InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon High ❯ Moving In ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own InuYasha. I wish I did though.

Note: Oi! (Hey!) I'm back again with a new InuYasha fanfic. Thanks and credit to the-great-monk-grl for the story idea. I'm trying part of a genre that I've never tried before, horror. I think it's a pretty good challenge for me. Anyway, this is an AU fanfic and there might be a bit of OOC.

Demon High

Chapter 1

Moving In

"MOM! Why do I always have to move from one place to another?" a young 16-year-old girl with long brown hair and brown eyes complained to her mother as they pulled up to their new home in their lapis blue metallic 2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet, "I mean even my younger brother gets to stay in America! It's totally not fair! Why do I have to move when he doesn't?"

"Sango dear, you know we don't have a choice. Kohaku's been very sick lately so he can't move around much, let alone move half way across the world with us," Sango's mother, a relatively tall woman with short black hair and blue eyes, stated as she opened the trunk of the car and began unloading the last of their stuff, "Besides you should know by now that we have to move around since I'm the head of a big company. I have to follow the company, wherever it may go."

Sango picked up a box and followed her mother to the front door of their new house.

"Look on the bright side. You get to make new friends," her mother said as she unlocked the front door and pushed it open.

"I don't want to make new friends. I want to go back to America and be with my friends there. I don't want to live here in Japan!" Sango protested as she set the box she was carrying down on the beige carpeted floor of the living room.

"But we," Sango's mom started, but Sango quickly interrupted.

"I know. We don't have a funking choice, right? It was the same thing when we moved to France, Shanghai, Greenland, England, and America! I'M SO SICK OF IT!" Sango yelled.

"Sango, watch your language and don't you raise your voice to me young lady!" her mother stated.

"Well, I've had it! Just leave me alone!" Sango shouted before she slammed the front door of the house closed and stomped upstairs to her bedroom.

As Sango opened the door to her bedroom she sighed. The room was pretty barren. All her things were still in boxes. Her bed lay in the far right hand corner of the room and her two oak dressers were against the left side wall, both held nothing in them as of yet. As she looked straight ahead she looked straight out the window at the street below. Her closet was on the right hand side of her room, just beyond the foot of her bed. There was also a small nightstand right next to her bed and a desk in the far left corner of the room. Sango slowly walked over to her bed and practically fell onto it.

"Why is it that I always seem to have to pick up my life and move again as soon as I begin to be comfortable?" Sango whispered to herself as she recalled all her memories of her time in America.

They had spent the longest amount of time in America. A total of almost 4 years. Those were the best years of Sango's life. She had made so many friends. About a year ago her younger brother's, Kohaku's, health took a turn for the worse. He came down with a rare and severe form of a respiratory disease. He was pulled from school and spent most of his time in the hospital. When Sango's mom's company decided it wanted to create a headquarters in Japan, they were forced to move again. However, Kohaku's doctor's cautioned against Kohaku traveling saying that they feared that it would only hurt his condition. After a while of discussion Sango's mom and the doctors came up with a solution. Kohaku would stay in America under the doctor's care until he was well enough to travel again. So in the middle of August the plans were arranged for the move.

Sango sat up on her bed and walked over to one of the boxes.

'I should at least make my bed and pull out the stuff that I'll need tonight and tomorrow for the start of school,' Sango thought to herself as she dug through the boxes looking for the things she needed.

It took her almost two hours to find everything, make her bed, and take a shower. By then it was dusk. Sango looked out her window and watched as the sun slowly disappeared below the horizon. However, she wasn't tired at all.

"It must be the jet lag," Sango murmured to herself as she opened her bedroom window and plopped onto her newly made bed.

Sango rolled onto her back while folding her arms and placing them behind her head as she began to think of all the things she still had to do.

"I hate this!!" Sango screamed as she slowly yelled herself into a fitful sleep.

:Two hours later:

"Hey look!" a girl with medium, black, wavy hair and chocolate brown eyes said as she looked upon the large house with a lapis blue metallic 2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet sitting parked in the driveway, "Looks like someone finally moved into that house after all these years."

"Feh, like I care," a boy with long white hair and golden eyes replied.

The girl was medium height and looked like your average teenage except for the black cat-like ears on top of her head and the black tail that stuck out from the back of her high school uniform. The boy was slightly taller than the girl and also looked like your average teenage boy aside from the white dog ears that stuck out from his head, the fangs in his mouth, and the claws on the end of his fingertips.

"InuYasha! Sit!" the girl yelled.

There was a slight glow around the boy's neck before he plummeted to the ground creating a 'b-tong' noise. The noise from outside caused Sango to awaken from her sleep.

"What was that?" Sango quietly asked herself as she got out of bed and looked out her window at the street below. When she noticed the two people she looked at them curiously. "Are those ears sticking out from their heads? Maybe they're cosplaying, but why now?"

"What the hell did you do that for, Kagome?!" InuYasha yelled while he was still currently stuck to the ground.

"God, I swear sometimes you are so dense InuYasha! You don't remember, do you? This is the house where Kikyou was killed. You know Kikyou, your friend!" Kagome yelled at him.

"Oh yeah I remember now. She was definitely a pain in the...," InuYasha started as the spell finally wore off and he was able to stand again.

"You're such a spineless jerk! You don't even care that she was KILLED HERE 4 YEARS AGO!" Kagome complained as she pointed her finger at InuYasha and then at the house, "You got lucky because you were a half demon, but she was merely a human. And because of that she was killed in this very house by werewolves during a full moon, am I right?"

"And your point is?" InuYasha asked sarcastically.

"You mean you haven't noticed yet? And you call yourself a half demon," Kagome stated sarcastically.

"Noticed what?" InuYasha asked slightly ticked off at her sarcasm.

"Take a good sniff," Kagome remarked.

InuYasha began to sniff the air around him. Finally it hit him.

"They're humans," InuYasha stated.

"Good one, Einstein," Kagome said sarcastically, "Do you understand what that means?"

InuYasha went into deep thought before he answered, "No."

Kagome growled and clenched her fists as she spoke, "This is a demon neighborhood. What makes you think that history won't repeat itself? Or better yet, what if Kikyou comes back for a little revenge? Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you?"

InuYasha thought again before he replied, "No."

Kagome almost screamed before she replied, "I give up! You're too stupid to understand anyway!"

"Whatever," InuYasha replied calmly before he turned around and started to walk, "Let's just hope 'he' doesn't come."

"Don't worry 'he' isn't what you think he is," Kagome replied as she followed him, but not before taking one last look at the house.

Once the two were gone Sango closed her window and got back into her bed. She looked at her clock, which was sitting on her nightstand, and saw that it was 10:30 pm. She sighed again as she pulled the sheet over her and turned on her side.

"There are some strange people in this neighborhood," Sango mumbled to herself as she quickly fell back into a very light sleep.

It wasn't until around 1:00am when Sango was again brought back from dreamland to reality. However, this time she woke up from being cold. As she turned to face her window she felt a light breeze blow against her face.

"I thought I closed the window," Sango barely whispered to herself as she looked curiously at the now open window.

Out of nowhere a black figure appeared inside the middle of her room. Sango wasn't able to get a good look at him because of the darkness of the room. However, she did notice the smirk that crossed his face.

"You're a virgin human aren't you?" the figure asked in a slightly eerie voice.

"What?" Sango exclaimed inaudibly.

The figure just continued to smile as he said, "That makes my hunt a hell of a lot easier."

With that said the figure walk to the window and then disappeared. Sango quickly got out of bed and stuck her head out the window. As she looked at the sky she noticed a full moon that was barely being hidden by the cloud. There was no sign of any person being near the house let alone in her room. Sango closed her window again and got back into bed. Even though her mind wondered trying to find an explanation for the recent event, she quickly fell back asleep. The next time Sango was awaken, it was by her alarm clock. Sango slowly opened her eyes as she rolled our and turned the alarm off. She gradually sat up in bed and took a look around her room. Her window was closed and nothing seemed amiss. She stood up and walked to her window. Outside the sun had just risen. There were a few people walking down the street and the occasionally car would drive by. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"Was it just a dream?" Sango asked herself as she changed into her new high school uniform, "It had to have been. It must have been caused by all the new changes again."

After convincing herself it was just a dream, Sango walked downstairs into the kitchen. She sat down at the table where a sesame seed bagel with cream cheese and a glass of milk awaited her. As she sat down to eat she noticed a note on the table.

The note read:

Sango,

Honey, I'm sorry about being angry with you. You have every right to feel the way you do. I hope you'll forgive me. I had to leave for work early today. I left a map on the table of how to get to your new school. Don't forget, you have to be in the office by 8:30am. Good luck and I hope you have a great day sweet heart.

Love,

Mom

Sango just smiled. She was glad her mom was so caring. She set the note down and ate her bagel quickly. After finishing she went into the bathroom and applied her make-up, which consisted of a pink eye shadow, a little blush, mascara, and a light pink lip gloss. She also threw her long, brown hair into a high ponytail before she looked at her watch and noticed that it was already 7:55am.

"I have to hurry or I'll be late," Sango said to herself.

She quickly ran up to her room and grabbed her bag. She ran back downstairs and was about to walk out the door when she realized that she didn't have the directions. She dashed into the kitchen, fetched the instructions, and left the house, closing the door behind her.

It took Sango around 20 minutes to find the school. When she finally found it, she could believe how large the school was. As she walked past the school gate, she heard the bell ring. She watched as the students who were still in the courtyard quickly ran to the school doors. Sango slowly made her way to the school. She got lost at first, but managed to find the office by 8:30am. Once inside the office Sango was led straight into the principle's office. The principle then introduced himself as Myouga. She was then given her classroom number, 10-2. The door opened to the principle's office and there stood a young looking man. His long black hair was currently tied in a braid with a navy blue rubber band. However, it was his eyes that caught Sango's attention. They were a bright blue, which was unusual to Sango.

"Oh hello there Bankotsu-sensei," Myouga said.

"Good morning," the man said before he bowed slightly, "I heard you have a new student for me."

"Oh yes, this is Miss Sango Nyuki (A/N: made it up. Does Sango actually have a last name? v.v?)," Myouga stated.

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you Bankotsu-sensei," Sango said as she bowed.

Bankotsu just nodded before he turned his attention back to Myouga, "Is she ready for me to take to the classroom?"

Myouga just nodded.

"Very well, Miss Nyuki please follow me," Bankotsu said as he turned and walked out of the principle's office.

Sango quickly bowed to Myouga and then followed her new teacher. It only took about 2 minutes before they reached the classroom. Sango stayed in the hall as the teacher walked into the room and quieted the class down.

"Okay, shut up and get into your seats. I have an announcement to make," Bankotsu stated as all the students quickly took their seats and shut their mouths. Once everything was quiet he continued, "We have a new transfer student joining our class."

The class broke out into whispers at the news. Bankotsu motioned for Sango to come in. Sango gathered her courage and walked into the room. The class fell quiet aside from a few whistles from some of the guys. Sango held the blush back as she made her way to the middle of the room.

"This is Miss Sango Nyuki. She is a transfer student from America," the teacher stated.

"Hi, I'm Sango Nyuki. It's a pleasure to meet you," Sango stated as she gave a slight bow.

"Miss Nyuki please take a seat next to Miss Kagome. Kagome raise your hand please," Bankotsu stated.

A girl with wavy, black hair in the back row raised her hand. Sango walked to the back of the room and took a seat.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Kagome Higurashi," the girl stated.

"It's nice to meet you," Sango replied as she looked closely at Kagome.

Kagome noticed her look and asked, "Is something wrong? Do I have something on my face?"

Sango looked slightly surprised, "No, I'm sorry. It's just I feel like I've seen or met you before."

"Well, this is the first time that I know of that we've met," Kagome responded.

"Yeah it must just be my imagination," Sango said slightly uncomfortable at the situation she had created.

With that said both the girls turned their attention to the lesson being taught. The day went by quite fast for Sango. Kagome showed her around the school during their breaks. Kagome told Sango how she was part of the archery club and how the teachers are sometimes a little out of the ordinary. Kagome showed her around town a bit as well. They stopped off at a couple of Kagome's favorite stores and had a small snack at a little café. It was about 6:00pm when they both decided it was time to go home, so they began walking in the direction of Sango's neighborhood.

"So where do you live now?" Kagome asked as the two girls walked out the school gates at the end of the day.

"I'm not a hundred percent sure of the address, but I live in this huge house. We were told no one had lived in it for a couple of years," Sango replied as she continued to walk.

Kagome stopped dead in her tracks. Sango noticed the girl's stop and turned around to face her.

"What's the matter?" Sango asked.

"You mean the house at the end of Kingsley?" Kagome asked slightly surprised at Sango's response to her question.

"Yeah, why?" Sango asked slightly confused.

Kagome shook her head, "It's nothing. I'm just surprised someone finally moved in there. People were starting to wonder if they were just going to tear the house down."

"Oh," Sango said as she noticed that they had reached Kingsley, "This is my street. Thanks you for everything today Kagome-chan. I really appreciate it."

"No, problem. Welcome to the neighborhood," Kagome responded.

"Thanks! See you tomorrow," Sango said as she turned and walked toward her house.

Once she was out of hearing range Kagome muttered to herself as she began walking to her house two streets down, "Very interesting."

When Sango got home she was greeted with her frantic mom running all over the house.

"Mom, what are you doing?" Sango asked as she took her shoes off.

"I'm trying to unpack and get the house to look somewhat normal," her mom responded as she pulled plates out of a box.

"Why the rush?" Sango asked curiously.

"I have some very important guests coming over from work tomorrow for dinner. You don't mind do you sweetheart?" Sango's mom asked in a slightly pleading manner.

"Of course not mom. I'll be in my room unpacking," Sango replied trying to act happy.

Sango grabbed an apple and headed up to her room with her school bag in hand.

'At least the teacher didn't give us homework,' Sango thought to herself as she entered her room.

She set her bag down and quickly ate her apple. Once done she began unpack all of her stuff. She did her clothes first and then went onto her novelty items, like CDs and magazines. It took her about 3 hours before she had finished putting everything away where she wanted it. Once she was done she walked downstairs in hopes of finding dinner ready. Dinner was ready, but it wasn't what she had hoped for. Dinner tonight was a cup of ramen noodles. Sango was hoping for homemade cooking, but then she remembered her mother's frantic state early and realized that her mom probably didn't have time for homemade cooking right now. Once done with the small dinner she took a quick shower and then retired to her room for the night. She made sure the window was closed and then pulled out a photo album. As she looked through the photos she recalled precious memories. The room quickly darkened as the sun disappeared and the moon was completely covered by clouds. Sango turned on her lamp at continued to go down memory lane. It was about an hour and a half later that Sango realized that she was quite tired so she put her photo album away and climbed into bed. She quickly fell asleep. The clock read 10:30pm.

Sango was woken up by the chills, again, later that night. She slowly rolled off her bed and hugged herself. Her tank top and shorts made the cool night air feel even colder to her bare skin.

'I distinctly remember this window being closed,' Sango thought to herself as she walked to the window and shut it once again.

She was about to turn and head back to bed when she felt a hot breath against the back of neck. It was then she felt the presence of someone behind her. Sango froze, unsure of what to do.

"Did you miss me?" the man behind her whispered against her neck.

'It can't be! I thought that that man and everything last night was just a dream,' Sango thought to herself as she began to freak out.

"My sweet virgin human you will satisfy my hunt for tonight," the man whispered.

:::::::::::::::

Author's Note: How was it???? I hope it was okay and everyone likes it so far. Anyway please tell me what you think.

PLEASE READ & REVIEW!! THANK YOU!

Coolgurl (with special thanks to the-great-monk-grl)