InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ED Ficlets: Challenge Destiny ❯ Perchance to Dream ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Perchance to Dream
 
 
Prompt: Manipulation
Title: Perchance to Dream
Author: Inu Hanyou Nikkie
Rating: OT
Genre: Angst/Drama/Tragedy/Action
Universe: AU
Word Count: 400
Summary: He was nothing more than their favourite experiment to them. But to her, he was a person who was being abused what she didn't count on also growing to love him.
Warnings: implied inhumane torture.
A/N: Title is line from Hamlet's To Be or Not To Be soliloquy.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own nor make any monies off of Inuyasha and the gang. No, that pleasure completely belongs to the Goddess Rumiko Takahashi, Shounen Sunday, VIZ. I am only using them for pure entertainment value only.
 
 
 
 
Perchance to Dream
 
 
 
 
He'd never known the sun or the moon.
 
He'd never felt the wind or rain upon his skin.
 
He'd never understand anything other than pain to end all pains and terror.
 
He didn't know that there was night and day.
 
He'd seen what some of what he looked like having claws on his hands and feet, had fangs in his mouth that had pierced his tongue and lips over 1000 times in a 24hour period. Had thick silvery hair that fell to his knees - his only clothing.
 
He hated - and feared - the colour white and brown with an irrational passion going beyond sanity.
 
White was everywhere. On them, the confines of his tiny cell.
 
He never spoke but screamed whenever They came for him with their whiteness.
 
He didn't know he could speak- was intelligent, they didn't allow it.
 
He didn't know his blood was a crimson colour as it was spilled onto the floor during every `Test'.
 
 
 
 
Never knew anything different until one day Colour came into his life. Such mesmerizing blue that looked at him with things he didn't understand but instinctive sought. Had this blue framed by the richest of blacks for her hair and the least amount of white.
 
Colour would talk to him in soft tones, saying his name - InuYasha - he never knew that, he understood `Experiment-606039' Colour's voice was different than the Whites', carrying a wide range of tones, inflections, deepness, softness… passion…. He would turn to that voice. Be calmed, be… unafraid. The Whites' held coldness, monotone but triumph when he was screaming and thrashing in agony and his blood ran freely.
 
 
 
 
 
Sirens blazed and the white lights flicked over to harsh yellow and red flashes shocking him into awareness after the most intense of “Testing” yet experienced in his life. Something was off… different…
 
 
 
Colour came into his tiny white cell, this time blue burned with fire and no white but all black like her hair. The black was form-fitting with drab-green bands and straps that bulged strangely. Oddly-coloured dark smoke filled the corridor behind her.
 
The flashing blues softened as they found his eyes, not knowing they were a pure gold colour. Then she spoke something that called to him and stirred his dying spirit and he moved under his own will for the first time in his life.
 
 
 
“InuYasha! I'm Special Co-Op Kagome. I'm here to free you.”