InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four
 
Kagome sat on a stool in the shower with the hot water pouring over her. Her mom had washed her hair for her; she just didn't have the energy to do it herself, and was getting her some clean clothes. As her mom opened the door Kagome turned the water off and pulled herself up. She wanted to get back to Inuyasha as quickly as she could. He might need her again.
“Thanks Mama,” she said once she was dry and dressed in the t-shirt and sweats her mom had brought.
“You're welcome dear,” she said with a smile. “That's what mothers do. Take care of their children. Even after they're grown. Now let's get you back to him before he wakes up.” She took Kagome by the arm and helped her out of the bathroom.
They were in the hall when Shippo, still clutching the Tessaiga, came barreling toward them.
“Mama, Papa needs you!”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Inuyasha was floating in a black haze of pain. He couldn't see anything, he couldn't smell anything. His mind was washed by the intense pain and a single thought. Kagome.
He tried to search for her, but his efforts were in vain. No matter which way he turned or how hard he tried to look he couldn't find her. He called for her and got no answer. As desperation washed through him he screamed for her.
“KAGOME!”
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
 
Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi all sat on the couch and watched the small boy with the tail. He was holding the sword and sitting next to Inuyasha's head. He was running
his fingers through Inuyasha's hair again, being careful not to touch his ears.
Inuyasha groaned and his head rolled to the side. His eye lids fluttered and his hands twitched. He groaned once again and started to mutter.
“Shhh, Mama will be here soon Papa,” Shippo said. “She went to clean up she'll be here in a minute. I know she will.” He patted the silver hair in front of him trying to sooth his Papa. He was getting worried because it wasn't working.
Inuyasha's head rolled to the side again.
“'Gome,” he groaned, his teeth clenched. “Kagome.” Though his eye lids still fluttered he didn't come to.
Shippo looked up at Sesshoumaru who was leaning against the wall.
“I have to get Mama.” The worry was thick in his voice. The Taiyoukai nodded.
“I will watch over him.”
The girls watched as Shippo bolted for the hallway.
“Kagome… Can't find you…” With a pain filled grimace he took a deep breath.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~
 
Just as Kagome, leaning heavily on her mom, stepped into the leaving room, Inuyasha screamed.
“KAGOME!” His back arching off of the futon.
With a startled gasp she let go of her mom's arm and stumbled across the room to him. As she knelt down she grabbed his hand, wrapped his good arm around her waist, and laid her hand on his cheek.
“I'm here.”
He pulled her into his chest holding her tightly. Burying his face in her wet hair he breathed in her scent.
“Couldn't find you, so dark, so much pain, I couldn't find you.” He gasped out as he shuddered and clasped her to his chest.
“It's alright, I'm here now. It was just a dream.” She pulled back a bit.
“Don't leave,” he tightened his hold. She shook her head.
“I'm not going anywhere, just sitting up.” She looked into his half opened eyes. There was still so much pain in them. He blinked slowly.
“Was going to ask you tonight,” he paused.
“What were you going to ask?”
“Was going to,” he swallowed his nervousness, “ask you to be my mate.” His eyes slid closed waiting for her to say no.
Her eyes widened at his words.
“Why?” She asked him. His eyes flew open.
“What?”
“Why do you want me to be your mate?” Her voice was low and sincere.
“I-I,” he swallowed. “I love you. You're my light; you make me stronger, make me happy, and make me feel like I have a place I belong. You're the first since my mother to not judge what I am. To not care that I'm nothing but a lowly half-breed.”
“I love you too,” her eyes were bright from unshed tears. “And you are not a lowly half-breed. You're my strong, brave, honorable, stubborn, and beautiful Hanyou.” She took his face in her hands and very gently kissed him. “I'll be your mate.”
He sighed in relief, hugged her tightly, and grunted in pain from having her clasped to his chest. She just shook her head and smiled.
“Let me see what I can do about that.”
She sat up next to him and laid her hands on his chest. Once again they glowed that bright blue. Warmth spread across his chest as the healing energy flowed into him.
Once the light faded Kagome's eyes slid shut. Mrs. Higurashi caught her before she fell over and gently lowered her to lay with her head on Inuyasha's shoulder. That done she looked at him and saw the gratitude in his eyes. She touched his cheek with her finger tips.
“You're welcome Inuyasha.” She rose and headed toward the kitchen.
“Shippo.” He called.
“Yes Papa,” the boy was standing close to him.
“Keep watch runt, I'm counting on you.” Shippo stood straighter.
“I will Papa. I promise.” Inuyasha nodded at him.
“Oi bastard, don't go anywhere. We aren't done yet.”
Sesshoumaru chuckled.
“Don't worry little brother I'm not leaving.”