InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Desire ❯ Dying From the Inside ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Author's Note- WOOHOO! Another new story! It is the Christmas one… Just renamed. Read and review, as all comments are appreciated. And a Christmas romance for the ages. Hehehe. Oh, and if I make it to sappy, I'd DEFINITLY appreciate the comments.
---
Desire
 
Bestfriends and unsworn lovers, these two are hopelessly in love. But when a one of them takes a fall, will the other recover? And if the other survives, will they forgive the sadness, pain, and agony bestowed upon them? In a tale of love, desire, and sad betrayal, will they overcome their grief, or fall into the fatal trap of their own desire?
 
------

Prologue- Dying From the Inside
 
 
A bright light danced in the midnight sky; two lovers, sitting upon the high cliffs in front of a lighthouse, were entwined together. From far away, it looked as if they were one; forever bound, forever to be chased by the others desire.
--
 
A young man, about the age of eighteen, looked down at the face of the one he loved. Her face looked as if an angel had carved it. Curly ebony locks floated down into her face, her skin was pale, with a hint of a tan from the summer. Her eyes were closed, but their colour had been burned into his memory long ago. A deep brown, almost black, filled her eyes. They were deep pits of desire, waiting to swallow him up. And he usually obliged her.
 
He pushed the hair out of her face, and felt her stir beneath him. He pulled his hand back, and her eyes flickered open. She spoke his name, and it felt as if the sun and the moon would crash from the heavens where they had been placed.
 
“InuYasha.” She spoke with a lover's knowledge, and a gentle smile made its way upon her face.
 
“Kagome, how about we go to the edge of the cliff?”
 
Kagome's smile faded and was replaced by a frown. “But we were told not to. You know that, that part of the cliff could break off.”
 
“Ah, but dear friend of mine, that was how long ago? Besides, I'm sure it is fine.”
 
Kagome smiled, but the worried look had embedded itself in her eyes. “Ok. But you have to catch me if I fall,” she joked, not realizing how serious it was.
 
“Of course! I would not have it any other way.”
---
 
The lovers stood upon the edge of the cliff, watching the moon's light dance over the obsidian water.
 
“Kagome I will be right back. I have to grab something.” Kagome nodded.
 
InuYasha walked to where they had been sitting and picked up his coat. He pulled out a small box, and opened it. Inside a beautiful ring shone. He knew she would love it. InuYasha stood back up and turned around. They both heard the crack, and Kagome's frightened face whipped towards where InuYasha was standing. As if in fast-forward, the rock fell, taking the one he truly loved with it.
 
“KAGOME!” Screamed the young man, running towards the cliff where his bestfriend had been taken from him.
 
Shock slowly settled in. It felt as if his heart had shattered to a million pieces and scattered over the wind. He had to be dying from the inside.