InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drifting ❯ Anticipation ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Anticipation
 
InuYasha pulled Kagome out of the well, letting his hands linger on hers. She didn't look in his eyes, but she didn't pull away either. InuYasha pushed a piece of hair away from her face, trailing his fingers along her pale skin.
 
“Kagome,” he said, letting his hands drop. Kagome turned away.
 
“Let's go, InuYasha.”
 
She started walking slowly away from him.
 
“Wait!”
 
Kagome paused, and after a moment turned to face him. InuYasha hesitated, his breath catching in his lungs. Kagome gave him a small, weak smile and started to turn back. InuYasha knew that he couldn't wait any longer. If he hesitated one more time, he might lose her forever. He swallowed and took a deep breath.
 
“I love you.”
 
Kagome's head snapped around, her big eyes wide. The simple sentence hung in the air. InuYasha stood frozen, unable to register Kagome's expression. Fear gripped his throat, but he knew he couldn't back down.
 
“What?” Kagome said at last.
 
“I love you,” he repeated. Kagome's face broke into a big smile.
 
“What?” she said again.
 
“You heard me.”
 
“I want to hear it again.”
 
InuYasha scooped Kagome up and said, “Tough.”
 
Kagome giggled, and broke into full laughs. InuYasha, taking this as a good sign, smirked back at her.
 
“Say it again, InuYasha.”
 
“You'll just have to wait, wench,” he said, burying his nose in her hair. Kagome let her head fall back, still smiling widely.
 
“Won't you please say it again?” she asked, almost purring. InuYasha stubbornly shook his head, his nose tickling her neck.
 
“Mmmm,” she sighed, “I love you, too, InuYasha.”
 
Tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
 
Kagome walked in Sango's hut, bright as the sunshine. She positively beamed at Sango, and produced fabric from her bag. Sango exclaimed happily over the fabric, and giggled with Kagome.
 
“Chiyo and I have already sewed the under-kimono.”
 
“Chiyo?”
 
“She's my new… servant. She's very adept at cooking, and, as it turns out, sewing.”
 
Kagome just smiled brightly at her, and set to work measuring out the fabric. The three girls worked diligently on Sango's dress. Sango and Kagome chatted happily, and Chiyo simply listened, though every once in a while Kagome's antics drew a smile from her. Sango wasn't surprised. Kagome could not keep a smile off of her face, and it seemed that it was contagious.
 
A loud noise nearby startled the girls.
 
“What is that?” Sango asked.
 
“Well…” Kagome said, and her smile seemed to grow impossibly brighter, “You've moved into the hut farthest away from the village. InuYasha figured that we might as well have one close by, and there weren't any. So he's building one.”
 
Sango's mouth dropped. “You mean…”
 
Kagome nodded.
 
Sango laughed. “I'm so glad! I was so worried about you two… but…”
 
The two girls dissolved into laughter, while Chiyo looked on, not quite following the conversation.
 
A large clatter outside made them pause, and Sango snorted. “By the sound of it, he's got Miroku helping him.”
 
Kagome just beamed at her.
 
Ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
 
“Well, koishii?”
 
“Well, my Houshi-sama?”
 
Miroku groaned at the name but continued. “Are you pleased?”
 
“With what?”
 
“Why, your future husband, of course.”
 
“What has he done to please?”
 
“He built you a roof, he worked very hard, and he even saved your pride by allowing your students to beat his.”
 
Sango snorted.
 
“Was this not enough, my dear? How shall I-?”
 
Sango silenced him by putting her mouth firmly over his. He brought his arms around her, letting one hand slip lower, lower. Sango did not protest.
 
She broke away, flushed cheeks brilliant in a smile.
 
“My dress should be finished in a day or so. And then…”
 
“And then?”
 
“Why, my Houshi-sama, we get married.”
 
“Mmm, sounds good.”
 
Tttttttttttttttttt
Ttttttttttttttttttt
AN: I've been doing lots of editing! There are a lot of new scenes in earlier chapters, you might want to go check them out!
 
AN: whew! It's been about a decade since I updated, eh? Well, I figured I'd beg forgiveness with my first piece of fluff! What do you think?
 
Lesalee: Hmm… Hiroshi is a curious fellow.
 
DarklessVasion: Oooh, I like her mother, too. And she isn't done being the wise woman yet!
 
Kicnlus_inuforeva: Again, Hiroshi is a rather curious fellow…
 
Xenus: Really? You guessed that he'd be a scorpion? I figured he would've been something furry, like a hamster. :P
 
Leilachan: Nah, Hiroshi's no reincarnation. As for emotions, well, I think InuYasha got them across today…
 
Caitriona695: Thanks for the great review. The choppiness in the earlier chapters reflects the state of mind of the characters. At least, that's what I like to think.
 
crazy-kites: Thanks for the review! It wasn't quite a kiss and make up… more like a nuzzle and make up… heh.
 
I do not own the rights to InuYasha