InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams and Sacrifices ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sesshoumaru was walking in a deep cavern. He didn't recall coming down here. The last thing he remembered was setting up camp with Rin, Jaken, and Ah'Un. Rin had just fallen asleep snuggled against his Fluff.
 
He turned when he heard the sound of laughter. He recognized it immediately: the wind witch. Her ruby red eyes sparkled mischievously. Sesshoumaru fixed her with his haughtiest glare designed to put subordinates in their place. “Why have you brought this Sesshoumaru here?” Surely this was her fault.
 
Kagura turned lightly on her feet and ran farther into the cave. With her melodious laughter echoing all around him she said, “If you want to find out you'll have to catch me. If you can.”
 
Inwardly Sesshoumaru laughed at the audacity of the witch. She was the only woman who could taunt a reaction out of him. She wasn't afraid of him. That's what he loved about her.
 
Sesshoumaru froze. Loved!
 
He scoffed at the idea of him, the Great Lord Sesshoumaru, in love. With that last thought echoing in his head he took off after Kagura before he lost sight of her.
 
Despite all his efforts Sesshoumaru could not catch up to the wind witch. This was no longer just about getting back to Rin. He wanted to catch her. He wanted her.
 
Even under the worse torture he would never admit this out loud, but he was having fun. But he always had fun with their verbal sparring.
 
Sesshoumaru rounded another corner and was shocked at close he was. She was almost within reach just a little closer. . .
 
She vanished.
 
Sesshoumaru stopped. He looked all around him, but she was no where to be found. “Kagura! If this is another one of your games, this Sesshoumaru has better things to do.” His nose twitched as he tried to figure out where she went. His head snapped up when he heard a scream.
 
Kagura screamed again. As he chased after the sound of her anguish Sesshoumaru noted the underlying smell of his half-brother Inuyasha. He wasn't here, but he was nearby. Unfortunately Sesshoumaru had more important things to worry about than his brother. Kagura needed him.
 
With his hand on Tokijin he entered a vast cavern. Inside Kagura was sprawled at Naraku feet. Sesshoumaru barely controlled the growl that threatened to come out at the sight of the hanyou.
 
Naraku smiling sadistically grabbed Kagura by her hair and lifted her up. “You want your heart so much. You can have it.” In his other hand he held a beating heart. He put the heart over her chest and watched it get absorbed into her body.
 
Naraku's hand then twisted into a sharpened point. Sesshoumaru knew what was going to happen, but his feet wouldn't respond. He watched in horror as Naraku plunged his arm into Kagura's chest.
 
Kagura screamed one last time, before she collapsed. Naraku disappeared. Sesshoumaru ran to her. “Kagura are you so weak that you will let a hanyou kill you?”
 
She smiled sadly and placed a bloody hand on his striped cheek, “Sessho…his heart. The only way to kill him is to pierce his heart.” She took her hand away from his face and pointed. He looked up and on a dais was a heart.
 
Sesshoumaru looked down at her, but he could already see that she had passed on. He growled angrily and strode to heart preparing to avenge Kagura once and for all, but just as he reached the stairs the scene changed.
 
He was outside of the cave. He recognized the area as a part of the southern forest.
 
Sesshoumaru tensed when he felt something touch his shoulder and he. . .
 
Sesshoumaru woke up. His clawed hands were inches from Rin's cherubic face. He pulled his hands back as her eyebrows went down slightly in a frown. “Are you okay, Lord Sesshoumaru. You looked like you were having a bad dream.”
 
He relaxed slightly, a dream. It was all a dream, or more like a nightmare. He tensed again when he realized on thing about the dream was real. Inuyasha was nearby.
 
“Rin, stay here.” He rose regally and glided over to Jaken. Kicking him awake, he advised Jaken that Rin had better be here and happy when he returned. After a few moments of groveling from Jaken, Sesshoumaru took off in search of Inuyasha.