InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Call Me Beautiful ❯ What Being a Girl Entails… ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 ~ What Being a Girl Entails…
 
Inuyasha, being the insolent wretch he is, was the first able to speak. “Sesshoumaru!” he said. “When did you become a girl?” Stupid half-breed. I smirk. Since when are my affairs any of his business? Inuyasha takes my smirk the wrong way and says, “Gods, Sesshoumaru, you didn't do this on purpose, did you?”
 
I give him my best glare to put him in his place. “Foolish half-breed.”
 
Inuyasha laughs, “Ha ha ha, at least now I can beat you Sesshomaru! There's no way I could lose to you like that!”
 
I roll up the sleeves of my kimono, grateful of the fact that I had taken the time to heal my left arm. It had certainly taken long enough. It'd be an arm for an arm if I had anything to say about it. Maybe today I would get my chance. I took a step forward, and to my utter surprise and dismay, his wench stood in his path! He allows his wenches to be so disrespectful? If it was I, she would have died where she stood.
 
But Inuyasha is soft. He cannot be expected to follow proper demon protocol. That is why he is a blot on our family line. I think that it is the human in him that makes him act in such a way. Stupid humans. All those emotions. It really is quite sickening.
 
The wench glares at Inuyasha. Inuyasha glares right back at his wench. “JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, KAGOME?” he shouts. “OUTTA MY WAY!”
 
She says, “No.”
 
If I was a little less reserved, I'd be laughing right about now. Instead, I content myself by watching this amusing little charade that is going on before me.
 
“Whaddaya mean, no?” Inuyasha growls. “Outta my way, NOW Kagome---or I'll go THROUGH you!!!”
 
He would do no such thing. The stupid hanyou is all talk. The wench gets mad and shouts, “SIT” in a shrill soprano that makes me wish to cover my ears. “SIT BOY! SIT BOY! SIT SIT SIT!!!”
 
Yet another Inu-crater has formed in the dry earth. Inuyasha looks rather dizzy at this point. Those vacant eyes have grown even more vacant as he tries to get out of the hole. “Why…wouldn't you just…get out of the way?”
 
“You cannot hit a girl!” the wench announces. “Never! Not out of my presence and definitely not in it!”
 
I wonder if she knows what he did to his last wench. He had no problem getting rid of her. Just attacked her for the jewel shard. Ended up killing her later. Then the miko hag came back in the form of a clay pot. Stupid brother of mine doesn't seem to care. The old miko hag reeks of death and I wonder how he can stand to be around her.
 
Hmph.
 
“Wench,” I say coldly. “I have no need for your pity. Step aside!”
 
“See that Kagome?” Inuyasha asks. “The bastard wants to fight! Now step aside like the bastard says and let me at him!”
 
Bastard…I see only one, and he is standing right before me. It is he who befouls our family tree. Him and his mother. His mother is dead, but her offspring remains.
 
“No,” the wench says firmly. She has not budged from her defensive stance. It is a laugh that a mere human wench thinks that she can defend me.
 
The taijiya wench comes up and says, “I agree with Kagome. It isn't right to attack a girl…no matter…eh…um…” she doesn't appear to know what to say without insulting me. The taijiya appears to be the wisest of the group.
 
I catch her monk companion staring at me. I raise an eyebrow.
 
“Pardon me, miss, but would you---”
 
Before he can finish this statement, the taijiya bashes him over the head with her boomerang. “YOU (bash) IDIOT! THAT'S NO ORDINARY GIRL (bash) THAT'S SESSHOUMARU! (bash) HE CAN MURDER YOU, (bash) IDIOT!”
 
The monk merely grins through this punishment as though he enjoys it.
 
Lecherous monk.
 
The monk continues grinning even after the taijiya puts the boomerang away. The taijiya casts a nervous glance at me and says, “Would you stop that? You're setting yourself up for a suicide mission, Miroku.”
 
“I can't help it,” he says, “She's beautiful.”
 
Beautiful? Me? It is a description I do not often have applied to me, at least not to my face. Naraku had used the term, but I had imagined that he was using it to mock me, foul creature that he is.
 
Beautiful?
 
Am I really?
 
I get up and start walking away. I don't know where. It does not matter where. I wish to be alone with my thoughts, for the moment. Out of the forest clearing to a tree by a river. I sit down and stare at my reflection.
 
A pair of gold eyes stares back at me. Am I beautiful? I don't want to be. It sounds so weak…
 
I lean back against the tree and close my eyes. I wonder where Rin is. She's probably making flowery creations for Jaken, who is probably fleeing in terror while trying to still keep a proper eye on her. I smile at the thought. It never ceases to amuse me: a horrendous toad dressed up like a festival ornament.
 
Sleep starts to come over me and I welcome that black abyss, went I feel a hand on my shoulder. Who dares? I grab the hand so that the offender can not get away and open my eyes.
 
It's the wench. Inuyasha's wench.
 
“What do you want, wench?” I ask tiredly, letting go of her hand, wiping it on my kimono.
 
“Eh…well…” she seems uncharacteristically humble. “I just er..wanted to apologize for Inuyasha's behavior. He's sorry, too.”
 
Inuyasha apologizes for nothing. The wench is lying to me.
 
I turn away from her, so that she is talking to my back. I watch the wind stir through the leaves of the trees and wonder how long it will be until the wench leaves.
 
“Sessh—lord Sesshoumaru? Um…”
 
Is she still here?
 
Why does she sound so nervous?
 
What is this feeling of dread in my stomach?
 
“Wench,” I say, acknowledging her without turning.
 
“Um…do you know…what being a girl…um…entails?”
 
“I am not in the mood, wench.” I feel…irritated. More than usual, even. I feel like screaming at something…primarily Inuyasha. I am not happy in this form and I am mad and it is the world's fault for bringing it upon me.
 
My god…what is this? This is not me.
 
“Yes,” the wench says awkwardly. “That's part of it. Irritation, right?”
 
She has my attention. I turn around and stare at her and she takes that as her cue to continue. What follows is nauseating. Something about cycles…blood…emotion. The wench is being absolutely disgusting.
 
“Go away wench,” I say, leaning against the tree once more.
 
I hear her leave. Good.
 
Stupid wench.
 
This tree is nice. Calm. The rushing of the water calms my nerves. Who cares what the wench was talking about? The making up of words… after all, there really isn't such a thing as PMS.
 
I fall asleep, smiling.
 
Stupid wench. Trying to fool this Sesshoumaru.
 
Impossible.