InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Call Me Beautiful ❯ I Need a New Kimono ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 ~ I Need a New Kimono
 
He had turned me into a woman…how? And why? I had no idea, and I had the feeling that I probably didn't want to know. With a low growl (except it wasn't exactly low anymore) I got to my feet and looked around. There was no one else in sight. Good. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of being stuck in this form, but if anyone asked, I didn't care.
 
Damn. The haori slipped again. What I really needed right now was some new clothes. Perhaps there was a village close by. I could take what I needed and be on my way. It was a good plan.
 
I continued on my way, still feeling slightly tired. The village was sunny and bright with little brats running around chasing each other and as rough as a lower-class demon seeking out its prey. Rin would never be so low strung, I thought with a note of pride. She had been trained with respect. Not many humans could say the same thing. I paused to glare at a human child who was staring at me.
 
“Oh you poor dear!”
 
I wondered who she was talking to. Another human woman? Gods, there were so many of them. Then she put her hand on my arm and I realized with a jolt that she was talking to me. To me! This Sesshoumaru does not tolerate being called `poor' or `dear' never mind both used in the same breath. I opened my mouth to tell her so, but the mouthy woman beat me to it.
 
“Just look at you. Poor dear. Just look at the state of your clothing. Did your husband hurt you?”
 
Just look at her clothing. Rags. And if any mate of mine raised a hand against me they would not live to tell the tale. Still, I said nothing and contemplated killing her if she refused to silence herself willingly. Perhaps it was a good thing I held my tongue because she gave me some clothes and food. I should say forced upon me. I did not wish to take it. This Sesshoumaru is not a charity case.
 
The new kimono fit well. It was a deep blue and not as fine as I was used to, but suitable for my current situation. I continued on my way, not saying goodbye to the woman, she was a human after all. I soon found myself back in the forest, only a different part this time. It was starting to get dark. What hour was it? How much time had passed? This feeling of not knowing was surely one of the worst things I had experienced.
 
No…the thing I smelled now was surely the worst thing I had experienced. The scent…of Inuyasha.
 
“Curse it,” I muttered. I did not wish him to see me now in this state. Yet he was still only a half-demon with a whore of a mother. I still had that, and could use it against him. That would probably result in a fight in which I would kick his ass as usual. Damn half-breed. I smirked contemptuously. Even in the midst of crisis, I could plan. It was good to know.
 
“That was too close,” the monk said. “He almost took Inuyasha's head off.”
 
“If it would mean taking off his mouth too, then I think we'd all be a little relieved,” the little Kitsune said. I had to smirk at this. It was true.
 
Inuyasha got mad and started whaling on the kitsune. His wench got mad at this and shouted, “SIT” which made him fall to the ground. Then, she said it a few more times until there was a crater in the ground taking off his form. He was moping in the crater when he suddenly hopped to his feet and said, “I smell Sesshoumaru.”
 
He only just smelled me? The noses of half demons must've been worse than I had origionally thought.
 
I slowly stepped out of the trees and Inuyasha froze when he saw me. His mouth had been drawn in a grim line, but now it just hung open, gathering flies. It made him look stupid…well, even more stupid, than he really was. Hard to believe that mangy cur is my half-brother.
 
His friends stopped and looked around to see what he was looking at. When they saw me, they stared on in dumb shock too. It was obvious, that there was going to be a lot of explaining to do.