InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Debt ❯ Debt ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Debt
 
 
 
She couldn't marry Miroku.
She hadn't told him yet about the bargain she had made with her heart for him. Foul as he was, Naraku hadn't resisted making a crack about it in front of everyone. They all suspected something. They didn't know - couldn't know - just how awful the truth really was.
But her companions wondered.
They wondered at her sad expression. They wondered why she couldn't look either the monk or Rin in the face. They wondered at the way Kohaku cast nervous glances towards his former protector while hovering possessively by her side - and at the way his glances were ignored.
One thing nobody wondered about was the fact that there was clearly something for the daiyoukai to ignore. The knowledge oozed through the air with the persistence of shouki, an insidious miasma that hovered over the village like a storm that was building towards a frightening climax. Even Inuyasha, still lingering beside the useless well, had sensed the electricity riding the air and had wondered.
She had asked for only a conditional reprieve, and those conditions had now been met. Yet, somehow, going to her death without explaining herself seemed like the act of a coward. She would not die that way.
So first she would explain about the debt she had racked up, the sin she had committed in the monk's name, and why she couldn't marry him. First, she would face Miroku.
And then she would face Sesshoumaru.
 
 
FIN.