InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Decisions of the Heart ❯ The Decision, Well…Almost ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Decisions of the Heart

Chapter Sixteen:

The Decision, Well…Almost

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!: SESSHOMARU IS VVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY OOC IN THIS CHAPTER!

Disclaimer: For all of yous who HAVEN'T been reading my disclaimers, I OWN INUYASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inuyasha stared blankly at his older half brother for a few seconds.

"So," Sesshomaru cut in.

"You-you were listening to me?"

"Of course not! I have much more pressing matters to attend to besides watching you drool over females. I was merely passing by." He turned bright red and glared at his brother, transformed fang still tightly in his grip.

"Why do you want to help me anyway? I thought you hate me like crap!"

"I have my reasons."

"Like?"

"I want to kill you while you are trying your hardest. With these two utterly disgusting humans on your mind, you will, of course, be distracted." The glares of two golden orbs clashed. "I will not assist you while you are still armed."

Inuyasha plunked onto the ground, untransformed sword still in hand.

"What's with this whole brotherly bond you're starting after all these years?"

"Must I explain again?" he growled, still upon his feet. A few cricket chirps passed in the distance as the moon still glowed brightly down on them. Inuyasha growled in return, but shook his head.

"Which girl makes you happiest? Dead or alive?" he began. It took every ounce of his being not to slash his younger brother.

"Both, I guess," he mumbled, embarrassed that off all people his BROTHER would be helping him with his confusing girl troubles after he tried to kill him on numerous occasions. But his scent wasn't holding any lurking secrets, so he relaxed slightly.

"That's not what I am asking." Inuyasha shut his mouth, and thought. With Kikyo he felt like he had to be perfect, calm, rigid, but with Kagome, he could relax, pick on her, and make her mad without death threats. So he shrugged and said, "Kagome, probably."

"Why?" deep voice keeping him from wandering into further thoughts, Sesshomaru gazed somewhat dully at him, eyes narrowing in slight annoyance.

"Cause I can be myself," he replied simply.

"Do you enjoy being with the dead one?"

"Her name's Kikyo!" Inuyasha snapped sourly.

"And that other girl."

"It's Kagome! You know who she is!"

"I need not know their names, for they are just humans who always get in the way. How did you get involved with. . .KIKYO. . .is it?"

"We were both lonely."

"Do you think that's a good bases for a relationship?"

"I dunno! I fell in love with her so I guess it is!"

"And Kagome?"

She always hung around." He raised a thin eyebrow. "OK!!!!!!! I guess I kinda, sorta, almost LIKE her just a little bit! But shut up about it!"

"Who would I tell?" he said, in a sarcastic voice that didn't match his personality. Inuyasha blushed at his own stupidity.

"Well--"

"Are you happier with this Kagome girl?"

"How should I know?"

"And Kikyo."

"All I know is that Kagome gets upset when I see her and runs off."

"Could it be that she is hurt and somewhat jealous?" His jaw had gone slack. Kagome JEALOUS!? After all the times he had gotten envious when Kouga or other males had gone near her. . . But she was also hurt, so that's why she always ran away, tears overflowing her eyes, making him feel extremely guilty and dirty. He didn't realize his brother was still there until he broke the silence again.

"Have you made your choice?"

"Huh? You expect me to-to choice just like THAT!" Sesshomaru's icy glare bore holes into Inuyasha.

"Of course. But then again, hanyous aren't really good for much are they?" Inuyasha tensed, not knowing what his brother was getting at.

"Watch it." He rose to his feet. His scent was getting more hostile. Before another word could fall from his lips, Sesshomaru had slammed his against a tree, hand clutching his throat, eyes glowing red, the same color Inuyasha's were when he transformed.

"Do not anger me." Inuyasha couldn't spit back a response. "I honestly do not know what possessed me to think that you could be helped by a few words. Sheer force is the best way to do things." Claws digging into the skin of his neck, Inuyasha yelped. The older demon's eyes slowly calmed and turned back into his shallow, angered amber irises. He let his brother slide to the ground.

"Why did you help me?" he growled furiously. ~I am so stupid to have thought he would change to help me with girls!~

"Because it's what father would have wanted. I expect you'll be better when I return," his words were directed over his shoulder, though his head did not turn once to face him as he slowly, gracefully walked off. ~But I always thought he despised him because I was given the Tetsusaiga!~

"COWARD!" Inuyasha shouted. ~But he did have a point. That really cleared my head, not that I'm thanking him or anything!~ Shaking his head, trying to soothe the burning sensation in his neck, he tried to look at his brother's retreating form, but he was already gone. "Creepy bastard."

* * *

Signs of dawn were making themselves know across the sky. The sky was still mottled with the lingering fragments of dark. Lazy, creamy pink was still spotted with the jet blackness of the night sky. Birds chirp joyfully in their nests, relishing the twinkling lights of the morning.

"What the hell are you so happy about?" he snapped irritably.

~*~

"He hasn't come back during the night."

"And no Kagome-sama," Miroku added sadly, ignoring the icy frown Sango shot at him.

"We must approach the situation with extreme caution."

"It's much too early and I don't particularly feel like getting my head beaten in right now." She ignored his toothy grin and switched her gaze to Shippo. He was sitting on the floor, stack of papers within reach and his hand grasped a blue crayon as he scribbled happily.

"We should be back soon," Sango told him.

"Hopefully."

~*~

Inuyasha's ear twitched as they approached.

"Now what?"

"Did you go after Kagome?" Miroku pressed. His hanyou friend had been in an extremely bad mood lately and he never knew when his temper would flare.

"No," he replied so quietly that the monk had to strain to hear his voice.

"Miroku!" Sango cooed sweetly. He gulped.

"Yes. . .Sango."

"We made a bet! No groping for a month!" His face fell.

"You really don't expect me to, to," he couldn't finish his sentences. A MONTH WITHOUT GROPING SANGO! How would his day go on?

"Yeah, like hell I care about your stupid bet." Sango blushed, remembering that he had sensitive hearing.

"Well," she started, clearing her throat. "Are you ever going after Kagome-chan? I mean, what were you doing out here this whole time?"

"Sesshomaru."

"A FIGHT WITH SESSHOMARU?"

"No, he um. . ." Inuyasha couldn't gather the right words since he was flustered. "Helped me."

"WHAT THE HELL?!!!!!!!!" the other two yelled in perfect unison.

"Would you guys just shut up and leave me alone?" Inuyasha retorted, snorting, crossing his arms over his chest.

"OK. . ." Neither of them wanted to be there when the hanyou was driven over his last fragments of control so they quickly strode away. Miroku smiled almost gaily, like he did after he groped Sango. She cocked an eyebrow at him.

"What's with you?" she asked.

"I am simply celebrating because Inuyasha didn't get a chance to beat on me!" Neither of them saw the log that went flying towards him and connected with his skull. He thumped to the ground with anime swirl eyes.

"Idiot," she seethed. ~Well at least he can't grope me!~ Sango went off happily to the Kaede's hut, wondering whether she would be needed to help hunt. That always got her mind off of things.

~*~

Inuyasha was positive that his mind was made up and went off in search of Kikyo. He didn't have to go far, he saw her in a village, tending to some wounded soldiers. Making sure to keep out of sight, he waited until she left.

"Inuyasha." Her eyes casually slid and connected with his.

"Kikyo." He held her hand in his.

"So you have made your decision?"

"Yes."