Reikai now, not with what they suspected. But Reikai kept things from them.

The lack of trust on both sides.

That was what would bring them down.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

Jakotsu snuck out of the room and quickly to where he’d last seen Kagome, he’d known her for a long time. Since they were children, he always watched her. She may not have known, but he watched her, all by herself, she was always such a lonely girl. That’s probably what drove his resolve to befriend the sad little girl, he couldn’t understand why she would choose to be alone. She didn’t. She just didn’t know how to be around other people. And that’s what made her all the more tragic.

She was something special.

People had shunned him because of his sexual orientation.

She was the only one who stood up for him. Even his own family shunned him. That’s what hurt the most. She offered him a place to stay, a place to call home. A person to call family. Bankotsu had made amends as well as Suikotsu, but the rest---they didn’t even try. Jakotsu didn’t need them, all he needed was her. She was his best friend, it didn’t matter that she was a woman--nor that his hatred of women stemmed from his mother.

Things had gotten so bad that at times he considered suicide. No matter if it was a sin. The pain, the name calling, the beatings, everything, it just made him want to give up. She came and she stood up for him, a part of her felt for him. Related, they were two misunderstood souls. But none of that mattered anymore. All that mattered was that she was there when he needed her.

She was his savior.

Now he’d be hers.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------

He entered the room silently, he barely even noticed Miroku sitting near the bed. He sat next to her on the bed, brushing a silky strand of hair from her face. Jakotsu’s brown eyes traced a path down her face, even in sleep her mask was in place--careful not to let anything in, and not to let anything out. But she always managed to put on a happy face, it was amazing.

“Your not alone Kagome, you have me...I’ll stick by you. No matter what.” Jakotsu whispered softly. “This time, I’ll be your savior...”

He never noticed the soft smile that broke across her face. Nor did he notice her eyes flutter open. He didn’t notice until she placed her hand on his cheek, softly. Lifting herself up on her left hand, she wrapped her arms around him.

“You don’t know how much that means to me...”

And he didn’t. He didn’t know the warm feeling it brought to her chest. It made her feel like she had family that actually cared. He would never know, Kougaiji had once whispered words very similar to that before. Smiling at Jak, she wasn’t pretending this time, no---this was a true smile. And it was beautiful.

“Thank you, Jak.”

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------
A/n : Okay everyone, what did you think? Yes, it has been awhile and I’m terribly sorry for not updating since...December...And well, there will be some action in the next chapter--I think. As for the parings, the final pairing has not been decided yet...Remember---Review!