InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Doki Doki ❯ At First Sight ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Doki Doki
Disclaimer- I own nothing T.T
Chapter 1-At First Sight
 
A young girl of about eight, looked up from her social studies book in her third grade class room to find her teacher standing in front of the class with her hand behind a boy's back.
“Class…we have a new student today. Everyone, this is Miroku.” Ms. Turasu said.
“Hi Miroku!” The class responded in a sea of annoying high pitched voices.
“Hi…” Miroku said quietly.
“Miroku, why don't you take a seat next to Koji over there?” She asked leading him to a desk next to the fattest boy in the class.
“Hi, I'm Koji!” He reached out a hand to Miroku. Miroku looked at the hand and found it was covered in chocolate. He leaned over slightly and saw the boy had tons of candies in his desk. Miroku blinked once or twice before turning around.
The girl on his other side smiled and began to talk to him. “Hi, I'm Kasumi! You want to be my friend?” She asked, as her light brown locks draped down her shoulders.
Miroku smiled a perverted grin, “Yes and possibly something more…”
Kasumi gave him a dumb look, “huh?”
“Kasumi, Miroku!” The teacher snapped.
“Sorry.” They replied in unison.
The rest of the day went by slowly. Miroku noticed everyone already had friends. This must have come with starting school half way through the year. Once his father died, Miroku was sent to live with his uncle, Mushin, in Tokyo. Life here was much different from the farm he used to live on with his father. He gave a loud sigh and sat on he curb of the side walk as the other kids walked home. See, it wasn't that Miroku couldn't make friends, everyone wanted him to play with them, but he wanted something more out of people. When he lived on the farm, his best friend, Inuyasha, was different from these kids. Not because he was a half demon, but because he saw something inside Miroku, the thing Miroku wanted others to see as well. The boy. All his life, Miroku had been used to being the ladies man. His father would take him out to cabarets when he was only a baby. So, he picked it up quickly. The charm, the looks, and the adorable faces he could make. Yes, everyone thought he was lucky. An eight year old who could make women fall in love with him.
“But it's so annoying…” He said grumpily. “I don't want to be a ladies man, I just want to have a friend, not a girlfriend, just a friend.” Miroku looked up in shock at his own words. It was true, he hadn't ever had a friend aside from Inuyasha. Girls thought he was handsome and boys were so envious, they hated him. “Well, I shouldn't dwell on it too long, where's Mushin anyway?” He asked standing up.
………………………&# 8230;
“That's it ladies. Sorry, but Mushin has to go pick up his nephew.” Mushin said getting up out of his bed. The three women around him whined and begged him not to go. “Sorry, ladies. It comes with being a family man, you know.” He said grabbing some clothes to put on. The three ladies got dressed as well and whined as they walked out the door.
Mushin grumbled. “Ingrates! They weren't even good anyway.” He said running out the door and into his 1987 Pinto. “Well, Miroku, I'm coming.”
………………………
Miroku was about ready to just walk home until he saw a girl walking along the sidewalk. Dark chocolate colored hair and brown eyes to match. She was wearing a pink shirt and some blue jeans and holding her kitten. She looked to be about his age. Miroku gulped. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest. “What is this? It's just a girl.” He said looking down. He looked back up to see, she was gone. He gave the area a quick scan then a confused look crossed his features. `Did I imagine it?' He thought dumbly before Mushin scared him out of his reverie.
“Hey Miatsu! You ready to go home?” Mushin asked from the car.
“Mushin, my name is Miroku. Miatsu was my grandfather.” Miroku said dully. “Have you been drinking again?” He asked as the sent of sake filled his nostrils.
Mushin blinked, “I don't know what you're talking about.” He said as Miroku opened the door to the back seat and climbed in.
………………
Miroku sat in his room dazed and confused. Just who was that girl? And why was she so enticing? Miroku would have asked some one, but Mushin had already passed out on the couch. He crawled up in his bed. Maybe it was a sign. He was just talking about having friends and she appeared. He yawned before slowly falling asleep. Maybe tomorrow would be a better day.
…………….
Miroku prepared himself for another boring day as he set his things up. He could hear girls giggling incoherent things about him and looked up at the teacher. Just before class started, two girls walked in the room, one with raven black hair and grayish blue eyes and another with- It was her. The girl he saw yesterday. But, why was she here of all places. Miroku grabbed his head out of annoyance and groaned a bit. `What is wrong with me?' He thought to himself. Ms. Turasu's voice snapped him back to reality.
“And just where were you two ladies yesterday?” She asked.
The girl with raven black hair smiled. “Well, Sango and I were playing together this weekend and her brother was sick, so we both got sick and had to stay home yesterday.”
The girl with dark brown hair, or Sango as she was called, just nodded.
Ms. Turasu gave them a look just to make sure they weren't lying.
“Do you have a note to excuse yourselves, Kagome?” Kagome and Sango nodded and handed the teacher two pieces of paper. Ms. Turasu snatched them out of the young girls' hands and read them over. “Very well. Go sit down.”
Miroku watched as Sango made her way over to him. She looked at him confused then smiled.
Miroku smiled back hoping this was the very thing answering his prayers.
Sango opened her mouth and shouted. “Ms. Turasu! There's a weird boy in my seat!” The whole class laughed.
Ms. Turasu turned and smiled. “Oh, that's right! Miroku, I'm sorry, come back up here please.” Miroku walked back up to the front of the room and sulked a bit. Both because he was embarrassed, and because this girl didn't seem to be as nice as he was hoping.
“Sango, Kagome, this is Miroku.” She said. Kagome walked up to the front of the room and shook his hand smiling.
“Hi there!” She said sweetly. “I'm Kagome Higurashi!”
Miroku smiled and nodded.
Sango also walked up to the front and shook his hand.
“I'm Sango Taijiya.” She said softly.
“I'm Miroku Houshi.” He said back to her and was pleased when she blushed slightly.
“Umm…nice to meet you, Miroku.” She said uncomfortably.
“Nice to meet you too.” He responded feeling a bit more confident now that this girl wanted to have a conversation with him.
“Miroku?” She asked.
“Yes?”
“You can let go of my hand now…” She said turning red.
The rest of the class made a weird “Aww…” noise Miroku found annoying.
“Sorry,” He said dropping her hand. `Great going, ya idiot! Now she thinks you're a freak!' He scolded himself.
“Miroku, why don't you sit in the seat behind Koji? It's empty, I'm sure.” Ms. Turasu said reading over the seating chart.
“Alright.” He walked to the seat behind Koji and sat down just as a putrid smell came.
Sango coughed after it filled her nose. She turned around and giggled softly at the face Miroku was making, he looked like he was going to puke.
Miroku turned to look at her and she quickly turned back to the front of the class.
`What's with him? He's like… so weird. He just smiles at me every time he sees me!' She cleared her throat as Ms. Turasu started taking attendance. She looked in the seat and saw Kasumi smiling sweetly at him. `Maybe he's looking at her…'
…………………
Recess finally came and Sango was relieved she'd get to spend some time with Kagome. Sure, they'd gotten sick after playing together, but she hadn't seen her friend in a while. Kagome had just gotten back from London when she got sick.
Kagome walked up to Sango and glanced at Miroku sitting all alone on a swing.
“Why do you think no one's playing with him?” Kagome asked.
“Who?” Sango turned and saw him too. “I don't know.”
“We should go talk to him.” Kagome grabbed Sango's hand and walked over to Miroku.
“Miroku. Is it alright if we sit with you?” Sango asked.
Miroku looked up and smiled at her. “Sure.”
`There he goes again…smiling like a maniac.'
Kagome smiled at the sight before her. “Hey Sango, I'm going to play with Kasumi for a bit. You stay here alright?”
Sango nodded. “Okay.”
“So, Sango…do you live around here?” Miroku asked.
“Yeah. Do you?” She asked.
He nodded. “I live with my uncle nowadays.”
“Why?” Sango asked.
“My father and mother are both dead. My mother died while giving birth to me and my father died recently in a car accident.”
“Oh, I'm sorry.” Sango put a hand on his back and had small tears in her eyes.
“My mother died when I was young too.” She said. “She had been shot by a man driven mad by jealousy. He had fallen in love with my mother, but my mother was already married to my father. So, out of anger, he shot and killed her.”
Miroku looked over at her. “Well, we come from the same kind of past.”
Sango nodded as a tear fell down her cheek.
“Hey, don't cry, alright.” Miroku wiped the tear away with his thumb. “At least you have people who love and care about you.”
Sango lip trembled and she hugged Miroku.
Miroku was a bit shocked by this but hugged her back. “Don't tell anyone, please.”
“About what?” He asked.
“My mother dying like that. No one but you and Kagome knows.” She let him go and giggled at his tear stained shirt. Miroku smiled.
“Lets go inside. It's about to rain.” Miroku said taking her hand.
Sango smiled and followed him in.
 
A/N: Yeah, I know Sango might have come on a bit strong with the hug, but hey…she's 8 years old. So, I decided to go ahead and just write a new story…actually this story is for my Sango and Miroku site (whenever I get it built) So, woo hoo! This is like just so weird. I mean…there are plenty of Kagome and Inuyasha fanfics like this but no Sango and Miroku ones and I really was wondering why. Most of the events in this story have happened to me (me=Sango) but with different people. However some of them have not I.E. my mother dying. Anyway, doesn't matter! So, this will be my last AN for this story. I really shouldn't have to explain things. Well, Miroku doesn't live in a rich house because Mushin has a drinking problem and spends all his money on sake. And yes, Miroku was in a cabaret when he was 8 (in the series). Well a sorta cabaret. I don't know. Anyway, R&R ^^