InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Decisions of the Heart ❯ Unrequited Love ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Decisions of the Heart

Chapter Two:

Unrequited Love

A/N: I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention this is the last chapter, but when Kagome shot the arrow, and Kikyo caught it, the gateway to hell closed. Sorry!

"INUYASHA IS SUCH A JERK!" a little disgruntled Kitsune whined. "How could he do that do Kagome?"

"I agree, it wasn't the best of things. . ."

"Oh Miroku, shut up for once would ya?" Sango snapped, brown eyes flaring. She had been more irritable than usual. "Inuyasha was wrong. How could he do that to her?"

"Yeah, going after Kikyo like that. From the information you gave me, I gather that Kagome saved his life, by trying to seal the portal."

"But she didn't. Kikyo caught the arrow, and then hell just closed. How could he just want to bound into those flames like that with a woman who despises him!"

"I agree. Inuyasha feels his is responsible for her death."

"BUT I MISS KAGOME!"

"Yeah, she won't come back, only if Inuyasha brings her, and I can guarantee that that won't happen any time soon."

"Of course, Inuyasha never really apologized to her before. She always admitted she was wrong. How could she still want to be with him?"

"Where is the idiot anyway?"

"Out searching for Kikyo, I presume," the monk shifted his staff to sit down. They were back at Kaede's village, sitting in front of her house, pondering on their best friends relationship.

"How could he do that? Kagome was a wreck. I could barely watch. The only way they can put that behind them is for Inuyasha to apologize properly to her."

"How could he how love someone who is only a former shell of themselves? According to Kagome, she is made of clay and dirt." (Hopefully that is correct!) "Only bound to his earth for her hatred to him. When he has Kagome right here, willingly to give him endless love. He is so blind!" Shippo growled.

"I HATE INUYASHA!"

~*~*

Kikyo. Was she still alive? He had been searching endlessly for three days straight, hoping to find her. Tipping his head to the sky, he saw a soul collector carry a small sphere of shimming light off to the north. Relief fluttering through his heart, he leapt up onto the closet branch and carried off in pursuit of her.

Sure enough, she was there, sitting on a thick branch of a tree. Features lit up by the glowing light, she looked creepier than usual. Mouth curved into a frown, she looked down at him.

"KIKYO! YOU'RE STILL ALIVE!"

"Must you always be so loud Inuyasha? You think that my mere reincarnation can kill me?"

"No of course not, I mean, she's no where as strong as you!"

"You think I don't know that!" she retorted sourly, frown increasing, eyes livid. "We were so close Inuyasha. So close last night to finally being reunited forever."

"But we're here now, Kagome's not. Can't you just get the portal--"

"Fool, I must regain some strength before I attempt to commit such a tiring task."

"Oh." He looked down then pounced up on the tree next to her, sitting doggy style(AW! I love it when he does that, but he gets on my nerves when he's with Kikyo!)

"I do not wish to be so close to you."

"But last night. . ." he bit back his words, remembering the kiss, thinking that he would be scolded for bringing it up.

". . .Was the past."

"Yeah."

"Have you finally rid yourself of my reincarnation?" she pondered out loud. He nodded, feeling no guilt for her tears. She deserved what she got for interrupting them and injuring Kikyo.

"Yes."

"Good."

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. Inuyasha is such a baka! Don't worry. I know the chapters suck now, but later on they will get better! Later Days!