InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drown ❯ Chapter 10: It comes in waves ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Drown
Author: DeityOfDeath
Archive: Yes please...

Pairings: Inu Yasha/Kouga
mentions of Inu Yasha/Kagome and Inu Yasha/Kikyo InuYasha/OC
Category: Drama, romance, slash, Mpreg,
yaoi
rating: NC-17/R
Spoilers: Most likely.
Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, Non-con, Mpreg, SPOILERS!
Disclaimers: I never have nor will I ever own Inu Yasha or its chars. They are property of Rumiko Takashi and major companies.

Note from Author: Thank You for reading and supporting fan fiction! Enjoy and please review!

The chapter titles are lyrics from the song "Drown" by Bring Me The Horizon

Chapter 10: It comes in waves

I woke up as my world shifted and upon opening my eyes I found myself being pulled on my bed furs closer to Ayame and Kouga's larger grouping of bed furs.

Ayame giggled at Kouga who grinned with his accomplishment and put both of his hands on his hips as he stared down at me.

“You're an obstinate one aren't you muttface,” Kouga asked as I blinked up at him confused.

“Come Yasha, we have named our son. Come see Ranken.”

I sat up and crawled across the furs where Kouga knelt down beside Ayame. Ayame lifted their son with his tan skin and dark ebony hair with his long fluttering eyelashes and I saw in him a younger Kouga.

“What does his name mean,” I asked as I gazed down on the quiet bundle of in the crook of Ayame's arms.

“Strong wolf shield. He will be the future of the eastern pack and he will be their shield,” said Kouga proudly as he puffed out his chest.

I smiled and sat down carefully on my bottom as I watched the little one with such a big name nap, warm in his mother's arms.

“I must see to the pack, watch over my family Yasha,” and I watched as he left, realizing that he hadn't called me muttface and instead had used Ayame's name for me.

“Do you want to hold him,” my eyes widened at her question and as I looked down at him I felt as though he would break in my arms.

“He's so…small,” I whispered.

She giggled and shook her head, “You need the practice. You're about to have one of your own.”

She had a point and so I sat flat on my bottom and held my arms in the shape of a cradle as Ayame leaned over and placed her son into my arms.

He was so…tiny and so soft and he smelled of milk and something that was indescribable and could only be described as that “new baby” smell. I leaned over inhaling his scent and just lost in the wonder that was this tiny being. He stirred in my arms as I looked down at him and blinked open baby blue eyes. As I stared into those innocent eyes I wondered if they would turn to Kouga's cerulean or Ayame's green.

“Does his tail match his hair,” I asked as I curiously stared down Ranken.

“He does, it's so small just like a newborn wolf cubs,” she said with a smile only a proud mother could have.

I leaned over and carefully placed him back into Ayame's arms and watched her with him while my hands ran gently over my belly trying to settle my own offspring's, stirrings.

“Do you think your pup will have your ears,” Ayame asked as she laid Ranken against her chest to nurse, which he did quite happily.

“I'm not sure; I haven't seen a wolf hanyou let alone the mix of a hanyou and a wolf. It would be quite interesting if my pup had the ears and tail to boot. Poor thing would stick out like a sore thumb,” I said shaking my head.

“Oh, but they would be so adorable,” she cooed with a faraway look in her eyes as though she were imagining my child with afore mentioned appendages.

I laughed for the first time in a long time and allowed the happy tears to flow. When I was done I grinned and fetched the kettle and made Ayame and my self cups of tea and got us a meal of deer jerky and stored apples. We ate and talked and when Ranken had fallen asleep he was laid between us in a bed of furs and the two us joined him in his nap.

Life for a short time was calm and happy and revolved around that tiny pup. A week became two and I found myself two months away from my own cubs impending birth. Nervous was an understatement as I thought on it.

The winter weather let up for a while and when I ventured to the cave entrance I could almost see the ground and grass hidden beneath the carpet of white.

I found myself heavy and exhausted and filled with aches and pains from my ankles; healed but now swollen with the burden of carrying my expectant weight, to my back and hips which ached fiercely. My hips seemed to widen as my body worked to ready itself for the impending birth. I paced the cave and tried to work off my nervous energy and everyone around me seemed to watch from a distance with baited breath for what I couldn't say; though I expected it was for me to give some sign I was in labor.

As I wandered the den late one night I heard whispers near the cave entrance and usually whispers and fire talk remained background noise and then they spoke a name I hadn't heard since my rescue.

“Kiba has been spotted a few miles from our territory,” said one ranger I had come to know as Hiro.

“If he is spotted we are to tell Kouga immediately,” said his fellow ranger; this one known as Raiga.

I felt my chest ache as panic fought its way through my mind, past all rational thought.

“InuYasha,” I turned to see Ginta and the look on my face answered his unasked question as to how I had heard.

“Come on, lets get you to Kou,” and as he said it I felt myself swallow and I nodded.

He walked beside me turning to look at the rangers who now sat quietly looking quite admonished at whatever look Ginta had given them.

As we walked I felt my stomach tighten as pain wrapped itself around my belly and pulled in my lower back. I stopped and wrapped my arms around my middle as my breath caught in my throat. I felt Ginta's arm on my elbow as he gently rubbed my back calling my name.

The pain let go and I took deep breaths as I stood and nodded my head and continued my slow waddle in the direction of my shared den. We had but a few feet to go when I felt the tug and tightening again. I inhaled deeply, leaning against the cave wall as I closed my eyes letting the pain roll over me. It soon ended and I felt Ginta's nervousness and as if I had summoned him, Kouga came rushing out of our den.

He looked at me and his mouth set in a grim frown as he came toward us. He came to stand at my side in place of Ginta.

“Go fetch Koname,” and without a reply Ginta was gone.

I inhaled deeply as the pain ended and stood straight and made it the last few feet to the den. We entered and immediately Ayame was at my side with Ranken strapped against her in his fur sling.

I was lead over to my side of the furs and I was helped into a sitting position which increased my discomfort and when I the next pain came I laid down on my side and closed my eyes as I wrapped my arms around my swollen midsection and fought for breath, when the pain ended I exhausted and shaken and just a bit frightened.

Ayame's gentle hands patted my head and her long fingers played through my short white hair which helped to calm me some. I felt gentle hands on my belly and I looked down my body at Koname who gently pressed and prodded with a look of concentration on her usually cheerful visage. As she prodded a new pain began and my belly tightened once more and I clamped my eyes shut as the pain built and wrapped around my body.

“Don't fight it pup. Let it come over you. Think of this pain as a wave in the ocean, don't fight it, ride it.”

Koname's words were confusing and I tried to do as she said.

“That's good. Don't tense if you can help it. Fighting the pain only makes its worse. Let it come and breathe through it. You've got it. Good, good.”

As the pain ended she gently wiped my brow, “Now comes the uncomfortable part my dear. I'm going to need you to roll over so we can get these hakama off of you so I can see if we have any progress to go with this pain.”

I did as she asked and watched as Kouga left the den to give me privacy as Koname parted my thighs and began to poke and prod. I hissed and closed my eyes at her uncomfortable prodding.

“You are dilating but not quite enough for this amount of pain you're having.”

“Too…early…” I gasped out as I looked up and into her eyes.

“Not early enough for concern. I'll prepare you a special tea and if your pains stop then you will have time still til we meet your little one, if not then we will send word to your brother and we will prepare for a new member of the Eastern pack.”

Her words took a weight off of my heart and my mind. She left the room and I lay there catching my breath as I fought to get comfortable. Ayame was kind enough to cover my lower body with furs and Kouga was invited back into the den. He paced the room every so often looking my way nervously.

Another pain came and wrapped around my body and as I breathed through it I felt Ayame's hand grip mine.

Koname returned with her tea and when my pain ended I was given the tea which I sipped gingerly until it was gone. Not much time went by when yet another pain rippled through my body and I sat up gasping at its intensity. I felt myself pale and I was handed a bowl just in time to vomit up the tea and whatever had been in my belly before it. I vomited until nothing remained and I was weakly laid back down onto furs that he been propped up for my comfort.

Pains continued through the night and Koname continued her checks and at her final check she shook her head and I lay there miserable, in pain and exhausted. She offered me a small dose of sleep draught hoping a light rest would allow me a bit of strength.

It worked and as I dozed off I couldn't help but stress at the thought of what was to come when I awoke.

To Be Continued….

Sorry for the cliffie. More to come tomorrow.