InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Fifteen
 
Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi followed the spinning hiraikotsu with their eyes. Just as amazing to watch as it cut through the youkai was the act of the woman catching it. Although the impact of it when she stopped its movement slid her back she was completely unfazed. They had barely registered that she had long dark hair and was dressed completely in black, when Kagome's heart wrenching scream tore the air.
“SANGO!” She dropped her bow and stumbled forward only to fall on her knees.
Sango dropped her massive weapon and bolted to Kagome. Who promptly threw herself into her sister's arms and sobbed.
“Shhh,” she hugged Kagome to her tightly. “I'm here little sister I'm here.” She looked up at the Taiyoukai and glared. “Sesshoumaru, why didn't you tell her?”
“I did not think she would believe me had I done so.” His mask was back.
“Don't be an ass Sesshoumaru.” Dressed in dark jeans, a purple shirt, and his hair still tied in a tail, Miroku was pissed. “You could have told them about us first then about the well.” He walked over to a stunned Inuyasha. “If you stand there like that long enough you'll catch flies.” His mouth closed with a snap. Recovered from his shock he punched Miroku.
“Can it Monk.” He growled.
“Nice to see you too Inuyasha,” he smiled and turned to Sango and Kagome. As he knelt down next to the pair Kagome's arm snaked out and grabbed him. Although she wanted to hug him she refused to let go of Sango.
So they sat on the ground. Sango's arms were around Kagome, Kagome was clutching Sango with one arm, Miroku with the other, and Miroku's arms were around the women.
Inuyasha picked up Shippo and put him on his shoulder. The child though he wanted his mama had stayed back. He wrapped his small arms around his papa's neck as Inuyasha walked to the group.
“Everyone off my mate,” he pulled her from Sango and sat with her in his lap. “Kirara,” at his call the neko came and lay behind him. He leaned back against her. He lifted his left arm.
“Sango.”
She was shocked but did as he asked and slid under his arm. As she wrapped her arm around Kagome he spoke again.
“Oi Monk, other side.”
“Inuyasha,” there was trepidation in his voice.
“I'm not going to hug you stupid. Just do it.” He growled leaving no room for argument.
Miroku sat and leaned against the hanyou as Shippo crawled into Kagome's arms. Once everyone was settled to his satisfaction Inuyasha began that deep rumble. He was soon joined by Kirara's purr.
Just as they were all starting to relax Miroku and Sango tensed as they felt a strong youki. At Sango's gasp Miroku turned. Inuyasha's markings were visible! His eyes slid open and they were both relieved to see that they were still amber.
Pack.” His voice was a deep growl. He looked at Kagome and Shippo. “Mate. Pup.” His rumble deepened. “Pack.” Suddenly the red of his youki was visible as it engulfed the group.
Sango and Miroku gasped at the sheer power that radiated off their friend. Moments later there were purple streaks through the red and they realized that Kagome was blending her aura with Inuyasha's.
They were overcome with the knowledge that this was their family. As Kagome's love washed over them joined by Inuyasha's protectiveness they all snuggled closer. This was where they were meant to be and they all knew it. This was their family, as Inuyasha had said, this was their pack.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
After watching as the group was first engulfed by the red light then the purple Yuka approached Sesshoumaru.
“Would you tell us what's going on please?” She asked as politely as her nerve racked state would allow.
“He is binding his pack to him.” He answered in his ice laced voice.
“Thank you,” she backed away from him. And even though she still had no idea what was going on exactly at least he had answered her.
The three girls sat as close as they could without touching the melded auras. They waited patiently for their friend to emerge and explain what this was.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*
 
After a few minutes Kagome felt much better. Her family was whole again. Whatever Inuyasha had done seemed to have bonded them together. She could very faintly feel Sango and Miroku's emotions. They were both still angry at Sesshoumaru, yet overlapping that was happiness and contentment at being reunited.
She looked up and saw her friends sitting at the edge of the purple glow. She hugged Shippo, kissed Inuyasha's cheek, and pulled herself from his arms. As they pulled their auras back she turned to the girls.
“Sango, Miroku, I want you to meet my friends.” She hurried over and hugged each of them as they got to their feet. “You guys are great.”
“Why, we haven't done anything?” Eri said.
“Exactly, you could have freaked out about all of this insanity. Instead you've been supportive and stood back until I could explain. It means a lot to me that you haven't said I was crazy and left.”
“Kagome we're your friends,” Yuka said. “We're sorry for all the grief we've caused you over the years by not being very good friends. We're going to do our best from now on.”
“It's nice to know what you've been up to for the last four years though.” Ayumi added. “I always had a feeling you weren't sick.”
“Oi wench,” Inuyasha snaked his arm around Kagome's waist and nipped her neck. “Wrap this up and let's get back to the house. The pup and I are hungry.”
She chuckled and leaned into him.
“Is food all you think about?”
“No,” he nuzzled her neck, she blushed, “I used up a lot of energy with that blast though. And Shippo's growing so he can always eat.”
“Like you're not a bottomless pit, especially when it comes to ramen, let's hope your brother has some.” Her eyes clouded a bit at mention of the Taiyoukai. “Excuse me.”
She pulled out of Inuyasha's arms and walked over to Sesshoumaru. He looked down at her his face completely expressionless. Until an utter shock filled it when she slapped him.
“That's for being an ass and not even trying to tell me.”
He was even more shocked when she grabbed his face, pulled him down, and kissed his cheek. To top it all off she hugged him.
“Thank you for watching over them. I may or may not have believed you if you had told me. At least you got us here quickly so I could see them.” She released him and walked back into her mates arms. She could feel him shaking with suppressed laughter.
“Who's catching flies now Sesshoumaru?” Miroku laughed so hard he fell over.
Sesshoumaru snapped his mouth shut with a growl.
“Clean the mess monk.” He turned and started toward the house.
Miroku struggled to his feet.
“Gladly oh great Sesshoumaru,” he called with an exaggerated bow. He laughed again at Sesshoumaru's growl.
He looked at Inuyasha and Kagome.
“Any and all questions shall be answered when we return to the house.” He said in such a way as to annoy the hanyou. He then turned toward the torn field. “It's been over a hundred years since I've cleaned up a mess this big.” He held out his right hand. “Going to be fun,” he finished with a smirk as he pulled the prayer beads from his hand.
“KAZAANA!!”