InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon's Heart ❯ Rehio ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two ~ Rehio
 
InuYasha started running towards the scent without saying anything. As he disappeared into the bushes and trees the others followed yelling questions at him.
“InuYasha! What are you doing?!” Miroku yelled worriedly.
“What does it look like? IM running.”
He gave InuYasha a displeased look. They kept running then suddenly Kagome ran into the backside of InuYasha. She couldn't see what was in front of him either. Everyone else stopped as well.
“Oof-…, InuYasha?” Kagome stepped from around her and saw what everyone was staring at.
Miroku bowed his head. Waving around his pray beads with his left hand-tightly clenching his right cursed hand. After performing his act-Miroku slowly put the beads back on his cursed arm.
“It seems this girl is cursed-to this spot.” Miroku voice sounded solemn.
“You mean like InuYasha-when he was stuck to the tree?” Kagome prodded and looked at what was holding the girl down.
 
There are a lot of roots entangled around the legs. The plant went around the girl trapping her arms and legs to one spot. The girl herself-had long black hair-she looked to be demon, too. She had ears like InuYasha-dog ears-except they were longer than his were. But nonetheless same color. That wasn't the only extra appendage either. Her dragons like wings were entangled and bound by the strange plant as well. The only thing that wasn't bound by the plant-is her head and metallic looking tail. The tail-was very long, and it laid on the ground looking like a lifeless sliver snake. The tip of it was strange too. It wasn't pointed-but it looked really sharp. Her head was hung over-making her hair cover her face.
“Is she demon?” Kagome looked at InuYasha wondering if he felt pity on her.
“What do you think?” InuYasha's voice was a little bit gruff that time.
“What kind of demon do you think she is?” The girl had captured Sango's curiosity too.
All of a sudden-Jaken appeared from the opposite end of were the group had entered. His clothes had become ragged-and his face drooped miserably. And his face took on an angry look as he saw InuYasha.
“Get away from Rehio, you mutt!” Jaken voice still sounded groggy.
“What business do you have with her anyway?” Miroku started his questioning again.
“Sesshoumaru requests her-now get away! You humans don't deserve to even breathe the same air as her.”
Jaken was about to unleash the flames of his two-headed staff before Kilala went to her larger form. Stepping closer to him slowly. Jaken lost his nerve and summoned the flames. Kilala jumped to Shippo and Sango's rescue-flying above the flames. While Miroku, Inuyasha jumped away. Inuyasha, looking back at the girl was carrying Kagome away, Jaken had called `Rehio'. Rehio seemed unaffected by the flames, but the plants slowly withered away. She fell to the ground as the flames licked up the plant the held her there. Her ragged, black kimono seemed unaffected by the flames too. After the flames subsided, Jaken came running to Rehio's side trying to wake her. He pushed at her side afraid that he killed her.
 
 
Sesshoumaru again picked up the scent of Rehio, the woman he had been looking for. Flames and ashes were also caught in the wind. He assumed that it was Jaken, taking back what is his. He didn't bother to go towards them, because he was sure that Jaken could at least find her. And that was all that he asked. Rin slept peacefully under a tree behind him. He looked at her and thought about his father's love for humans. Sesshoumaru hated humans, but he kept Rin as a pet. Well at least that was his excuse to other people. The real reason why he had kept safe was because she looked like Rehio.
 
InuYasha flew at Jaken doing a side swipe motion with his claws. It hit him across the body killing him. Jaken's body falling with a slight thump to the ground. Then he looked thoughtfully at Rehio.
“What do you want to do?” Miroku asked him out of curiosity.
“I don't know, it depends on what Sesshoumaru wants with her.” InuYasha tapped Rehio thoughtfully with his feet.
Miroku wouldn't mind if Rehio came along, after all she were female who looked beautiful to him. But that was only Miroku's perverted thoughts spinning the wheels in his mind.
“InuYasha, maybe we should keep her safe until she wakes up. Maybe then we can find out what Sesshoumaru wants with her.” Kagome's suggestion was brilliant.
Inuyasha nodded at her then kicked Jaken's dead body to the side. Before he could even turn around to pick up Rehio, Miroku already had her in his arms carrying her away. Sango went to him and was trying to save him from a slapping.
“Miroku... why don't you let InuYasha carry her?” Sango looked at him with half-vicious and half-jealous eyes.
“Feh, if he wants to carry her, let him.” InuYasha didn't understand.
“See Sango? InuYasha doesn't care…”
{{Sango slaps Miroku.))