InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming of You... ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dreaming of You...

Summary: Kagome is gone, she went back to restock and was not able to return, and Inuyasha is not able to come. When Inuyasha dreams of her, she in turn dreams the very same dream, except in her position and finds that in their dreams, is the only connection they now have.



Kagome-

"Inuyasha? Do you mind if I go restock? I'll only take about an hour." I said to the hanyou as I walked up to 'his' tree.

"No later than that or I'll come get you." he told me. I sighed. Same old Inuyasha.

Okay, Inuyasha. Tell the others. I'm going now so I'll get back before dark." I said, taking off in the direction of the well.

_____One Well Jump Later_____

Kagome-

I climbed out of the well graceless, and ran out of the wellhouse, my school-uniform tearing on the door. 'Damn it' I thought. I held my three Shikon Jewel shards firmly in my hand as I hung my imfamous yellow backpack on my arm .I caught site of Hojo and swore. I ran up to the Goshinboku and hid behind it's branches.

"Mrs. Higurashi? I brought Kagome a gift and her assignments. Is she alright today?" I heard Hojo ask my mother.

"She's got the flu, I'll bring these things to her, now run along." I heard my mother say before she turned and went inside. Hojo left the shrine, looking slightly disappointed. I ran out of my hiding place and to my house with an Inuyasha style smirk on my face.

"Mom! I have an hour to get restocked!" I yelled to her in the kitchen. She came out with a smile.

"Kagome, here are your things, I saw you in the Goshinboku. Take a bath and change while I go to the store with Souta. Grandpa's at the gift house. Go now Kagome, dear." my mom said as she pushed me in the direction of the stairs. I held the books, food, matches, and gift Hojo had gotten for me and walked upstairs, the shards still in my hand and the backpack still on my arm.

____45 minutes later, Feudal Era_____

Inuyasha-

I stared at the well until Kagome's time was up. I walked over to it and jumped in, only to find myself lying in the dirt at the bottom. I heard Miroku and Sango start to look in the well.

"It didn't work. It didn't work. It didn't work." I found myself repeating hysterically.

"Inuyasha! Calm down! " Sango yelled at me as I hysterically giggled.

____Kagome's Time___

Kagome-

I came out of the wellhouse in tears.

"Momma.. It didn't work... and I have the shards. It didn't work. Oh Momma!" I sobbed as my mom came up the shrine steps. She looked at me with a saddened face.

"Oh.. Kagome... I'm so sorry." she said dropping her bags as she once did before. (See episode 48)

___Night, Feudal Era____

Inuyasha-

I calmed down after awhile and found myself very tired. I sat in Kaede's hut waiting for Sango to come back with Kaede, with the company of Miroku and Shippo. The next thing I knew I was asleep.

====Inuyasha's Dream====

I was in a dark cave, and a bright light blinded me momentarily. I saw that Kagome was sitting there, with a tear-stained face.

"Inuyasha? I'm not dreaming, am I? I couldn't get through the well and.. and... Inuyasha did you try?" she asked. At that moment I knew I wasn't dreaming, because... dog-demons don't dream.

"I did try... Kagome... dog-demons don't dream. They half sleep and think, sometimes mumble. But they don't dream. So neither are you. Kagome, I may never see you again." I said to her.

___Night, Kagome's Time____

====Kagome's Dream (continued after Inu's part)====

"Inuyasha... I wanna tell you something... and give you something." I said, tears forming in my eyes. I wasn't dreaming. Not really. I still had my bag on my back.

"I love you, Inuyasha. And now you can truly be with Kikyo. Even though my heart screams I can't leave you, I already have. Take my backpack to remember me by." I said, in a half-sob. I handed him my big, yellow backpack. He took it.

"I think I love you too... And here's my haori, in case we can't meet in this cavern in sleep again." Inuyasha said, before putting his haori on my back. He then kissed me. And I, kissed him back.

___Night, Feudal Era____

====Inuyasha's Dream (continued after Kag's part)====

"Kagome, If you wake up with my haori and no bag, try to see me tomorrow night. Kikyo won't take my love from me, because you... already have it. All of my heart. And I yours. Don't be courted by someone else. I'll court you... at night." I said, giving her one final kiss, before I awoke.

Inuyasha-

"Inuyasha?! You were talking as if Kagome were in front of you.. and then.. Your haori disappeared and you have Kagome's bag now. What happened?!" Miroku asked me.

"I was with the one I love. I was with Kagome." I said before standing and picking up Shippo.


"Shippo. Kagome is okay. Shippo... I'll get her back." I said to the kitsune. He hugged me, and I... hugged back.

___Morning, Kagome's Time____

Kagome-

I awoke to my brother staring at me wide-eyed.

"What, Souta?" I asked him.

"You have Inuyasha's haori, and no backpack." he answered.

A few mintues later, Souta left. I found my uniform, to find it almost torn in half. I couldn't find any other clean shirts, so I put on a skirt and tank top, and then Inuyasha's haori. I smiled. I would see him tonight.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs into the kitchen. Souta must have told Mom and Grandpa how I awoke. My mom smiled and handed me two notes.

The first one read 'Kagome, I saw you this morning in Inuyasha's haori. I know you would want to wear it to school. The other note is for your teachers. Be good, Kagome. I love you.. Mom' I smiled a genuine smile and headed out of my house to school.

About ten mintues later I saw Eri, Yuka, And Ayumi. We had a little while to go till we reached the school.

"Eri! Yuka! Ayumi!" I yelled, running up to them. They stopped and turned around.

"Kagome? Whoa... Where is your uniform?" Eri asked me.

"I accidentally tore it in half. I got it stuck in my door this morning without noticing it till in ripped. My mom's fixing it. I.. The haori is.." I started before my voice broke. I started to cry and fell to the ground, landing on my knees and hands.

"Oh... Oh... Kagome... are you alright?" Ayumi asked, trying to help me up.

"I may never see Inuyasha again. He may die today, and I'll never know. I'll never be okay, unless I'm in his arms. Last night, I said I loved him, he said he loved me, and I... almost died when he had to leave." I said, standing up still crying.

"Kagome.. I'm so sorry.. " Yuka said.

___Kagome's School, 1st Period____

Kagome-

I walked into my class, my head slightly up to look for a seat. The only empty seat was directly in front of my teacher's seat, and in front of Ayumi. I sat down and took out that class' book.

"Miss Higurashi? Why are you not in your uniform?" the teacher asked, looking at me. I was almost in tears again, and I gave him my mom's note.

"I apoligize, Higurashi. Please be careful." He said, handing the note back to me. A tear slid down my face. I looked up at him.

"I will, sir. *chokes back tears* I will." I said to him.

Half way though class, my teacher noticed I wasn't paying attention.

"Ayumi? (I don't know her last name) Could you take Miss Higurashi home. I'll call the office." he said, motioning out the door.


_____________________________________

A/N: End of Chapter 1, AND my longest chapter total. I'll write more later or tomorrow.

*smiles*

Kyla- san