InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Deja Vou ❯ Kagome's Plan ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Meanwhile, Kikyo frowned at the situation from a nearby tree.
“How did she come back? I thought she hated him!” Kikyo muttered aloud. “No matter, he’ll die soon.” Her blood-chilling laugh filled the air as she faded away, a revised plan ready to be carried out.

Kagome looked up as she heard something in the distance. Her eyes wide, she stared out the door and focused upon the tree Kikyo had just been perched in. ‘Was someone… laughing?’ she thought to herself, then brushed the idea away, giving up reasoning to madness. Miroku walked over and rested a hand on her shoulder, making Kagome sigh and turn her gaze back to the sleeping dog-demon. Settling herself back into the corner, she resumed watching InuYasha and before anyone knew it, was fast asleep, her head on her arms that were resting on her raised knees.

InuYasha’s eyes opened to see his wounds bandaged and an almost empty hut; Empty all except for…
“Kagome?” InuYasha wondered aloud, surprised and startled by her appearance.
Her eyes opened at the sound of his voice and she stared straight at him for a moment before exclaiming, “Oh InuYasha, you’re ok!” She jumped up excitedly and threw her arms around him, drawing back and apologizing when she felt him wince. She smiled at him and he only stared, confused, back a little afraid of what had brought her back to his era.
“I thought you,” he gulped, almost afraid to ask, “hated me,” he finally finished.
Kagome’s expression softened and she looked down at her hands, replying, “No, I was really mad at you, but I’m glad you’re alright.” InuYasha continued to stare, still confused at how she had gone from being mad at him, to being happy he was ok.
“Uh, how did I…” he started, tearing his gaze away from Kagome’s face and looking down at his chest, not finishing the sentence for fear of being yelled at.
Kagome seemed to understand and answered none-the-less.
“It really hurt when you said you could never love anyone as much as Kikyo. Makes me think all this time I’ve been getting mixed messages,” she concluded, a upset tone in her voice that she didn’t quite mean to come out.
“I’m sorry,” InuYasha muttered, “I didn’t mean it.”
“If you didn’t mean it then why did you say it?!” Kagome went back to her normal self as she took her anger out on the hanyou.
“I-I guess I was afraid of loosing Kikyo.” Kagome sighed, still miffed, but calming down.
“So what happened after I left?” she asked, curiosity overcoming good judgment.
“Well,” he began, “I don’t remember much.” When Kagome didn’t reply, InuYasha was forced to continue. “She kissed me, and the next thing I remember is lying on the ground with a knife in my back.” He sighed melancholically as he summed up. “I woke here with my wounds bandaged after losing consciousness in the spot I fell.”
“Not now when I treated your injury?” Kagome reassured, supported by InuYasha’s response.
“No, after you left. Why did you come back anyways, and how if you didn’t have the jewel shard?”
“Miroku and Sango came to get me,” Kagome said, ignoring the criticizing tone of the first question. “They told me you were close to death and I came back with them.”
“That’s why Miroku wanted the jewel shard!” InuYasha realized as Kagome fingered the jewel that was now hung around her neck.
“You should rest,” Kagome voiced, as InuYasha sighed tiredly. He nodded in agreement, too tired to argue and laid down, shutting his eyes and drifting off to sleep as Kagome walked back to her corner.


It was a whole day before InuYasha woke again, and when he did, he found Kagome lying next to him. He smiled and stroked her cheek gently before sitting up. He felt a lot better, especially with Kagome with him, so he got up and walked outside. No one was around besides Kagome and him; he wondered where everyone had gone. Wandering over to the river, he washed his face and hair and checked on his wound. It was almost healed, only a scar had yet to disappear. Removing the bloody bandages, InuYasha started to undress, climbing into the river and relaxing a bit once he did so. The water was freezing, but he was used to it. “Washing the dried blood off of his chest and more out of his hair, he continued to wash himself until something caught his eye; Just a sliver in the sky, it shimmered, opposite the sun. ‘Tomorrow’s the new moon!’ InuYasha realized, climbing out of the river and dressing himself. As he thought about the new moon, InuYasha went back inside to retrieve his shirt and kimono and wash the blood from them. After that was accomplished, and the shirt and kimono were laid out to dry, InuYasha walked back to the hut to find Kagome awake and smiling at him.
“Uh, hi,” he said, wringing out his hair again, Kagome getting to her feet to greet him.
“I’m glad you’re feeling better,” she said, examining his well-defined chest.
“Uh yeah,” InuYasha said, following her gaze to the scar on his chest, “Almost better.”
“InuYasha…” Kagome said softly, a hint of hesitation in her voice.
“Yeah?” InuYasha said plainly, fixing his hair which was just beginning to return to its natural shape.
“You know it’s the new moon tomorrow right?”
“Yeah,” InuYasha said again, as if the new moon was just another day to him.
“Well, since you’re feeling better and it’s a weekend, I was wondering if you would want to come to my time for the day,” Kagome alleged, a hopeful tone about her.
“Uh, ok. Why not?” InuYasha shrugged, not knowing what he was getting himself into. Kagome smiled and ran up to hug InuYasha.
“That’s great! You wouldn’t mind if I took you to see all my friends, would you?”
Her reluctant tone made InuYasha reply, “Uh, I guess not.”
“Cool, we’ll leave tonight if that’s ok with you, but first I have to get this ‘ok’ed with my mom.”
“Sure.”
Kagome giggled, “You don’t say much.” InuYasha blushed.