InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Twelve
 
Mrs. Higurashi trembled as she watched Inuyasha, fully transformed, stab the Tessaiga into the cobblestones and walk toward her child.
“It's okay Grandma,” Shippo said patting her cheek. “Papa won't hurt mama.”
“Are you sure?” Yuka asked from behind her.
“Yes, I am. He's never hurt her when he's like this.” He didn't think they should hear about Kaguya.
“This has happened before,” Mrs. Higurashi asked.
Shippo nodded, than he frowned.
“But only if Papa was close to getting killed. And the Tessaiga seals his youkai blood. He shouldn't have transformed holding it.” He turned and looked where his parents stood.
Inuyasha stood in front of Kagome and touched her hair. They barely heard her when she spoke.
“Come back to me Inuyasha.”
“Protect mate,” his growling voice was low.
Sesshoumaru stepped away from the wall where he had been leaning.
“He was defending his mate from a rival male. Not even Father's fang could seal that.” He started to walk toward the couple.
“Sesshoumaru wait,” Shippo called. The Taiyoukai turned back. “You were there after the moth youkai and the bandits. Papa's stronger now.” He liked this new Sesshoumaru and he didn't want him to get hurt.
“Don't worry. Rin come.”
“Yes my love,” she ducked around Mrs. Higurashi and took his outstretched hand.
They had advanced a few steps when with a vicious growl Inuyasha pushed Kagome behind him.
Sesshoumaru stopped and held up his hand.
“Mate mine!” Inuyasha growled.
“Easy little brother.”
“Brother?” He seemed confused. “Pack?”
“Yes little brother. Pack.”
Suddenly the courtyard was filled with Sesshoumaru's rumble. Inuyasha's eyes slide shut as the sound washed over him. Sensing him starting to calm Kagome took his hand in her own and pulled him toward his brother. With his first step he answered Sesshoumaru with a rumble of his own.
When his eyes opened they were amber again. Though his stripes were still visible everyone relaxed a bit.
Kagome, not sure way she did, reached for Rin's hand. When their hands were joined they looked at their mates. The brothers looked at each other and nodded. No one knew why but it was important that they stand together.
When their clawed hands came together there was a flash of white light. From the center of their circle came a voice.
“Very good my sons.” The voice of the Inu no Taisho was deep and kind, with a touch of amusement. “The kami know it took you long enough to get along.”
“Father!” They shouted together, shock quite plain on their faces.
As the light faded everyone stared at the silver haired man standing inside the circle.
He was very tall, even taller than Sesshoumaru, his knee length hair was pulled up high, and his golden eyes glowed with the laughter he kept leashed.
“Father,” Inuyasha said again trying to reach for him.
“NO!” His father yelled. “If you break the link I'll be gone. There are things I must tell you.”
“How is this possible? You've been dead for seven-hundred years.” Sesshoumaru was suspicious.
“Sess,” he shook his head, “be not a fool. All I am is a spirit. The kami have allowed me this chance to speak with you. All of their requirements for it have been met.”
“What requirements?” Inuyasha asked. His father smiled at him.
“I was told that when you had each found your true mate, behaved as brothers, and stood joined in a circle I would be allowed to see you every ten years. I had feared that it would never happen.”
“Every ten years?”
“Yes,” he placed his hand on his younger son's shoulder. “On this day ten years from now I can see you all again.”
“Father Taishou.” Kagome said a bit nervous.
“Yes,” he turned and looked at the two women.
“I'm glad that you can visit with your sons.”
“Not just with them but you two as well. I wish to tell you all how proud of you I am. You take care of my boys.”
They nodded.
“We will,” they said together.
He turned back.
“Sess I'm glad that you have found out how to be happy. Inuyasha I'm sorry I wasn't there while you grew. I'm glad that your mate has healed your heart. I love you all. I leave you with one bit of advice. Trust the Blackwolf.”
“Who the fuck is he? I don't trust any wolf!” Inuyasha spat. His father laughed.
“She is not like any wolf you have ever met my son.”
“A woman?” Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow.
“Yes. Trust her you won't regret it. I'll see you all in ten years.”
With a flash he was gone.