InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dew Drops ❯ How do you go on? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: How do you go on?
By: XSMX
Theme: Letting Go
 
 
Standard disclaimers apply to all of these chapters.
 
 
 
“How do you go on?” a small voice came from behind the tree. A figure leaning on the other side shifted a little.
 
“What do you mean?” came his reply. The young woman who spoke first wiped a tear from her eye before continuing. Her voice, while still small, was heavy laden with much sadness.
 
“I mean, how do you go on with your life after losing love? How do you just up and move on when your soul mate has been torn from your grasp? How do go on?” she asked again. She clutched her arms around her body for some support, knowing she'd get it no other way.
 
“You just suck it up and go,” the young man threw a rock into the bushes. He didn't want to talk about it with her, but knew not to say anything. He had been pondering the thought as well, and had come to one conclusion.
 
“I'm not that strong though.”
 
“No, and neither am I, but somehow it'll all be okay. I mean, this happens all the time. People leave behind their loves for some reason or another and both of them have to go on. They have no choice but to suck it up, find other loves and be happy,” he shifted again. A part of him was happy he wasn't on her side of the tree so he couldn't see her tears. Another part wanted him to get over his pride and comfort her as she wept.
 
“They'll never love the same though, will they?” she cried. There was no way to stop the tears from falling anymore, no way to feel any better.
 
“Nope,” he tossed another rock into the bushes. He heard her stand up move away from the tree. Soon, her whispers reached his ears.
 
“You liar,” she whispered, thinking he had not heard. “They never feel true happiness again.”
 
She began walking away from the tree. Their tree. It had been the place of their first kiss, their first confession of love, and now, their first heartbreak. No longer could he pretend to be the strong one, no longer could he pretend he'd move on. No longer could the young man ever pretend he'd find the happiness he had shared with her. He did the only thing he could think of: he cried.
 
True love is the greatest feeling in the world, but it is the easiest lost. For there is no proper way to hold on to it: too tightly and it dies, to lightly and it slips away.