InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dog and Dragon ❯ Princess ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
As he ran through the palace, the humans cringed from him in fear.

He didn’t want human blood on his blade, only the blood of the boar youkai that had overrun the village. The merciless swine were his enemy just as they were enemies of the humans they oppressed.

But the humans saw no difference. They feared him even as his blade cut through countless demons, leaving humans uninjured his wake. His respect for the weight of life was the only thing keeping him from slaying the ungrateful bastards along with enemies.

An armored boar stood at the end of the hall, his back turned. He was hovering over a small figure and fingering a piece of her fine silk kimono.

Touga made quick work of beheading him. When the corpse fell to the ground he saw the girl he had saved.

She was young, perhaps no older than twelve. He expected her to cower like the rest, but she smiled instead.

“Thank you, my Lord,” the princess said, giving him a bow.

“Your name?” he asked.

“Izayoi, Sire.”

The Inu no Taisho felt his reserve slipping. Never had a human given him thanks or showed such respect. He heard with deaf ears as his name was shouted.

“Touga!” Ryuukotsusei said, skidding to a halt beside him. “The enemy is retreating! I have sent our men to pursue them! We must go!”

Ryuukotsusei gave him a forceful push, and it was only then that he was able to move again.