InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions Let Loose ❯ A New Miko in the Group ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey, Well I don't have much of an authors note this time. I'll try to keep my notes short so you don't have to scroll down through a lot of stuff to get to the story.

I hope you like this chapter. I'm sorry for leaving a cliffy last chapter but how else was I supposed to make sure you came back? Well I'm done with my nonsense. Enjoy. ^_^

Guide: "…" = speech,

***** = scene change,

^^^^^ = happening simultaneously but to different characters or from another character's point of view,

~…~ = thoughts,

(…) = author commentary to help create better comprehension of the story

New Vocabulary: Shini-dama-chuu = Kikyo's soul stealers.

Disclaimer: Sorry I've tried but I don't own Inuyasha or anything to do with it. But I haven't given up yet!

*************************************************************** *********

Title: Emotions Let Loose

Chapter 2: A New Miko in the Group

"Kagome," Inuyasha sighed. It had been at least half an hour since she had left so abruptly. Leaving behind a very confused hanyou.

*Flashback*

"Kagome I…" but he was cut off again by Kagome. Not by her words but her fist that had made contact with his cheek after she easily covered the ground between them. The force knocked him into a nearby tree.

"I'm done being lied to. I'm done trying to balance two lives. I'm done being compared to that Miko Bitch. I'm just done all together. Good luck in finding the jewel shards alone. Goodbye Inuyasha." She said as she took off with amazing speed.

"Kagome! Please come back!"

*End flashback*

"Kagome please… come back. How could you ever think that you were only a shard detector? Didn't you know that I need you? You're so much more the just a tama locator. You're an ally, a part of the team, a … friend." He slowly began to register that he was moving. ~What? I must have started walking without knowing. ~

"Kagome," he sighed again. "Where did you get strength like that?" he touched his cheek. "It still stings. At 1st it burned. Was that more then just a punch. I think it was full of miko energy. But since when does she have that kind of power? The only time I've ever seen anything like it was when she almost killed Naraku at his castle."

~Not even Kikyo? ~

"Hey who's there?" Inuyasha asked as he tensed ready to strike.

~I'm you conscience baka. ~

~My what? ~

~Your conscience. You know the voice inside your head, the one that tells you right from wrong. The one you never listen to or you wouldn't be in this predicament. ~

~Oh. ~ Inuyasha said dumbly.

~Yes `oh.' And you never answered my question. What about Kikyo? ~

~Well if you're my conscience and you know me so well they you know that I don't compare Kikyo and Kagome. ~

~Well it's about time you did, buddy. ~

~Nani!? ~

~You need to decide between them. Stop being in the middle. Not only are you hurting Kikyo, but your hurting yourself and most importantly Kagome. ~

~Oh. ~ Inuyasha repeats even dumber this time.

~Is that all you can say? If you want to get out of this situation and stop hurting people then I suggest you do more the say `oh.' ~

~Well if you're my conscience then why don't you do more then just yell and actually help. I mean none of this makes sense. What happened to her? Is Kagome ok? Why do I feel so…~

~Hurt? ~ The voice offered. ~Why do you think? Why do you think all of your questions center around Kagome? Come on you know why. Just say it. ~

~Say what? There's nothing to say! ~

~Oooo so defensive. Come on just admit it. You know you want to. It'll feel better when you do. ~ The voice said antagonizing him.

~ilovekagome. ~The Inu hanyou mumbled to the voice in his head.

~Hmmm? What was that? I couldn't hear. ~

"I Love Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled into the empty forest.

~See? It wasn't that hard. ~The voice sassed.

~Why you little… ~ but it had left. And Inuyasha had reached the edge of the forest. In the distance he saw three figures, two large one small, coming toward him urgently.

"Great."

"Inuyasha! What happened? We woke up and both of you were gone. Then we saw soul stealers and heard screams. Where's Kagome? Is she okay?" asked a worried Sango. Kagome was her best friend, the sister she never had, and Sango never let anything happen to her.

"She's fine," Inuyasha replied.

Sango sighed in partial relief and didn't notice the odd expression and tone Inuyasha had. But Miroku did and he wanted to know why.

"But where is she?" asked the Houshi.

Sango looked up, waiting for a reply. Now she noticed the look on his face. It was hurt mixed with confusion and realizations. But most of all, there was sadness.

"She's gone," The inu youkai said bluntly.

"What!?" Miroku, Sango and Shippou gasped.

"She's gone," Inuyasha repeated simply. He looked down, not able to meet anyone's gaze.

"What do you mean, `she's gone'?" yelled the little kitsune, jumping on Inuyasha's shirtfront. "Where is she? What happened? What'd you do!?"

"Inuyasha," Sango said gently. She yanked the steaming Shippou off his shirt after seeing the pain and guilt in the demon's eyes. "Where's Kagome?"

"I dunno." Inuyasha said. He didn't want to say more. He was having enough trouble masking his emotions as it was. To say what had transpired would completely break him. He could already feel the hat pain of tears at just the thought.

"What do you mean you don't know? Don't you think we should go look for her if she's missing? How can you be sure she's okay?" Miroku asked.

"Because she left on her own free will, that's how I can be sure!" Inuyasha yelled, glaring daggers at Miroku. The little group of three backed away. "She left you, she left the group, the mission and … me. And she made it pretty clear not to follow her." He continued to yell as he touched his cheek without knowing. He stared at them as tears escaped him. Inuyasha suddenly wanted to be alone, so he turned and ran back into the forest. Leaving a very confused and worried group behind.

Inuyasha ran faster and farther into the forest. He smashed trees out of his way, leaving a devastating path of destruction in his wake. But he didn't care. The forest was no longer dangerous; Kagome had rid it of the evil demon. All he cared about was getting away from people. They didn't understand. No one did. All they did was yell at him when he messed up. Did anyone realize that he was trying? He had thought Kagome did, he had thought that him trying was enough for her. She had even said so, but she lied. They all did. Anyone he cared about hurt him.

~I'm done with people, human and demon alike. I'm sick of them hurting me. ~ He thought as he finally stopped. He had run very far and was now tired, so he sat in a tree and stared off into space, trying to sort through his crappy life.

After about ten minutes he noticed them, the Shini-dama-chuu. ~Damn. ~

"Inuyasha," Kikyo said in her usual expressionless tone.

"Kikyo."

"So she left as I thought she would. That was a very bad move. We are reaching the pinnacle of the battle against Naraku. My useless reincarnation was stupid to leav…"

"Kikyo, don't." Inuyasha interrupted. "Don't insult Kagome, she is more then you are, were or every will be."

"So the girl really has taken my place in your heart." Inuyasha blushed but kept his eyes impassively on Kikyo. "No matter, that will change soon. I'm joining your group."

"What!?"

"You are in need of a miko now that Kagome is gone."

"No. Kikyo I don't love you. I can't let you come with me."

"Inuyasha don't fight it. You know I am right and remember your promise, your life is mine." ~ Yes Inuyasha, I own you. I may not love you but I have you. You'll come to hell with me in the end. ~

"Your right," Inuyasha said bowing his head in defeat. For Kikyo was right, as always. He did owe his life to her and the gang would need a new miko now that Kagome was gone. ~ No don't think about that. Kagome left, she never loved you, get over her. She's never coming back. And it's all my fault. ~

~ Yes it is, but don't be so negative. Think positive. ~

~ It's you again, ~ Inuyasha grumbled in his head.

~Yes it's me. Why are you so depressed? ~

~What the hell kinda question is that? I'm sad because Kagome left! Now I have to let a walking clay pot travel with us. What do you expect me to do? Jump for joy? ~ Inuyasha snapped at the voice in his head. He found that he hated it more and more each second. It seemed to laugh at him with a kind of wisdom that he longed for.

~Good, you're starting to feel the full weight of your actions. Maybe you're worthy of her after all. ~

~What do you know of it? If you know something and you're not telling me I swear I'll…~

~You'll what? Kick your own ass? Remember I am you, just the nice, kinder, smarter, more polite part. ~

~I'm going to rip out …~ But the voice had left again. And so had Kikyo. She was well on her way out of the forest. Inuyasha ran to catch up with her. This wasn't going to be pretty.

*************************************************************** *********

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. *cowers in fear from all the evil glares* Ok, ok, I'm just kidding. I wouldn't end the chapter here. I know how much you all hate cliffys. I won't do that to you again.

*************************************************************** *********

Inuyasha and Kikyo found the rest of the gang not far from where Inuyasha had left them. They sat in silence contemplating what could have possibly transpired between Inuyasha and Kagome to make her leave like that. She hadn't even taken her stuff, except for her bow and arrow, because they had found that. The group of three also had a strong inkling that Kikyo was the source of the problem yet again.

That fear was confirmed when they noticed Inuyasha and Kikyo walking silently toward them. Inuyasha's head was again cast downward. His ears were flat against his head in anticipation of what was to happen.

Silence followed the demon and the miko as they stood in front of the kitsune, demon hunter and monk. Sango was first to break it.

"Where's Kagome?" She asked. Her greatest fears seemed to be answered. Kikyo's expression was just too smug for Kagome to be al right.

"My reincarnation has left. I will be her replacement. With her gone we can finally get on task and slay Naraku." Kikyo answered. Her smug expression only intensified.

Sango moved her hand to grip her katana. ~ How dare she speak about Kagome that way? Kagome is the kindest person I've ever met. You'll pay for whatever you've done to her Kikyo. ~

But a hand resting on her shoulder stopped her from following that threat through. Sango looked back to see Miroku, telling her to calm down with his eyes. ~ How can he be so calm? ~ Sango wondered.

"Kikyo," Sango said composing herself. "What brought about this change? Do you know anything?"

"My worthless reincarnation left. That's what happened. Now I am here and work can be done, and done right." The dead priestess replied. The whole time Inuyasha's eyes were continually downward.

"How dare you Kikyo? Inuyasha, do you hear how she is speaking about Kagome? She's acting as if Kagome were some ditz. How can you just stand there?" Sango said exploding on Inuyasha. The taijya grabbed his shirtfront, forcing him to look at her as she spoke. "Do you really want to have Kagome replaced with Kikyo!?"

"Sango, please control yourself. Whether we want this or not is not he question. Rather the important thing is that we need a miko, and Kikyo has volunteered." Miroku said as a pried a steaming Sango off the poor inu youkai.

"Your right Houshi-sama, we do need a miko," the pissed off women agreed. "But whether I'll LIKE it is a totally different story." Sango turned and walked off.

"We need to be on our way." Kikyo said forcefully as if she controlled them.

"Give her a minute, Kikyo-sama. She just needs to adjust." Miroku rationalized. "The mission is important to her as well. She would never quite."

"Mmmmm…" was the only replied he got. Kikyo sat down to meditate as a soul stealer came a replenished one of her souls. This disgusted Miroku, so he excused himself to go fine Sango.

"Sango! Sango where are you? It's just me; please I promise I won't try anything. I only wish to talk. Please come out." The monk yelled as he walked through the forest.

"Kikyo being here is all wrong," came a voice form the trees. The owner soon became apparent as she jumped stealthily out of a tree. "She is the walking dead. It is wrong for her to be her. And Inuyasha isn't doing anything."

"My dearest Sango. I don't think Inuyasha can. Did you see him back there? He seemed to have lost all will to live. He's taking Kagome's departure as bad as you are. Worse even. I actually feel sorry for him." Miroku said as he walked toward the women of his desires and love.

"Even so its still wrong," Sango said as her voice cracked and tears escaped her eyes despite her tries.

"I know and I agree. But all we can do is go along for now. Kagome will come back soon. She loves Inuyasha, she can't leave him." Miroku said comfortingly as he held her close.

"Thank you Miroku-sama," Sango said. "Let's head back."

"Of course," Miroku said letting her go. He had noticed that she called him by his name and didn't want to ruin that. So he was very polite and followed her back to the silent pair.

The four then went to the manor they had stayed in and picked up Shippou. He was curious and worried about why Kagome was still gone and why Kikyo was with them. But the tense silence kept his quite. So the group of five headed to the next village.

They reached the next village in an hour's time. It seemed to be deserted. They searched around for people but found no one. That is until Inuyasha woke up out of his stupor enough to smell a sweet scent.

Kagome.

"Kagome," Inuyasha mumbled. He started for toward her but stopped suddenly when he saw her bristle.

"So Inuyasha, you've already replaced me." Kagome said staring pointingly at the Shini-dama-chuu.

"Kagome, it's not like that. She…" Inuyasha started but before he could finish she was gone again. Her back to him as she ran away from him yet again.

"Inuyasha!" a voiced commanded taking him out of his daydreams. It was Kikyo. (of course, who else? -_-)

"Yes Kikyo?" He answered still looking in the direction that Kagome went.

~He really does love her. But that can be easily fixed. ~ An evil grin crossed Kikyo's features. "Please come her, I have something for you."

The hanyou complied, walking over to his former love. As soon as he was within range he noticed that she was muttering something. He went closer to investigate and stop her. Something told him that this wasn't going to be good in the end. Then, just as he was about to make out the words Kikyo was saying she stopped, and all went blank in Inuyasha's mind.

~Good, it's working. I now have his mind and his body. It may not be his heart, but it's more then what that Girl has. ~

Inuyasha suddenly woke up staring blankly at Kikyo. Her already overly large grin, widened. "Come we have work to do."

Inuyasha complied immediately.

*************************************************************** *********

"How dare he? He could at least have waited a few days to invite Kikyo to the group. At least have pretended to be saddened by my departure." Kagome snarled as she ran. She had been at it for about four hours straight now. It hurt but that just pushed her on further, the pain was like adrenalin. But soon she had to stop for her body would no longer allow her to move.

Just as she stopped a whirlwind appeared in the distance closing the gap between them quickly.

"Fabulous," groaned Kagome.

"How's my women been?"

*************************************************************** *********

Not too much of a cliffy. But it's still there. What did you expect? At least I didn't stop where I paused earlier. See I'm not THAT mean.

Look for my next update anywhere from April 5-7th. It depends on when I get back form spring break. I hope to have it up by the 5th but it might not be enough time for my editors so it may be the 7th after all. Sorry.

Please review. I enjoy criticism as long as it's constructive. Don't be afraid to point out my mistakes. But please review so I know that people are actually reading my story.

animeluvr8