InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dew Drops ❯ Blessings ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Blessings
Theme: Death
 
 
 
She died.
 
Her funeral was during the week. The day she was buried the birds sang beautifully through the air, the sky was crystal clear, and a more beautiful day had never existed. This puzzled so many people because, try as they might, they couldn't find a reason to call it dreary. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't say they hated that day.
 
She died Wednesday.
 
They tried to find a flaw in the weather, but none existed. The sun wasn't too hot, and had enough warmth that no one was cold. The wind blew enough to keep people at a nice temperature, but not enough to mess up hair. There was no rain, no snow, no precipitation of any kind. There weren't even any clouds. The only thing they could even say was wrong, which in a sense the same wasn't at all, was that the full moon still shone bright in the beautiful blue sky.
 
She died Wednesday morning.
 
“Something here isn't right,” one would say while the other nodded. Paranoia finally taking over the small group. The whole day, everything was completely perfect. The perfection of the day was enough to drive even the sanest person over the edge, screaming head first into insanity.
 
“Why is it so beautiful today?” a young gentleman asked one of the elderly women in attendance. The woman looked up at him and smiled beautifully.
 
“Two lovers have found their way back to each other,” she replied. This earned a bewildered look from the young gentleman.
 
“Her husband is still alive though,” he pointed out. The old woman turned, a mischievous twinkling in her green eyes. She motioned for the man to lean in closer and whispered in his ear,
 
“Her husband was not the man she gave her heart to.” He gasped and turned away for a split second. When he turned back around, no one was standing there.
 
The processions went on without a hitch. She was buried in the ground on a hill under a large willow tree. Flowers were placed at her grave as everyone began to curse the perfect day. The young gentleman from before stood at the bottom of the hill and cast one last glance back at the grave. There, sitting atop her tombstone, was a red fox.
 
“She loved foxes,” the new widower whispered as he passed the man.
 
She died Wednesday morning, smiling.
 
Standing atop the hill, under the shade of a beautiful willow tree, stood four people that hadn't been there before. Two embraced each other in a long overdue hug, tears flowing from their eyes. The others waited their turn to embrace their long lost friend. Four friends were reunited, all under the watchful gaze of the fox's mischievous emerald eyes.
 
She was smiling, because she died.
 
A/N: I'm starting a little game here. Who is the elderly woman? Whoever is the first to guess it correctly, gets to pick the theme for my next drabble.