InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles and Babbles ❯ Better Safe than Sorry ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This was another one for the drabble challenge…theme this time was protection. ::snicker::
 
 
“But Kagome,” Inuyasha whined.
 
She shook her head. “No buts about it, Inuyasha. You have to wear it.”
 
He was going to pout, she was sure of it. “It's customary in my time,” she explained. “It's for both of our protection and there's nothing unmanly about it.”
 
His ears twitched unhappily. “But I won't be able to feel anything, not with that…that thing on my…”
 
She raised her hand to stop his protests. “You want me to do this, don't you?”
 
“Yes,” he answered, a sullen edge to his voice.
 
“Then you must wear it. We're still after Naraku, neither us wants to have an accident, right?”
 
“But I promise to be careful,” he complained. “I swear, I won't slip up and…”
 
Kagome sighed and folded her arms. “The discussion is over, Inuyasha,” she told him with authority in her tone. He knew she couldn't be budged. She was such a stubborn girl.
 
“Fine,” he snapped, taking it from her. “Show me how to put it on.”
 
Kagome grinned at him. “It's just a bicycle helmet, Inuyasha. If you want to learn to ride my bike, this is the safest way to do it.”
 
He snorted. “Whatever.”