InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions Let Loose ❯ A Fight to Remember ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is my 3rd fan fiction. Please don't flame. Flaming is one of the worst possible things. It's rude, inconsiderate and just plain hurtful. You can tell me you don't like my writing without doing that. But I do ask for your honesty. I also hate it when people are really nice to you so they don't hurt your feelings. Trust me I can take it. I can't learn and grow as a writer if no one will tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I will try to update bi-weekly. At the end of every chapter I will try to give a date to look for my next chapter. Please don't get mad if I'm late. I do have school, clubs, and lots of other things to worry about. Unfortunately I can't spend my entire day on the computer writing, watching, and talking about Inuyasha and other anime. Damn laws!

Also, I hope you don't mind swearing. If you do then I'm sorry. I'll try to tone it down. But in some places and with certain characters (ex, Inuyasha) it will be necessary. If it is bothering you please tell me.

Feel free to e-mail or instant message me at anytime. My e-mail is animelover12211988@yahoo.com. My screen name is jr4q9 at both Yahoo and AOL messenger. I love to hear from my readers. ^_^

Guide: "…" = speech,

***** = scene change,

^^^^^ = happening simultaneously but to different characters or from another character's point of view,

~…~ = thoughts,

(…) = author commentary to help create better comprehension of the story.

I will be using Japanese in my fan fiction. I'm afraid the first chapter will be riddled with them. I won't use too much because I don't want to confuse you. Feel free to ask me for any translations at anytime. I'll try to alternate between English and Japanese. Also, if the use of Japanese starts taking away from the story, please tell me so I can cut down my usage. Here is a list of the words I will be using:

dono = mister

jijii = old man

houshi = low ranking Buddhist monk

miko = priestess

nani? = what?/huh?

youkai = demon

taijya = demon exterminator

hanyou = half demon

inu = dog

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha- Sengoku o-Togi Zoushi. A.k.a Inuyasha- A Feudal Fairy Tale. Despite how hard I try I'm just a 15-year-old freshman girl in the USA. Oh well, at least I can write this story.

With all that out of the way, enjoy. ^_^ I'm not really all that serious. I was just getting the important information out of the way. I'm really fun, and easy to talk to. If you ever are online feel free to im or e-mail me.

*************************************************************** *********

Title: Emotions Let Loose

Chapter 1: A Fight To Remember

"Don't go in there!" yelled an old man desperately, running through the mist. "Do not go!"

"Why not old man?" asked a dog-eared, silver haired young man, with an attitude and no apparent respect for his elders.

"Inuyash, don't be so rude. Why shouldn't we go in dono?" asked a teenage girl of about 15. She was wearing a schoolgirl outfit and looked quite out of place in the Sengoku Jidai. But she didn't seem to mind as she smiled gently after scolding her male companion.

"Do not go into The Forest. For those who venture in, don't come out," the elder man warned ominously.

"Feh! We can take care of ourselves old man. Come on Kagome." Inuyasha ordered the girl.

"Inuyasha! The sun is about to set and we need to make camp. We are all tired and plus, we need to find somewhere safe." Kagome said, with a hint in her voice. "Right?" she continued looking at the others for reassurance and support.

"Yes, Inuyasha. It is time to make camp." A young woman dressed in taijya clothes said.

"I agree with Sango and Kagome." Said another young man. This person was dressed in a blue and black robe. He was carrying a staff and appeared to be a houshi.

"See Inuyasha? Sango and Miroku agree with me." Kagome informed Inuyasha.

"Me too!" piped in a kitsune cub.

"Thank you Shippou."

"Feh!" ~Damn it! Curse the new moon. Why do I gotta loose my youkai powers then? Damn human blood! ~ Inuyasha swore inwardly. "Fine," the inu hanyou complied.

"Arigatou, Inuyasha. Also thank you sir, for the warning," Kagome said bowing respectively to her elder.

"It was no trouble. Why do you not stay at my house tonight. It is small but better then the outdoors. The weather has not been kind lately."

"Thank you very much, jijii," said Miroku, also bowing to the old man.

They all turned and walked toward the village. Once inside they passed a fine estate. Miroku stopped, looking foreboding.

"What's wrong Houshi-sama?" asked Sango

"This place. It has an evil spirit about it. What is this place?"

"Why that is the village head's estate. Let us hope there is no evil spirit, for the village miko is away." The old man said

"Yes," said Miroku said with his back to the others. "Let us hope." He lifted his head to reveal a mischievous grin."

*30 minutes later*

"Baka, leaching, hentai Monk." Inuyasha muttered as he stuffed his face.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I only exercised an evil spirit. As a houshi it is my duty. Staying in the manor is the village head's way of expressing his gratitude." Miroku said in a false innocence.

"Whatever Miroku." Inuyasha said with a full mouth, spitting food on the floor in front of him.

"Well you don't seem to mind the food," Shippou said. He ran behind Kagome for cover.

"Please Inuyasha, lets just enjoy the food," Kagome said trying to bring peace. ~I know you prefer the outdoors but tonight it's best if you stay indoors. I know you know that, please just compromise. ~

*************************************************************** *********

"Damn human form." Inuyasha mumbled. He looked at himself in disgust.

He no longer had claws; his nails had shrunk to the size of a Sengoku noble male's. His hair was no longer the luscious silver but an ebony black. And his eyes were no longer the beautiful amber. They were now a more normal brown hue, but with a hint of purple.

He continued to pace. Not knowing what to do, he never slept in his human form; he decided to check on Kagome. That would put to rest at least some of his worries.

~God she's beautiful. No, no, stop that. Don't become weak just because you're human. ~ Inuyasha yelled at himself as he entered Kagome's room. He went closer to her he couldn't stop himself. In his human form his emotions got the best of him. He was going to sleep next to her. The girl's presence always calmed Inuyasha. But when he got closer to her he saw tears on her face. ~What's she crying about? ~

"Inu…yasha." She mumbled as fresh tears ran down her almost angelic face.

~Nani (what)!? She's crying over me? ~ Inuyash thought as he jumped up hurt. He accidentally kicked her pack in the process, knocking to the door. The noise roused the sleeping miko.

"Inuyasha?" she asked puzzled. ~What's he doing here? Why's he so mad? ~ She asked no one as she saw his face.

"Why are you crying, Bitch?" he asked. He didn't want to be so rude but it was either that or show how hurt he was. And weakness was NOT an option.

"Nani?" Kagome touched her face, feeling the tears. ~I was crying in my sleep again. ~ She wiped her eyes

~I hate it when she cries in her sleep. At least if she's awake I can try to stop her. Even if it doesn't work. But when she's sleeping it hurts. ~ Inuyasha thought to himself, trying to keep his face looking frustrated. It was hard because what he really felt was heart broken. "Why are you crying?"

"Inuyasha," she sighed. "Go away." Kagome turned from him. She wasn't angry she just didn't want to fight; But Inuyasha didn't see it that way.

"Don't turn from me Bitch! I asked you a question, now answer me!" he ordered, turning her around.

She shook loose and headed toward the door. But Inuyasha wasn't about to give up. He jumped in front of the door in one easy leap, blocking her only exit. He maybe human but he was still faster then most.

"Move Inuyasha!" Kagome ordered. "I'm not in the mood." Kagome was flooded with angry.

"Neither am I." Inuyasha retorted, leaning closer to scare her.

But she didn't flinch. "Inuyasha, osuwari!" He was instantly slammed into the ground unable to move. She moved around him and opened the door before the spell wore off. But before the young women could get all the way out the door, a hand grabbed her wrist.

"What was that for!?"

"Inuyasha," she said wrenching her wrist free. "It's none of you business why I'm crying. I live under a lot of pressure." She was starting to yell and move toward him.

Inuyasha was backing away She got mad but never this mad. He wasn't sure what she might do.

"I'd love to see you try and balance a double life." She screamed menacingly. She wasn't sure why she was so mad. This wasn't different then any other time Inuyasha was rude. But this was the `straw that broke the camel's back,' as they say. She was tired of just taking all the abuse he shoved at her. ~Now it's my turn, ~ she thought as she took glee from seeing him whimper. "Why don't you try to go to school then come here and be emotionally abuse, hit on, and hurt all because your cat went in to a well house! I can cry if I want to. I have a lot of stress and sometimes I just need to get out my emotions!"

"Why are you snapping at me!?" the scared human yelled, attempting to seem big and bad.

"Because most of the stress is from you!!!"

"Well if you hate it so much why do you do it?" Inuyasha retorted, regaining some of his composure.

"Maybe I shouldn't! Maybe I should just leave!" she yelled turning from him and beginning to walk away.

"Hey!" Inuyasha may be human but he wasn't about to be out-stubborned. He dashed back in the room and grabbed the yellow bag. "Here don't forget this!" he yelled throwing the pack at the girl as she turned around to face him.

She caught it, but purely out of reflex. She may not be demon but all the fighting and running still strengthened her. And it was a good thing, or the pack would have smacked her right in the face. ~What? He actually wants me gone ~ she questioned shocked. ~Fine, ~ she was waking up from her stupor, and so was her angry. ~If he wants me gone then, I'm gone. ~ She turned on her heal and shouldered her bag. Inuyasha turned away form her went the opposite way down the hall.

Inuyasha continued walking, grumbling, and sulking not paying attention to where he went. Soon he found himself out side and surrounded by a strange mist. A women being carried by soul steeling demons was coming forth.

"Kikyo."

*************************************************************** *********

"Where am I? This place is like a maze. It's all that baka's fault! I could be sleeping right now if he would mind his own business." Kagome grumbled.

~He was probably just worried about you. You know how he gets when he's in his human form. ~ A bodiless voice said.

~Hey, who is this? ~ She said looking around her.

~Duh, I'm you. And I hope you do know you hurt his feelings right? ~

~Hurt his…~

~Yes. Even if he's half demon he's still half human. Even more so tonight. ~

~Well he didn't have to be so rude. ~

~You know that's Inuyasha's way of expressing himself. That fact alone that he asked, shows he cares about you. ~

~Maybe I should apologize. ~

~Yes, you should. ~

After the internal struggle ended, Kagome sighed. Her conscience was right, She knew better then to explode like that. She also knew better then to do that to human Inuyasha. He was so sensitive then. And he shouldn't be wondering alone.

She turned around and tried to retrace her steps. But her bag slowed her so she discarded it, keeping only her bow and arrows out of habit. She finally managed to get back to her room; she now took of running down the opposite side of the hallway. She took a left, then right, now in a sprint. Something told her to get to Inuyasha as soon as possible. It was this same mysterious force that guided her through the estate.

"What is this? I hope Inuyasha's okay." Kagome said as she made her way through the mist in front of her. "Wait! I know this mist. Kikyo," The young miko growled, demonstrating a habit she picked up form her stubborn inu companion, her blood began to boil.

She turned to her left, heart rebreaking in the process. For there in front of her were Inuyasha and Kikyo in a tight and loving embrace. Kagome's blood continued to boil; it took all her self-control to not just blow up. She turned abruptly away, pain and loathing gathering in every step. The heart broken young women broke out into a run, not pay attention or caring as she ran into the forest.

Not too long after an ear splitting yell was heard far away.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha said, suddenly cutting off Kikyo's and his embrace.

"So Inuyasha, that girl had truly taken your heart. No matter," Kikyo said, as her soul stealers circling around her. "Very soon, I'll have you."

Inuyasha only mildly took in what his first love had said as he started to run. He didn't care if he was human. He knew Kagome was in danger and would need help. ~Please sun rise soon. ~ He prayed as her picked up his pace.

He entered the forest, not sure if he was even going in the right direction. He cursed his weak human senses as the sun finally started to creep up the horizon. "Yes!" He yelled as his body took a suddenly jolt. He could fell his demon strength returning to him. Now he could sense her: he surprised himself. He had been going the right direction the whole time.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled as he cut a tree out of his way after hearing another pain-filled female scream.

But for the second time in just seconds he found himself confused. For before was not the sight he was expecting, quite the opposite really. Instead of seeing a huge youkai looming over an injured Kagome, he saw the female youkai cowering and backing away from a rage filled Kagome. The young miko was like nothing he had ever seen; she stood with her arrow notched, aiming at the demon's heart. An aura surrounded and engulfed her, blowing her hair and clothes as she slowly made her way to the demon. Trees detonated as she passed. Then with an anguish-filled cry she let her arrow fly. True to its mark it hit the youkai, obliterating it and anything within five feet. Nothing, not even ash, remained but a small crater.

"Ka… Kagome?" Inuyasha asked as he stepped toward her.

"Don't!" she yelled placing up a hand to stop him. Power sill surged around her and knocked the hanyou back and off balance.

"Kagome, are you ok?" he asked, catching himself.

"Why do you care?" she asked, her head still turned form him.

"Why do… Because you could have been killed, Wench. Don't be so reckless!" Inuyasha said more forcefully then he felt. He took a tentative step towards her, but they were still separated by three or four meters of land. (A/N: That's about 12 ft.)

"Oh I see," she said in an odd tone. Inuyasha couldn't figure it out. She never sounded like this, so hurt, so desperate, so… evil. "You were worried about loosing your shard detector. What else should I have expected? You have Kikyo," she stated, still in the strange voice and not looking at him.

"What are you talk…"

"I SAW YOU!" Kagome screamed, now looking at him. Inuyasha wished she wasn't. She didn't look a thing like Kagome. Her clothes and body may have been the same but the things that made Kagome, Kagome weren't, her eyes. They had lost their caring, sweet sparkle that Inuyasha loved, and were filled with pain, hurt, hate and vengeance. Her resemblance to Kikyo was now unbearable.

"Kagome I…" but he was cut off again by Kagome. Not by her words but her fist that had made contact with his cheek after she easily covered the ground between them. The force knocked him into a nearby tree.

"I'm done being lied to. I'm done trying to balance two lives. I'm done being compared to that Miko Bitch. I'm just done altogether. Good luck in finding the jewel shards alone. Goodbye Inuyasha." She said as she took off with amazing speed.

"Kagome! Please come back!"

*************************************************************** *********

I hope you like this so far. If it seems boring now just think what will happen when Kouga comes and finds a distraught Kagome. And let's not forget Kikyo and Naraku. Please review and keep reading. I promise that in this story all emotions will be let loose. I'll try to update by the 22nd of March if not before. Remember… REVIEW!! Please and thank you.

animeluvr8