InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Down the Well and Back Again ❯ Naraku's Family ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any other characters except for Sakura, Sora and Hayato. The setting is not mine either.
 
I am back from vacation. Disney is so one of my favorite places. Anyway, sorry for the wait on the chapter. I would like to thank Vejhed, Spikecicle, Sovereignty, blackr0s3, meghannnn, MizuhoK and Anime-Eyes for post views. I really like the feed back. Now, on with the chapter.
 
 
 
Down The Well and Back Again
Chapter 3
Naraku's Family
 
 
Dirty Little Secret
By ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS

Let me know that I've done wrong
When I've known this all along
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret

Who has to know
When we live such fragile lives
It's the best way we survive
I go around a time or two
Just to waste my time with you

Tell me all that you've thrown away
Find out games you don't wanna play
You are the only one that needs to know

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret

Who has to know
The way she feels inside (inside)
Those thoughts I can't deny (deny)
These sleeping thoughts won't lie (won't lie)
And all I've tried to hide
It's eating me apart
Trace this life out

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret)

I'll keep you my dirty little secret
(Dirty little secret)
Don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret
(Just another regret, hope that you can keep it)
My dirty little secret
Dirty little secret
Dirty little secret

Who has to know
Who has to know
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
         Inuyasha had always been known for his temper. It wasn't one of his best qualities. It was a weakness, the center of distraction for him. As he stood there staring straight at a totally frightened Kagome, he failed to notice who and what Sango was trying to hide behind her back. At the moment he only had eyes for her. It had been 7 years since he had heard from her and he never knew why the woman now standing before him left.
 
 
          The Demon inside of Inuyasha kept saying, `Take her! Show her to where she belongs.' He paid no heed to his inner demon, but neither did he move forward. He stood there stuck in a staring contest. His human kept shouting, `Do something moron! Say something.' And all the words in the world seemed to leave his tong in that instant.
 
 
         Kagome was in one word, torn. So many emotions swam through her head; she became over whelmed. Scared, angry, guilty and nauseous where the strongest emotions that happened to be ripping through her at the moment. The air smelled of cherry blossoms. `Why am I thinking of cherry blossoms at a time like this?' thought Kagome as her world started to spin. Was it just her or did the temperature just sky rocket past 100 degrees?
 
 
         Inuyasha's scowl was beginning to falter. `Is Kagome sick? She seems to be turning…paler?' Like most men, he had to much pride for his own good. So what did he do about it? Nothing, ignorance is bliss. “Hello Kagome, what brings you here, certainly not me?” His voice was harsh and cold. Kagome realized he was not going to give her any leeway. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she gathered herself as best as she could before addressing the arrogant half demon.
 
 
          & nbsp;  “Hello Inu, long times no see.” Inuyasha noticed Kagome's smile as she spoke. There was a chilling fault with the gesture. It did not reach her eyes, a mere mask over her emotions. It was always like Kagome to be polite. “That's correct, no see and it should have stayed like that.” Inuyasha's reply caused a shudder to go down Kagome's spine. It had sounded more like a growl than anything else. “Don't call me that. Why did you come back and then try to leave with out showing your face?” Barked Inuyasha, “Huh, Bitch?” Kagome was over whelmed by the question he shot at her. `How the hell am I suppose to answer that?' Four emotions threatened to take her to lala land, but then he HAD to open his big mouth, like usual. And it always ended in the same way.
 
 
          & nbsp;   Folding her arms over her chest she marched over to him and glared up into his eyes. He stood at least a head taller, so the stunt had little affect on him, but Kagome made up for that in volume. “Bitch, BITCH! Don't you dare call me a bitch. You have no right!” His eyes gave away the hurt the hanyou felt. `Hurt? Why would he feel hurt?' Kagome became very confused and lost her motivation. She just stood in front of Inuyasha, staring at him, arms crossed.
 
 
          & nbsp;  Inuyasha's ears went flat against his head. He had forgotten how load Kagome could be. “No right?” growled Inuyasha, “Your wrong on that. I have all the right in the world.” He turned on his heal and began walking away. That's when something caught his eye and stopped him from leaving. He was seeing his reflection as a child, if he were a girl, that is. `Why does that child look like me?' He sniffed the air, `She carries the entwined scent of me and Kagome. What's going on?' He walked closer to the child and knelt down at eye level. Looking at Kagome's horrified face and then to Sango's blank one he spoke. “Hello pup, why are you here?”
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
          & nbsp; The small child, looked at him and then to Kagome. She gave him a once over and ignored his question. Over the last years, Inuyasha had to father Shippo, since Kagome up and left. That taught him manners and how to deal with children and he would never say it, but it softened him. If Shippo or anybody for that matter ignored him, he would not tolerate it. But as the child spoke to him he felt unexplainable compassion, and ignored the ignored question.
 
 
           Sakura offered- the man she recognized as Inuyasha from her vision- her hand and introduced her self. Her mom said politeness worked. So if her mommy was correct, she could get the answers, she wanted, out in the open. “Hi my name is Sakura. Is yours Inuyasha?”
 
 
           Inuyasha had a sickening feeling. This girl looked to be about six years old. His memory was vivid as he remembered the day before Naraku's defeat. It was mating season and Kagome was in heat. `Oh no……' thought Inuyasha. He and Kagome had never brought it up. They both wanted relief at the time and now… he hoped it wasn't what he began to expect this to be. Some where in his head he wanted to be correct, in a very twisted way. “Hello Sakura, how do you know me?” The little girl hesitated to reply to the hanyou's question. Looking at her mother and Sango, gave her no help; both where waiting anxiously to hear her answer.
 
 
          She crossed her arms and stated proudly, “In my visions of course, Daddy. When I stuck my finger through the hole in the God tree, I saw you and Mommy. She screened `Inuyasha…. Sit!' and you kissed the dirt!” Sakura giggled and everyone else stared at her in disbelief. `How'd she know that?' thought Kagome.
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
          `Sakura defiantly had Inuyasha's attitude' thought Sango. She remembered that day Inuyasha and Kagome got into a sexist fight over a hot dog. `How the hell did that happen?' Sango still wondered to this day. Sango looked at Inuyasha and Kagome, `May be I should get Sakura out of here before the fighting hits.' And that is when all hell broke loose… Miroku has the worst timing!
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
          & nbsp; When Miroku had Kirara land by the well, he could see he came at the wrong time. Inuyasha picked up a female child. She resembled him and to Miroku, it was obvious the child was Inuyasha's. He also got the picture that Kagome was the mother by the glare he shot her and by the way she turned away. Shippo jumped off the fire cat as Kirara transformed into her smaller size.
 
 
          Everyone turned to look at them at once. The small girl looked over at them. She addressed them as if they where street bums. “Who are you? What are you?” She wiggled out of Inuyasha's arms and walked over to Miroku. “Why are you wearing a dress?” Miroku was surprised by that. The girl tugged on his robs, “Are you gay or are you a cross dresser?”
 
 
         “Sakura!” scolded Kagome. Sango looked on with her mouth gaping like a fish. Inuyasha and Shippo could be found rolling on the ground with tears of laughter in their eyes. `Yep,' thought Miroku, `this was definitely Inuyasha's child.' He looked down at her angelic face and replied, “Neither, I am a monk.” He tried to say it with as much pride as he had left, but ended up looking pathetic. He knew he should have listened to his mother and become a business man. He was always very good at charming people.
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
       Sakura walked in front of Shippo and smirked. `She had to steel that from Inuyasha' though the fox demon. Shippo's head was now past Miroku's waste, and he kept growing taller each week. He looked down warily at the girl that was half his age. As he gave her a forced smile, she walked away and over to Kagome. “We came in at a bad time didn't we?” asked Shippo. Sango looked at him and nodded her head. “Ya think?”
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
       “Sakura, that wasn't nice at all! Miroku is a monk, which is why he wears those robes.” Scolded Kagome as she explained to her child. “Where did you even learn those terms> Never use them again!” Inuyasha stared on. It was true; this girl named Sakura was his child. Kagome never told him. She just left. He knew why she left now, she could never love a half bred. He would make her, though, with time. Besides, she wasn't the only one with dirty little secrets.
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
       It seemed everyone had secrets, these days. Even Kagura, for she had two men. Kagura flew out of the forest and off west, going far into the western lands. She knew that Lady Sora, Naraku's sister, would have quite a bit to say to her. She let Inuyasha's bitch through the well- she was suppose to destroy, accidentally left her alive and then slipped up by telling Kagome of Sora's presence. `Opps, oh well,' thought Kagura, `The day can't get any worse.' Then it did. About half way across the land of the west, territory of the great Lord Seshommaru, the sky opened up its clouds. `Great! Here comes the rain. No doubt Sora sent it to punish me. Now I have to walk.' The name Sora meant sky in Japanese and that made Sora's name fit her just fine. She was a hanyou, just like Naraku, who controlled the sky's weather pattern and the air in the atmosphere. Sora's power resembled the wind demon's power, but only just.
 
 
           Kagura landed her feather and placed it back in her hair. She started walking. It was going to take more than an hour to get back to Sora's mansion. Kagura had only walked a little ways when Seshommaru appeared in front of her. `Great, this is going to be trouble!'
 
 
          & nbsp;  “Kagura, the wind witch of the east, you have been trespassing on my lands for a couple days now. May I inquirer why?” Seshommaru's tone gave no room for argument as he told her what to do. She didn't like that. She didn't like that at all. Kagura was known for her taunting and it got her into trouble… a lot. This just happened to be one of those times. “No you may not, I am not your bitch or hoe so don't order me around!” She moved to walk past him, but a green whip lashed in her path…Seshommaru's poisonous whip. It came again, but before it could strike her path, Kagura swung out her fan and hurtled a gust of wind his way, successfully countered his attack.
 
 
          & nbsp;  With out humor, Seshommaru smiled and started circling Kagura like she was his prey. Casually he said, “I care to disagree.” He turned to her, “You have belonged to me ever since that day at the river 7 years ago making you my bitch. You have my sent all over you. You should not forget it. When Sora is done with you, I shall begin with you.”
 
 
          & nbsp;   “To bad, I am afraid not. You see, I have made plans with Sora's guest. Between you and me- he is much cuter. He isn't fluffy.” That blow was a little under the belt, she could see it in his eyes. With out warning, Seshommaru launched forward and kissed her hard on the lips. The kiss was demanding and fierce. Kagura loved his kiss, it was so exhilarating.
 
 
          & nbsp;     He pulled back and ripped apart her shirt. “I suppose you haven't showed him this? I am sure this Lord would not want a woman who is already being courted by another demon.” Spoke Seshommaru, relatively calm considering what had just passed between the two. Kagura herself was panting as she turned her gaze to what Seshommaru was looking at. There on her collar bone was a purple hicky.
 
          & nbsp;     Kagura smiled, “Well, looks like you'll just have to tell him, now won't you?” Seshommaru gave her a dark look and said, “I am not going to play this game of yours. I might be courting you, but it is your duty to show others that.”
 
 
“And if I don't uphold my duty?”
 
 
“Then you won't like the way I show the Demon Lord that you are mine.”
 
 
“And how would that be?”
 
 
              At that question Seshommaru smirked. “Do you really want to know?” He whispered in her ear. His hot breath fanning over Kagura's ears, sending a shiver down her back as goose bumps appeared on her arms and legs. Kagura swallowed the lump in her throat in response. Seshommaru liked that. “I'll show you…”
 
 
          & nbsp; And he took her right there and then on the forest floor. They lie there afterward as Kagura started salvaging her cloths. “You know,” started Kagura as her feather lifted in the air, “According to the rules of courting, a female can be courted by several males at once and then chose the one she likes the best. I have no intention of dropping the Demon Lord or you. So get use to it!” Kagura smiled, that should ruffle his feathers enough until their next meeting.
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
          & nbsp; Sora drummed her long dark blue finger nails on the table as she impatiently waited for Kagura to arrive. Across from her sat a Demon Lord from the main land, her guest. He was courting Kagura, her brother's creation, and paying in jewels to be aloud to do so. Kagura was technically her sister, but hey, what did she care? “Lady Sora, your beautiful and I would hate to see you pretty nails get ruined by the infernal tapping on the table.”
 
 
          & nbsp; Indeed Lady Sora was beautiful. She was tall with hair of the sun and eyes of the sky. Her skin was smooth and pale, but if you looked closely you could see small pimples all over her face. No one is perfect.
 
 
          & nbsp; Just then the door slid open and in came Kagura. Sora noticed that she was wearing a new outfit. “Kagura,” Sora started, “what happened to the cloths you were wearing this morning?”
 
 
           “They got a little…torn up…” replied Kagura coolly.
 
 
          A cough came from the corner. “Right how rude of me. ” Said Sora, “Kagura, Hayato and I have been waiting. First off, you didn't succeed; second, you let my presence be known and third off, YOU BLOODY LEFT HER ALIVE!!! If you think I am mad, that is an understatement! I can't believe you…where is your head today?” Sora was definitely having a hissy fit nearing the end of her speech. One good thing about being a girl is manipulation, which is exactly what she has been doing with Hayato. Sure it was down right wrong, but she couldn't care less. Just one of the privileges of being courted and hey, Sora was the one milking his money for all he is worth.
 
 
          & nbsp; Kagura shot a desperate help me face over to Hayato and got fast results. “Sora, why don't you calm down? I am sure she didn't notice. When we were watching through the mirror, she seemed in a rush to get somewhere that she probably forgot.” At thoughs words Sora calmed visibly on the outside, but she still had inner turmoil. Sora didn't want to bother with Inuyasha, but it was her duty to get revenge on him for her brother. She always hated Naraku, though.
 
 
           Kagura looked on. Sora was always such a baby about things and she never was a good leader, but still better then Naraku. Of course Sora was probably going to get them all killed. Seshommaru was going to bring her to death in the end. Lately, she was testing him and not to mention he had a truce with Inuyasha now. Oh well you can't live for ever.
 
 
          & nbsp; With Hayato southing Sora and Kagura last in her thoughts, no one noticed Kanna enter the room. She stood at her sister's side and called in a whisper, “Sora…Lady Sora, the seer is here and she is a witch.”
 
 
           As Sora and Kanna left the room, Hayato turned a predator's gaze on Kagura. “I guess it's just you and me babe.”
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
          “Inuyasha wait! Turn around right now! You just can't walk away from me without saying a thing about our child! INUYASHA!!!” screamed Kagome as she stomped after Inuyasha who was walking straight for the God Tree. Sango, Miroku and Shippo watched the two go and turned to the 6 year old who currently had a very familiar smirk on her face.

“Well it looks like it's just me and you three, with no mommy around.” Sakura looked up at the group with the most angelic face. “Well, see you later sweet heart, pregnant lady coming through.” Sango walked away with Shippo fallowing, calling out, “I think I hear Kaede calling me in the distance. Just like that, Miroku was abandoned.
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
It was dark in the small well hut. Seshommaru stood there with a silently crying Mrs. Higurashi. A toad like man left as Seshommaru held the old woman as she cried. “Is there anything else we can do for her Seshommaru-sama?” They both turned to the sound of a woman's voice. “There is none. We will just have to let the events role out and hope for the best.”
 
 
“Thank you Ms. Kagura, for your knowledge…and help, I guess.” Stated Sukie unsure if she should thank her for trying to stop Kagome from going into the past and then sending her there from the future.
 
 
“Mrs. Kagura-“
 
 
“Seshommaru,” interrupted Kagura. She smiled at Sukie Higurashi. “Your Welcome, I made many mistakes when I was younger.” The salon look on the woman's face made Sukie sad and her heart went out to the woman. Just then the butler, Seshommaru called Jaken, walked in and said, “Lord Seshommaru, pardon me, but if we don't leave in five minutes we'll be late.” Mrs. Higurashi had to admit, he did look like a toad.
 
 
Kagura stepped up to the well. The wind witch murmured a few words and the well sealed under her touch. She turned to look at the old woman who was now a dear friend, “Just make sure Kagome does not come through the well in the next 48 hours. You should be all in the clear then.”
 
 
Sukie Higurashi watched as the two walked out of the well and drove away in a limo. Souta stood at his mother's side. “I keep wondering if we did the right thing Souta.”
 
 
Souta kissed his mother's forehead as he steered her toward the door. “We did mom, if we hadn't Kagome would have died the instant Inuyasha had and you know it.” Son and Mother disappeared that rainy spring night into a house that felt so…empty.
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
Inuyasha walked straight ahead, completely ignoring the shouts of the beautiful woman behind him. She must have worked out because she was keeping up with him pretty nicely. So far, Kagome had yet to sit him, but he wouldn't hold his breath on that one. Finally they reached the God tree. As he prepared to jump onto its limbs the killer words came out of her mouth. `Great, I jinxed myself' thought Inuyasha as he plummeted toward the earth.
 
 
 
 
“Sit Boy!” cried Kagome. It was hard keeping up with Inuyasha. She now looked like a mess. In her hair hung leaves and her face was read, her cloths disheveled and eyes a blaze. “God damn you! Inuyasha, you will listen to me. Don't you dare walk away from me like that when I am talking- you no that I hate that!”
 
 
“Don't walk away from you? Why not? You walked away from me, Shippo and the rest of the group! I had to raise Shippo; Sango mothered him while he cried for a week! So don't come in hear like the Queen of Sheba!” He had done it big time. Inuyasha could see tears in Kagome's eyes. `Great, I hate it when woman cry.'
 
 
Kagome was at the edge of letting her tears wash her away. `He did not just go there!' But he had and she knew it. How could he still affect her so? “I never ment to hurt you-“
 
 
“But you did, you hurt a lot of people. Kaede was the only one who remained unaffected.” It hurt Kagome to hear that, Kaede had been like the Grandmother she never had and still was. “I see it is a no wonder now. She some how knew you would come back. Her soothing words all make sense now.” Those words made Kagome fell better; at least one person didn't totally resent her. “And what is up with not telling me about our child and don't say she is not because it is pretty obvious Sakura is.”
 
 
“I was-”
 
 
“-not thinking where you? Ever think I would want to be in my own daughter's life?” At this point in the argument Kagome could get no word in edge wise as Inuyasha's anger took over. “And to top that off, you try to run away when you have the balls to sho-“
 
 
“SHUT-UP!” screamed Kagome, “You need to calm down and stop interrupting me! I left, not to hurt you, but for reasons of my own. I am sorry I hurt you. You on the other hand were too rapped up mourning your beloved Kikyo. I left, end of story. Feel happy you know your daughter because I had no intent of introducing you two. The only reason I am here is for Sakura to learn how to keep her powers in check. Now if you'll excuse me.” With that said she walked away as if the encounter hadn't fazed her. The only hint of the conversation was the clenched fists at her side.
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
He had done it again. He had gone in the fight to make her his mate and come out looking like an idiot, watching the victor come out with the trophy. As he saw Kagome, the love of his life- the one person who showed him true passion, walk away he knew he couldn't let her have the last words.
 
 
Maybe it was his anger talking or it could have been his own. Dumb. Luck. Then again we were talking about the demon that had poked the skunk to figure out what it was. Well, it was clear he now knew what a skunk was and that he had no common sense.
 
 
“Kagome! KAGO-”
 
 
“Sit boy.” Murmured Kagome, unfortunately for Inuyasha, it was just load enough for him to hear with the help of his demonic ears. The very ears Kagome was always itching to touch, and rub. Sometimes she just wanted to- No. Her mind was getting off track.
 
 
“Leave me alone Inuyasha, with Kaede's help I'll be gone before you know it. Till then keep your resent in check.” Inuyasha sat up spitting dirt from his mouth. “It's not over till the fat lady sings. Mark my words.” With that said, he disappeared, jumping into the horizon.
 
 
Kagome walked back toward Kaede's hut. There was lots to do and the sun was rising more each minute from were Inuyasha disappeared on the horizon. That's when she came upon the site where the well sat. If only Sango hadn't left Sakura with Miroku.
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
 
Sora stood in the center of a room which had no windows and no doors. Tall like a tower, the room was out of cold marble. An old witch sat in front of Sora. A mysterious whipped through the room, carrying an evergreen like smell. The witch held leaves and twigs in her hand. She started whispering and chanting. It went on and on as the chant grew louder and louder. Until Lady Sora could stand the infernal noise no more. That's when it stopped.
 
 
Standing up, the old woman waved her hands first east then south. Turning north she waved her hands and then the same to the west. Finally she faced Sora and said, “We ask for the sign of the FUTURE!” The old witch dropped the leaves straight to the floor onto Kanna's mirror.
 
 
“Go on Lady Sora, pier onto what the future holds for you.” Sora gazed at the leaves and twigs, but all she saw was the objects arranged in an angle like figure holding wheat in her hands. Then the strangest thing happened. She turned to the witch, but her image was disappearing into vapor. The wind howled, coming from no particular direction.
 
 
“They will call you Virgo, the Virgin,” came a voice inside her head. It strangely sounded like the witches. The world started to spin. Sora could barely see straight and then- she couldn't.
 
 
Looking around herself she noticed her surroundings. She sat in her bed room, with Kanna standing in front of her. “Leave me,” said Sora in a wiry voice. What did the old witch mean?
 
 
~^~^~*~^~^~
 
So how did you like it? Please tell me in a review. I f you have any ideas for the story, email me at i_wonder_y92@yahoo.com. I currently at a road block. For those of you who don't know, Virgo is a constellation in the sky which is also called the virgin. Look it up on the internet and you will find a picture of a young woman with wings holding wheat in her hands. I am also looking for a profile for a new character, if you have an idea, again email me. I most likely will use your idea. Oh and last thing, any song ideas- yeah, yeah, I know; EMAIL ME PLEASE!!!