InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Decisions of the Heart ❯ Emotions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Decisions of the Heart

Chapter One:

Emotions

Summary: Kagome accidentally injures Kikyo and Inuyasha tells her to leave forever, hatred alight in his eyes. Can they forget each other and resume "normal" lives or is their love too strong to be broken by something of the past?

WARNING: Kikyo lovers DO NOT READ! Plenty of Kikyo bashing in this story.

A/N: Hey! I just came up with a new idea for a hopefully GREAT fanfic. Now I know, I haven't finished any of my others stories, but it's a bad habit I have. But, I promise to TRY to update regularly.

Inu: Oh no! Here it goes again! She's putting us in another one of her stories!

Kag: Geez! Do you ever sleep?

Moon: Nope!

~*~

Spring. No other month was better to go shard hunting in. Warm breezes that blew through your hair, brilliant sunshine, splashes of color dotting the hills and valleys. . . Kagome sighed, tucking a piece of her ebony hair as she pedaled along on her bike.

"What are you so happy about?" Inuyasha, her hanyou companion grumbled, arms crossed defiantly across his chest, chin in the air.

"It's spring Inuyasha, isn't it beautiful?"

"No." Kagome sighed again, as her eyes fell on the little cluster of houses ahead.

"Oh, the village!" The silence broken yet again, everyone glanced up to see just what they were seeking for. A village to rest for the night, as it was nearing evening.

People glanced warily at the odd gang. Two youkai. One hanyou. Three humans. Just how did that happen?

"Humble people, would you be kind to direct us to a place to stay for the night?" Miroku asked, flashing everyone on of his charming smiles.

"T-To stay?"

"For the NIGHT?"

"Yes, if it is not too much to ask." An old woman pointed a wobbly finger towards large house, that easily out shadowed the small huts that surrounded it.

"The leaders of our village."

"May be kind enough to let you say."

"Yeah, MAY!" Inuyasha rumbled deep in his throat, but stopped with a warning glance from the group.

Miroku led the way, rapping the door five times. A small stooped man opened the door, in surprise, studying them hard through his mop of wispy gray hair.

"What is your business here?" he mumbled, wringing his hands.

"Just a place to stay at for the night. Do you have any spare rooms? I'm sure our lovely ladies would prefer a nice soft bed, to the hard ground of a campsite." Sango grumbled, trying to hide her blush, while Kagome looked on hopefully. She felt sweaty and dirty after pursing that demon earlier, though they did earn a nice reward, two shards of the Sacred Jewel.

The old man grinned, revealing he had only a handful of teeth.

"Of course!" He opened the big doors all the way and they walked in. The hallways were long, the doors were broad, and many merry bouts of laughter floated from somewhere in the grand hall. (Think of Hogwarts people, only more Japan medievaly. I love the power of fics! You can do whatever you want!)

"Sorry, we only have two spare rooms. We have many guests here tonight," the old man informed them, stumbling on and on through the corridors, until he stopped at the end of the hall.

"Girls, you can sleep to your left. Boys to your right. There are built in bathes and you can come for food whenever you like! That is fifteen doors to the left. Good night!"

"Thank you," every said appreciatively, all expect for Inuyasha, who snorted.

"Whatever."

"Inuyasha, you should be grateful for his hospitality!" Kagome barked, but turned heel when Sango tugged her, and Kiara who was currently perched on her shoulder, into the room.

"What was that all about?" she hissed.

"Miroku! He was about to touch me!" Sango cried, huffing as she slammed the huge doors shut, then locking them.

"Oh," Kagome giggled.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"NANI?"

"Look!" Kagome abruptly changed the subject, pointing to a little hot spring(kinda like a Jacuzzi) at the back of the room. She flung off her backpack, stripped herself of her clothes, and splashed into the water.

"My god Kagome, what's your problem?"

"I just felt so dirty!"

"Yeah, me too!" She peeled off her exterminator outfit and joined Kagome, sinking into the water, till she was up too her eyes.

"I could stay in here all night!" Kagome moaned, closing her eyes in pleasure. The bubbling water soothed her aching muscles and seemed to melt all the dirt off.

"I wonder what the boys are doing."

* * *

Sleeping. Knocked out sleep. Inuyasha was curled into a little ball, holding his Tetsusaiga(awwwwwwww! Kawaii!), Miroku sprawled out on the floor, Shippo on his stomach. (tee hee) All were snoring.

* * *

"I wanna stay!"

"Shippo, shut up!"

"Kagome. . ."

"SIT BOY!" Inuyasha fell face first, his prayer beads betraying him once again.

"You wench!"

"Sit! My name's Kagome."

"Whatever." He got up, and dusted off his clothes. "Stupid girl."

"I heard that!" Kagome called from the front of the lie.

"AH!" A large slap echoed throughout the forest. "Hentai!" Kagome rubbed her temples. This was gonna be a long day!

~*~

Having to settle for a campsite that night, after taking a long, relaxing bath, Kagome curled up with Shippo, Sango trying to ignore Miroku scooting ever closer to her, Inuyasha up in a tree, watching things below.

Suddenly, a scent hit his nose. Kikyo. She was close by. Making sure everyone was well asleep, he took off in pursuit of his love. He found her, sitting at the base of a large oak tree, her soul collectors swarming around her, filling the area with an eerie glow.

Not looking up to see him, she murmured, "Inuyasha."

"Kikyo."

"Why have you come for me Inuyasha?" Her soul collector dropped a couple of shining orbs into her body.

"I. . ."

"If you think you will win back my love. . .you have wasted your time, unless you are ready yet to go to hell with me, or is your quest with my little reincarnation more important?" Her words were made of pure venom. She still did not look up at his face.

"Kikyo. . .you are the most important thing in the world to me!" he cried fiercely. "I am ready, to go to hell whenever you are."

"What of your friends?"

"Friends?" he spat. "I don't have any."

"My reincarnation."

"She," he began. "She. . ."

"You are growing closer to her every day, I can sense it!"

"Kikyo. . .I'm not cheating on you. . .I mean. . ."

"Naraku. He is still alive. I thought you would have killed him by now. That was you're promise to me."

"Kikyo. . .he's gotten stronger, we keep searching for traces of his castle. . .but. . ."

"Excuses."

"But you did give him most of the jewel! You stole it from Kagome!"

"She did a poor job of protecting it. The theft was too easy, to prove my point. Besides, my plan, is to cast Naraku into oblivion!"

"And you plan to accomplish THAT by giving him the jewel!"

"I would not expect a half demon such as yourself you understand that." Inuyasha tensed.

"Kikyo, if I can be with you. . .I am responsible for your death. Now I am ready to go to hell with you!"

"Good."

~*~*

Kagome's eyes snapped open.

"Inuyasha." She rubbed her eyes foggy with sleep and jumped up.

"Inuyasha is gone!" This woke Sango and Miroku. They too roused, eyes darting everywhere, hoping for a glimpse of the hanyou.

"Where do you think he could have gone?" Kagome tilted her head to the sky, seeing the shimmering spheres whiz into a particular direction.

"Kikyo." Just saying the name made her eyes water. Of course, they had already established that Kagome was allowed to stay in The Warring States period, even though Inuyasha had chosen Kikyo over her, but it still stung, badly.

"You don't think so?"

"I know so. And knowing Inuyasha, he's probably ready to jump into hell with her." ~Poor Kagome~

"Miroku, stay with Shippo and Kirara. Come on Sango."

"But Kagome. . ." But her trembling back was already turned.

"Kagome? Why didn't you allow Miroku and Kirara to come? They could've helped."

"We'll both be less distracted without him, and Kirara would cause too much attention."

"Oh yeah." Kagome, hand curled around her bow, stopped in front of the scene and gasped in horror.

Inuyasha, was bent over, kissing Kikyo passionately, arms wrapped possessively. Behind them, a huge oval shaped portal, filled with shoots of flames. ~I won't cry! I won't!~ she said over and over again in her head. Sango looked over at her friend sadly, who was on the brink of tears. ~Stupid Inuyasha!~ she thought, squinting as she looked into the fire.

"Come Inuyasha," she took his hand, gripping it tightly. ~If this to be my fate. . . then I will embrace it strongly~ he thought grimly.

"Yes, Kikyo," he said, slightly dazed, sweat crawling down his face. The portal-this would be his last few moments in this world. His mind was blank of all thoughts as they neared it.

Suddenly, there was a huge blazing ball of light hurdling towards them, but Kikyo turned coolly, holding up a hand and catching the obstruction.

"An arrow," she said. "Foolish girl." Inuyasha looked up, to see Kagome looking sadly down at him. He didn't know if he wanted to be irate or extremely grateful. "You are my reincarnation! You cannot defeat me!"

But, the light started to glow with a passion again and it blew up in Kikyo's face. There was a shriek and when the beam dimmed. Souls were flying from her body as she started to fall, but Inuyasha caught her. ~That's right! Kikyo needs souls to live!~

"Kikyo! NO DON'T GO!" But, her soul collectors gracefully glided over to them and took the unconscious priestess from his arms.

"NO! KIKYO!" But she was gone. After staring blindly after her, he turned to Kagome, face contorted in rage. He sprinted over to her, jamming his face really close to her.

"YOU BITCH! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT DO KIKYO!"

"I didn't mean to hurt her. . . I just. . .I mean. . ." Tears were shimmering in her eyes.

"BUT YOU DID! YOU TOOK MOST OF HER SOULS! SHE COULD BE DEAD NOW!" Kagome trembled with fear, she had never seen such a powerful emotion in his eyes that was directed towards her-hatred. She bit back a yelp.

"I didn't want. . ."

"DIDN'T WANT WHAT?! AS YOU COULD PLAINLY SEE I WAS HAPPY RIGHT THERE TO KIKYO!"

"I didn't want you to leave us."

"WHY WOULD I CARE WHAT YOU WANT?"

"But. . . I thought. . .Inuyasha, it was an accident, I didn't mean to hit her. She took the arrow. . .I didn't mean for it to explode. . . I didn't want her souls. . ."

"YOU DON'T WANT THIS! YOU DIDN'T MEAN THAT? IS THERE ANYTHING YOU DO WANT?"

"For you. . .to be happy."

"I WAS HAPPY YOU IDIOT! I WAS HAPPY RIGHT THERE WITH KIKYO!" Inuyasha couldn't describe the feeling that burning in his body. She had HURT Kikyo. His beautiful, precious Kikyo! He was so close, so close to achieving his goal and Kagome had to go and mess it all up!"

"I know I'll never. . ." She gulped. It looked as if Inuyasha was going to strike her, but his eyes. . .they are what scared her most. She had never seen them like that before, when he was looking at her. Such rage, such hatred.

"NEVER WHAT?"

"Be. . .as good as Kikyo." Silent tears were now running down her face, her whole body quivering.

"DAMN RIGHT! YOU CAN'T EVEN SHOOT A DECENT ARROW, YOU CAN'T WALK WITHOUT TRIPPING, AND YOU DON'T LOOK HALF AS GOOD AS KIKYO!" Her bottom lip trembled as tears splashed from her eyes.

"I know it's my fault. . .but is that what you really think of me?" She couldn't bare to be there much longer. Inuyasha. Kagome knew she'd never be half the miko Kikyo was, because he made sure that was engrained in her mind every waking moment.

"YES IT IS! YOU KNOW WHAT! I DON'T NEED YOU ANYMORE! WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE AND DON'T EVEN BOTHER COMING BACK!"

Kagome ran. Ran faster than she ever had in the wake of a demon. Sango turned.

"KAGOME WAIT!" she yelled, then rounded on him. "INUYASHA YOU JERK!"

At that second Kagome didn't care of some demon came and snatched her up just then, she didn't care. Inuyasha hated her and he meant everything to her. Hadn't she made it clear that she would always be by him? Never hurt him? It was an accident. ~But it was my fault. I should have never tried to stop it. It is his fate to be with Kikyo. . .~ Realizing she was back at the campsite, Kagome borrowed Kirara and flew off into the horizon.

~*~*~*I'm sorry that was such a horrible, angsty, retarded chapter guys! If I get enough flames I won't continue. I think I made it a little TOO emotional. Sometimes. . .no. . .all the time I worry about my sanity. Please review and it would make this psycho happy! Later Days!*~*~*~