InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions Let Loose ❯ Plots, Allies, and Sacrifice ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm back! Did you miss me? Okay, okay, I'll shut up. Nothin to say today. Just enjoy. And don't forget to REVIEW.

Again, it's the unedited version, come back soon if you want to see it w/out spelling errors and such.

Guide: "…" = speech,

***** = scene change,

^^^^^ = happening simultaneously but to different characters or from another character's point of view,

~…~ = thoughts,

(…) = author commentary to help create better comprehension of the story

New Vocabulary: Kukukukuku = class anime/manga evil laugh

Nee-san = big sister

Saimyoushou = Naraku's insects

Disclaimer: I gotta dog, I gotta dog! Its not Sesshoumaru but I love him anyway. I got him over spring break. He's a Siberian Husky with blue eyes. He's only 3 months old and named Blue. (I didn't name him, my mom did.) If only I owned a certain dog youkai. *daydreams about Sesshoumaru-sama* *sigh* Oh well, on with the story. ^^

*************************************************************** *********

Title: Emotions Let Loose

Chapter 3: Plots, Allies, and Sacrifice

"What's going on? Where's Kagome? What's Kikyo doing here?" a certain kitsune asked, bombarding Miroku and Sango with questions. He had kept quiet earlier because Kikyo was near but now that they had split up to search the abandoned village, he wanted answers.

"Please Shippou, calm down." The taijya asked the frantic little youkai. "We don't know the whole story our selves." Sango had to stop there. She was beginning to get choked up. Miroku took over to relieve his beloved.

"All that we know is that Kagome has left. Apparently Kikyo has something to do with it. We can assume that Kagome saw Kikyo and Inuyasha again and took off." Shippou's face paled at this news. "But don't worry, Kagome is probably just mad. She will just need a day or two to cool off and she'll be back." ~I hope. ~ The monk thought to himself after trying to help his two saddened friends.

~I'd cry like them if I could, but I can't, I must be strong. They need someone to lean on. ~ Miroku continued to think to himself. Just then he noticed Inuyasha and Kikyo walking to them. He also noticed the Inuyasha had a slightly distant look in his eye.

"We found nothing," Kikyo lied. She knew that if she told them about seeing her reincarnation, they would insist on following. "How was your search?"

"Nothing," Sango said simply. She had stopped crying and was now giving Kikyo the look of death.

"As I thought, this place is abandoned. (A/N: No shit Sherlock! How'd you figure that one out? *rolls eyes*) We can stop here to rest. We depart in an hour's time." Kikyo said. She sounded as if she expected exuberant praise for not making them move out immediately.

But no praise was given. Sango and Miroku merely nodded and walked away to search Kagome's bag for supplies. Mean while Shippou had been cowering behind Sango's leg. He scampered off faster then the others when Kikyo gave her "permission."

The hour went by quickly and silently. Inuyasha still seemed to be in his stupor and Kikyo was getting her souls replenished. She usually didn't have this much activity and it required more souls then usual.

Sango, Miroku, and Shippou ate instant Ramen in a troubled hush. No one wanted to speak. They all sat thinking about the new changes to the group. They all wondered what was happening to Kagome? What could have happened to upset Inuyasha to the point of tears? But their questions went unanswered as the hour wrapped up and they started walking again.

The silence was thick. Not a soul wanted to speak in fear of what might be said. Miroku, Shippou and Sango walked a ways behind the other two, not wanting to be near the clay miko or inu youkai. But the quiet soon got to Sango.

"Grrrrr… This is crazy. I can't believe this. How can Kagome be gone? What happened between Kagome and Inuyasha? And why must Kikyo join us?" The demon exterminator ranted.

"All questions that we can not answer my dearest, Sango. All we can do is hope that she returns to us soon. In the mean time, we must deal with having Kikyo accompany us." Miroku answered trying to calm her down.

"I miss Kagome. And I don't like Kikyo. She's nasty and mean." Shippou complained. "What does Inuyasha see in her anyway?"

"I don't know Shippou. But I don't think that Inuyasha truly wants her here. You did not see it, but when Inuyasha told us about Kagome's departure, he had tears in his eyes. Now he seems very distant and not himself. I'm worried actually beginning to about our hanyou companion."

"I am too. We will just have to be nice for now, got that Shippou?" Sango asked the boy in her arms.

"Yes, I got it." He answered as he snuggled closer to her warm bosom. It wasn't Kagome but what could he do? Shippou's breathing soon turned rhythmic and he was in a peaceful slumber.

"Do you sense that Miroku?" Sango asked in a serious tone.

"Yes I do. There is something binding Inuyasha's aura. I suspect it has something to do with Kikyo." The monk replied soberly.

"Just as I thought." Sango said as she glared at the hated women ahead of her. They continued to follow the silent pair. The disgust and tension intensified as they went.

*************************************************************** *********

"Hello Kouga-kun," Kagome replied with a fake smile on her face.

"How have you been? Where's Dog Shit? What are you doing here alone? You could get hurt." Kouga interrogated.

Kagome got mad quickly. ~Why does everyone assume I can't take care of my self!? ~ "Kouga… I don't need Inuyasha to be with me at all times. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." She said trying to remain call, but failing as soon a strange wind was beginning to wrap around her.

~Whoa, what's that? Is it Kagome causing the wind? ~ Kouga grinned to himself as he thought. ~With Dog Shit gone I can finally take Kagome. She'll make the perfect mother of my cubs. ~

"So, you're all alone?"

"Yes, I am. Inuyasha has Kikyo…" Kagome had to stop. She felt herself getting choked up. ~Damn him. Why can't I stay mad at him? What's with this stupid emotion? I've got to do something to get rid of this. Oooo. ~

"Kouga-kun, would you mind if I stayed with you awhile? Just until I can get myself settled?" Kagome asked as she gave him the sweetest smile she could muster. But it wasn't necessary.

"Of course! Come I'll take you to my den." With that Kouga grabbed her and started to run away. ~He he he. Finally I have her. Once she comes to the den she won't be able to leave me. ~

"Kouga-kun! Kouga-kun stop! I want to walk. Put me down!" Kagome shouted from his side. "Let me go right now!" she shouted as she shot a small amount of energy at him to get his attention. He dropped her instantly from the pain in his side.

He saw her fall as if in slow motion. "Kagome!"

But his effort was unnecessary. Kagome didn't get hurt from her landing. She did a splendid flip on her way down and landed crouched on the ground totally unharmed.

~Whoa! When did I learn to do that? I've ever been one for acrobatics. And when did I get these powers? And how can I use them so naturally? ~

"Ka… Kagome?" Kouga stuttered. ~What's with Kagome? First she walks around by herself, and now she now these amazing skills. How did she learn all this so quickly? ~

Kagome soon gained herself. "Kouga-kun, shall we go?" She asked in a false calm.

"Ye... Yes." Kouga stammered in reply, still in shock. He turned and started to walk in the direction of his den. It was not too far off. But at the rate they were going, it would take them till around nightfall to get there.

*************************************************************** *********

"Kukukukuku. So my plan is working. That is all Kanna, you are excused."

Kanna bowed respectively and carried her mirror out of the room. Naraku continued to laugh as he remembered seeing Kikyo, Inuyasha and Co, setting up camp for the night.

*flashback*

Kikyo is sitting in a field collecting herbs for the village she takes care of. The Shini-dama-chuu are floating overhead, giving the field an eerie glow.

"I know you're there Naraku. I also know you've been watching me. State your business." Kikyo said cold with he back still to Naraku.

"As perceptive as ever Kikyo. How do you keep so keen?"

"My patient grows thin Naraku." Kikyo said as she gets up to look at the figure coming towards her.

"Very well Kikyo, I'll get to the point. Do you still love Inuyasha? "

"Love is a very strong word." Kikyo replied. "What I want is to have Inuyasha like I was deprived of so long ago. I want Inuyasha to suffer as I did. Inuyasha will go to hell with me."

"As I thought. But Inuyasha will not go to hell with you. His heart is with the girl from the future. It is what keeps him here, his love for her is strong then his guilt over your death. In the end he will break his promise and stay with her." Naraku said, taking joy in seeing the anger grow in Kikyo.

"Have you come here for something else?" the dead miko said hotly.

"What if I told you I can get Inuyash to go to hell with you? Get him to leave your reincarnation and not think of her again?"

Kikyo's interest increased when Naraku said that, but she looked skeptical. "How?"

"As you WELL know, my plots of betrayal are strong indeed." Kikyo glowered at this. "All that is necessary this time is a new moon; a forest, a well-placed demon and an appearance form a certain dead miko." Naraku said offering her but just a taste of his spectacular plan.

She seemed very interested now and he sensed it. "Ahh, I see you're interested. So what do you say Kikyo? Shall we work together again?"

*end flashback*

"Thank you, Kikyo, for accepting. Now you can have Inuyasha and I can have the miko girl. Her power will be mine. Now that she no longer thinks Inuyasha has feelings for her, she will be easier to control. Kukuku. Then you can have her Onigumo."

*************************************************************** *********

"Kouga-kun, how much farther is it?" Kagome asked. She had been walking for a while and was beginning to tire.

"Only a little my dear. I wouldn't mind carrying you the rest…" Kouga offered.

"No. I don't need people to take care of me. I was only curious." Kagome interrupted. ~I can't keep letting people help me. I must be strong. ~ With a new resolve, Kagome quickened her pace.

~Humph. She's determined along side beautiful and strong. Oh, how very lucky I am. ~ Kouga thought to himself as they rounded the last corner and arrived at the den.

"Home sweet home." He told the girl beside him.

~Well, it's not what I'd choose but at least I can start to get over Inuyasha. Hey, who knows, Kouga's a nice guy. He's even kinda cute, maybe I can grow to love him instead of the two timing jerk. ~ Kagome thought to herself as Ginta and Hakkaku ran toward them.

"Kouga, where were you? We were beginning to wor…" Ginta started, but stopped when he saw Kagome standing there. She looked different. Her face had lost some of its kindness and was replaces with sadness. Her aura was also different; it was stronger and bolder. It gave off a semi-ominous feel.

"Hello nee-san," Hakkaku said.

"My name is Kagome. And it's good to see you again Hakkaku, and you too Ginta." Kagome corrected him politely.

"Kagome will be staying with us." Kouga said with a smug look on his face. It reminded Kagome of Inuyasha in a way. She shook that thought from her mind.

"For a while," Kagome said, continuing to correct the wolf youkai standing in front and beside her.

"Let's get inside. It's beginning to get dark." Kouga ordered.

Kagome gave him a slight, but sweet smile. She was tired and wanted to sleep.

But Kouga took it as more then just simple gratitude. ~She's already coming around. ~ He thought as he walked into the den.

Everyone stared as the four walked in. Most remembered the human girl as Kagome, the one Kouga intended to marry. The women gave the poor miko the stink eye as she passed. (A/N: Yes I said stink eye. I love using that phrase. lol)

Kouga grabbed Kagome's waist. She stopped walking when she felt his arm on her. Her first instinct was to slap him. But she reminded herself that she was trying to get over Inuyasha.

"Ummm, Kouga-kun, It's been a long day. I'd like to go to sleep," Kouga's grin increased at this.

"Sure Kagome, you can sleep," Kagome didn't like his tone. It was full of lust and seduction.

"Ummm, thanks. I'm so tired. I can't do ANYTHING." Kagome said trying to get her point across. ~IM NOT INTERESTED! ~ Her mind screamed.

~I don't want to push Kagome. I'll wait. ~ Kouga thought as he moved his arm from her waist and grabbed her hand. He began to guide her through the den. "This way."

They soon arrived in a room. It had a few mats and a sheet in it, as what she could only assume was a bad. But she was so tired she would have slept anywhere. "Thank you Kouga-kun."

"I'll stay until you fall asleep." He offered sensing her nervousness. Kouga thought it was because he was going to leave her. But in actually it was because he was going to stay. But she didn't want to be rude; he was being very hospitable.

"Ummm… ok. Good Night Kouga-kun." Kagome said as she climbed in. She turned around when she felt an arm grab her wrist.

"Kouga-ku…"

"Don't, you don't need to address me like that. Its just Kouga." He informed her, starring into her eyes.

Kagome felt odd under his gaze. It was guilt, combined with sadness. Guilt that she didn't love him, and sadness that she even had to pretend in the first place.

"What happened Kagome? Why aren't you with Dog Shit?"

"His name is Inuyasha," Kagome corrected. She felt a jab in her heart. She didn't want to think about him. She was quiet for a while.

"Did he do something to you Kagome?" Kouga inquired further. The youkai stood up, "If he did I swear I'll…"

"Kouga calm down. Inuyasha didn't do anything to me, he would never hurt me." ~At least not physically. I look too much like the dead bitch. ~ "We just went our separate ways. I'm really not in the mood to talk right now, I'm really tired." Kagome gave Kouga a pleading look.

The demon laid off. She seemed fine physically and she could talk to him when she was ready. "Ok," he said as she sat down against the wall near her.

This too reminded Kagome of Inuyasha. Again, she had to beat herself up mentally. ~Stop thinking of him! ~ She soon fell to sleep from exhaustion.

*************************************************************** *********

Sango lay awake well into the night. Although she was tired she couldn't rest. She was to weary of Kikyo to do so. She patted the head of the kitsune next to her. He had slept with her that night, missing Kagome. The monk was also near. Though usually Sango would have kept her distance, things were different now.

~He's been acting a lot better now. I wonder if he noticed that I called him Miroku-sama and not Houshi-sama. He's been acting so noble, like now he's the man in charge because of Inuyasha's behavior. ~ She looked at the said hanyou.

He was sleeping in a tree as usual. ~What's with him? First he cries, then let's Kikyo join us, and I know he doesn't love her. Kikyo has done something to him; I know it. This is not the Inuyasha any of us know. I'll get to the bottom of this. I'll find out what happened to Kagome and bring her back. ~

Sango's head turned yet again, this time falling on Kikyo's clay body. ~Enjoy your time with us Kikyo, for it's going to be VERY short lived. ~ A grin crossed the taijya's face at the thought.

The bushes rustled. ~Odd, there's no wind. What's there? ~ Sango gripped Hiraikotsu. A boy walked out of the bushes.

"Kohaku?" ~What's he doing here? ~ Sango asked as she saw her brother walk toward her. She had conflicted emotions. Part of her was happy to see her brother, while the other was weary of what Naraku had up his sleeve.

"Nee-san," Kohaku said as he reached her.

"Nani?" Sango questioned. Her brother had no memory of her or anyone. He couldn't have just called her `sister.' "What did you say?"

"Nee-san," he repeated. "Don't worry sister. This is no trick. I ran away from Naraku." He sat down in front of the stunned exterminator. "Recently, I regained my memories. I couldn't stand taking his orders any longer. Not knowing what he did to us. Sango, I don't belong here."

"What are you talking about? Now that Naraku no longer has control of you, you can join us…"

"Nee-san, I mean that I don't belong in this world. I should have died that day. I just came to say that I love you and good-bye. Be happy sister, defeat Naraku, get married, and be happy. I know how you fell about the monk." Sango blushed. But she soon realized why Kohaku was saying this.

"No Kohaku, don't!" But it was too late. The boy had already taken out his lifeline, the Shikon shard. The last thing he said was a final, I love you.

Before Sango could react, a Saimyoushou came and took the shard. Sango held her brother close and cried herself to sleep.

*************************************************************** *********

So? How was it? I know, I know, I'm so mean. I killed Kohaku AND gave Naraku the shard. Now Kagome's with Kouga and everyone is just all around miserable. Naraku's planning something. What? Well I'm not going to tell you. You'll just have to come back and read.

Am I the only one sensing some Miroku/Sango action? Hmmm… it's not even intentional. Oh well. I love that couple too. lol.

I'll try to update by the 19th. Remember to review. The more review, the more motivation, which cancels out writers block, then I faster type, and the sooner you get a review. Get it? Just REVIEW. PLEASE REVIEW!

animeluvr8