InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions Let Loose ❯ A Trip to the Future ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gonem! Sumimasen! *bows repeatedly* I know, I know I'm late. My life has just been getting really complicated. It seems like every time I try to make it better, some else gets pissed at me. So I haven't really been able to think about much else. And I think I'm in love, I can't stop thinking about my boyfriend. That's been interfering with my writing too. Plus, I've had writers block. But when it finally left, it was because I had another story idea. A Harry Potter one, so I had to type some of that or my mind wouldn't let me concentrate on anything else.

See? I've just had one thing after another. And I'm really sorry. I hate disappointing you guys. But, now that some of my life is in order I'll be trying to get back on track. And I think I figured something out, if ever you want an update on how my story is going just look at my live journal. There I can say what's happening and I'll warn you if I think I'm going to be late. My live journal is at, www.livejournal.com. My username is still animeluvr8. I use that for everything. Again I'm really sorry. But enough of my rambling, here's the story. R&R!

Guide: "…" = speech,

***** = scene change,

^^^^^ = happening simultaneously but to different characters or from another character's point of view,

~…~ = thoughts,

(…) = author commentary to help create better comprehension of the story

New Vocabulary: youki- demon energy

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. I can barley control my life, let alone a TV show.

**************************************************************** ********

Title: Emotions Let Loose

Chapter 3: A Trip to the Future

"I'm going for a walk. No Kouga, I fine on my own." Kagome said as she walked out the den and into the early afternoon sun. She didn't even need to look back to know that Kouga was following her. It was inevitable.

"A week. It's been exactly on week since I left Inuyasha." The thought created a painful stab in her heart. She quickly tried to change her train of thought.

"I wonder what Mom, Souta and Grandpa are doing? It's been two weeks since I've seen them. They must be worried." Another stab. She needed to get her mind off her troubles. "Archery," she said.

She walked faster and farther into the forest. She knew it well by now. She had been coming here a lot lately. It made the ideal place to practice and experiment with her new powers. Trees made great target practice and the occasional minor youkai was perfect for using her knew skills.

Skills, which had grown a lot in the past week. The young miko could now call her powers at will. Where as before, she has to be angry to tap into them. She sensed auras better too. She could easily tell the presence of the den but its immense about of youki. Which became very useful about three nights ago. She had gotten lost in the forest and had only found her way out by feeling the aura of demon power from the den. Kagome also always knew when a demon was near. She could pinpoint its exact location and strength.

Her ability to sense shards had increased as well. Before her maximum distance was barely 8 kilometers (A/N: about 5 miles). But that number had increase by at least ten times that amount. Now she could sense them from as far as 32 kilometers (A/N: about 20 miles).

But beyond her spiritual changes, she had changed physically too. Kagome's speed had tripled, perhaps even quadrupled. She could now get from the forest to the den in a few minutes flat. And those acrobatics she did when she first moved in with Kouga? Nothing. Some how, she could do more then an Olympic gymnast. She decided to get a little practice on that too.

Kagome took off into a sprint. Then suddenly jumped into the air, flipping in perfect tuck formation several times. Then, coming out of that position, spun angelically in mid air. All the while, sending off a volley of arrows into the hearts of nearby trees.

When she landed, a perfect dismount of course, she looked around to see the damage. But it wasn't damage at all. She had made each arrow dead on into the very center of the trunk. This too baffled her, to think that just about six months ago she couldn't even stretch back the bow.

She slightly chuckled at the thought. She had grown a lot in the past half a year. Before, she was an average teenage girl. Her biggest fear then was that her hair wasn't cooperating. Or her makeup was messed up. Or her grades not being up to par. She laughed even harder at that. Grades were something she barley cared about anymore. That went out the window with her hair and makeup. Now she had REAL fears, REAL problems. She had to worry about her life, demons coming and attacking, Naraku and his minions. People in her era didn't know how good they had it.

**************************************************************** ********

"Come back here Child! Come back!!" A toad like little man carrying a staff yelled, chasing after an average looking ten year old girl.

"WEEEEE!" The girl yelled as she continued to run. "You must catch Rin to make her stop, Jaken."

"Cursed Child!" Jaken yelled as he tried in vain to catch up to her.

"Rin, stop running." Said a calm, cool, emotionless voice. It belonged to a tall, handsome youkai. He had long, flowing, luscious, silver hair and beautiful amber eyes. Eyes, that were also emotionless but seemed also to hide something, something deep down inside.

The girl stopped in her tracks immediately. "Okay Sesshoumaru-sama." Rin said as she dropped down to her knees, and began picking flowers and humming.

Jaken walked up to Sesshoumaru, "My lord, where do we go next?" He asked. But he seemed to soon regret that. Jaken backed away, tripping on his staff. "Forgive me my Lord. I don't mean to question yo…"

But he was cut off as the larger youkai punched him away. "Quiet Jaken." Sesshoumaru said she he sat by a tree and started to meditate.

"Of Course My Lord, of course. Whatever you say," Jaken said bowing and cowering away.

As Jaken backed away scared, the Lord of the Western Lands became deep in thought. ~It has been seven days since I discovered Naraku's plan against my half-breed brother. I still cannot decide if I should warn him. Father would want it. It was his dying wish for us to get along one day. ~

Sesshoumaru slightly cringed at the thought. He would never tell anyone, but he missed his father, he wasn't as cold hearted as people thought. ~Father, you may have disgraced us by mating with a human, but at least you were happy. I find myself more miserable each and everyday. By now, I should have settled down and begun a family. The urge grows steadily in me. I thought taking in Rin would help settle the impulse, but it seems to have made it only stronger. My love for the human child needs to be given to my own. But who? Who is my perfect mate, Father? Inuyasha has found his, even if he won't admit it. Even I can tell their love for each other. What is to become of me? Am I to be alone? ~

These questions had been echoing in the inu youkai's mind for ages. But no answers ever came. So, Sesshoumaru decided to go back to a more answerable question. Should he help Inuyasha or not?

The hours slipped passed and soon it was almost sun set. Jaken and Rin were around a fire. Rin was beginning to dose off into a peaceful slumber. The Lord suddenly stood, walked over and announced. "We leave in the morning."

He then went back to his meditation spot. ~I may not have my own family. But I can honor the wish of those who have left this plane. ~

**************************************************************** ********

"Please Sango, you must eat." Miroku said. It was dinnertime and the group had stopped for the night. Kikyo was again away from the group meditating. Inuyasha was still out of it and didn't seem to be making very much progress. His aura was still being controlled, but it now seemed to be fighting back. By the fire, fast asleep and curled up was Shippou. Miroku was holding up a bowl of noodles to Sango, trying to get her to eat. But she just sat there, staring off into space.

She had been doing a lot of that the past week. The taijya seemed to have lost the will to do a lot of things. Eating, sleeping, walking, talking. She was devastated. First by Kagome's departure, then Kohaku's sacrifice. She seemed to be loosing every one she cared about, and all in the same week. Miroku would have mourned with her but he had to be strong. He had to keep trying to get Sango to react. Thought he made process, it was slow and tedious. Then again he couldn't blame her. It was always hard to loose a family member.

*flashback*

Miroku awoke to the sound of a women's cry. He blinked a few times to get the sleep out his eyes. But he was instantly awake. For in front of him was Sango holding the dead form of her little brother. Miroku got up and walked over to his love.

"Sango? Sango, what happened? Did Naraku do this?" But Sango only cried harder. "Please Sango, tell me."

"No… not… Naraku. Kohaku… gave up his l… life." She said barley able to string words together. The pain was just too much, too unbearable. How many people did she have to loose? Why were the gods doing this too her?

Soon strong arms embraced her. She broke out of her stupor enough to look up at the person. "Miroku."

"Its ok Sango. Kohaku's death is for the best. Now Naraku can no longer use him and he ca rest in peace. He's with the rest of your family now. I'm sure he's much happier. And he'd want you to be too."

"How? How can I b… be happy? All my fa…family is dead. Everyone." Sango cried into Miroku's shoulder.

"Not everyone is dead." Sango looked up at him in surprise. "Nani."

"We love you Sango. Even though Kagome left, she loves you as well. And if it makes you feel any better, I'm here for you. And I'll never leave." The monk said as they stared into each other's eyes. They were leaning into each other, but it wasn't right.

~No. ~ Miroku thought. ~This is wrong. She's mourning. I can't take advantage of that. She's just beginning to trust me. I won't break that trust. ~ So, with an enormous effort, Miroku broke the trance they were under.

"Come, Kohaku deserves a burial." Miroku said as he stood up and lifted the boy's body into his arms. Sango got up and followed him away.

*end flashback*

~It's a good thing I woke up when I did. I doubt if Kikyo would have been very sympathetic. Sango needed to see her brother have a proper burial for some closure. Though, it doesn't seem to have worked too well. Then again I can't blame her. She had to watch her brother kill himself. If only she would talk to me. She's barely said a sentence since that night. She won't even move Kirara has had to carry her on our journeys. ~ Miroku thought as she stared at Sango. She still had not moved.

"Thank you," said a weak, quiet voice taking Miroku from his thoughts.

"Sango?"

"Thank you Miroku-sama. You've been very helpful to me. I don't know if I could have made it through without your help." Sango said, as she looked deep into the monk's eyes.

"Sango, I would never think of letting you deal with this on your own. This is a tragedy to the whole world. Kohaku was a great person." Miroku said moving closer to her and placing his hand on top of hers.

Sango hadn't been expecting that. Then again Miroku had been surprising her a lot lately. He had stopped feeling her up and even was being very kind. He had earned the right to be called by his name. As she looked into his eyes, she saw something radiating from them. But what was it? Could it be…? No, it wasn't. She was just desperate and alone. She was just making it up. It wasn't love.

But as his hand tighten on hers and his other reached up to cradle her chin, all her grief was momentarily whipped away. All that existed was she and Miroku, and she found it increasingly harder not to kiss him.

"Miroku-sama…"

"Don't. Its just Miroku. We've known each other long enough. Please Lady Sango." Miroku asked leaning still closer to her.

"Then its just Sango for you as well. Please?" The women asked, their faces a mere two inches from the others.

"Of course, what ever you wish." Now the gap was just half and inch. They could each feel the other's ragged, breathe on them. ~This is it. ~ They both thought, just when their lips were about to touch.

"Wha cha doin?"

The two broke apart quickly. Their faces went beyond a blush of pink. They were burgundy. Shippou had woken up and wanted to know what the two were doing.

"Shippou." Said Miroku trying to steady himself. But it was hard. The kid had just ruined the mood. All the monk wanted to do was strangle him. And Sango was thinking on about the same lines.

"Nani?" the kid asked innocently. ~Why do I get the feeling that I should run? ~ The kitsune backed away. "I think I'll go back to sleep now."

This stopped the adults from killing him, but it was too late for them to resume where they left off. So they sat in silence. Sango began to eat. She was very hungry. After that they too fell asleep. But they were much closer then they had ever slept before.

As the others slept, Inuyasha sat in his tree. H was having one of the biggest struggles of his life.

~What did Kikyo do to me? Why can't I fully control my body? I need to figure out what's going on. Why can't I remember stuff? It's like someone erased my memory and took me over. All I can remember is Kikyo, Sango, Miroku, and Shippou. It feels like someone was taken form me. Why? I need to remember. It hurts not to know. ~

Inuyasha shifted uncomfortably. ~Who is it? Who is this girl is the girl in my dreams? Why is she so familiar? Why's her smile make me melt? But also feel this guilt? ~ Inuyasha thought harder. He needed to remember.

"Kagome."

**************************************************************** ********

"Kukukukuku. My plan could not have gone any better. Inuyasha can no longer hinder my plans, Kikyo has been put off my trail and Kagome is far too wrapped up in her new skills to realize the trap."

"What about Kohaku? That was not part of your plan was it?" A woman asked from the doorway.

"No Kagura, Kohaku's death was not part of my plans. But it makes no difference. I merely added his jewel to my collection a little early. And do not question me again Kagura." Naraku said as he squeezed something in his hand.

Kagura clutched her chest, right where her head was. Or should be. For it was in the possession of Naraku. Its what binds her to him. ~Damn him. Still using me as his pawn. One day I shall have my freedom. Then I can dance among the winds. ~

Naraku stopped squeezing, "Kagura you have another mission. The wolf prince Kouga, he still has two shards. You need to go retrieve them. At any means necessary. Kill him if you wish."

Kagura bowed in mock respect and walked out the room. She soon reached the courtyard and pulled a feather form her hair. It expanded and became large enough for a person to ride on. Kagura hopped on and soon took off into the wind. The early morning sun warmed her as it rose above the horizon.

"Ahhhhhh. It feels soooo nice to be in the air. It's as close to freedom as I can get." The wind sorceress thought as the wind wrapped around and hugged her. "Hmmmmmm… so Naraku wants me to kill Kouga and get the shards. Too bad he was kinda cute too."

**************************************************************** ********

Kagome had just finished eating breakfast. She was being unusually quiet.

"Kagome? Is something wrong?" Kouga asked her concerned.

Kagome snapped out of her thoughts. "Mmmm? Oh, I was just thinking. It's been over two weeks since I've seen my family. I miss them."

Kouga could understand and felt for her. Wolves needed to be with a member of their pack at all times. It was their nature. "Why don't you go see them today?"

"Really? I should. I don't even want to imagine how far behind in school I am." Kagome thought aloud.

Though kouga didn't know what "school" was. He didn't want her to get behind in anything. "Well that settles it. You're going." He said standing up and grabbing her hand.

"What?" Kagome asked as Kouga grabbed her in his arms and started to run off. "Hey! Put me down. I can walk by my self. Do you even know where you're going?"

"You said you wanted to see them. Well, I can get you there faster." Kouga said looking down at her with a grin.

"Do you even know where "there" is?" Kagome asked.

"Yeah, the town that Dog Shit was in so long." Kouga said picking up his pace.

"Yes. And how many time must I tell you, its Inuyasha."

Soon the Goshinboku was in sight. Kouga landed and gently put Kagome down. She checked her watch. It was only quarter till seven, if she hurried. She could get to school. "Thank you Kouga." Kagome said as she turned and walked toward the well. Just as she was about to hop in, the wolf's curiosity got the better of him.

"Where are you going?"

"Oh, I forgot you don't know. Well it's a bit of a long story, but to make it simple. I'm from another time. The future. And this is how I can travel back and forth thru time."

"Another time? I'm coming with." Kouga said about to hop in as well.

"No. Only I can pass through." Kagome told him. It was a lie, but she didn't think it best to tell him Inuyasha was the only other person that could travel thru the portal.

Kouga looked upset. "I'll be back in a day or so. I just need to catch up with my family."

"Ok. I'll be here." Kouga said sitting down by the well.

Kagome was about to protest, but a beep of her watch told her that it was already seven o'clock. School started in forty-five minutes, she needed to hurry.

"Ok," she said as she jumped in and was taken by the blue light.

Once on the other side she ran full force to her house. "Mom, I'm home!" She ran into the kitchen and saw a note on the fridge.

"Dear Kagome,

If you're reading this, welcome home. I'd love to be there to tell you that but your Aunt Faye needed me. We're all over at her house and should be back by the 9th.

Love,

Mom."

Kagome looked at her watch again. It was only the 7th. Oh well, so she'd be alone for a few days. It was ok, now she could get more work done. She ran upstairs and quickly showered and dressed. By the time she was done it was already 7:30.

"Shit!" Kagome said as she ran out her house and toward school.

But she had forgotten about her new speed and made it there in only five minutes, instead of her usual fifteen. She stopped to a walk as she made her way up the steps.

"Higurashi!" An eager voice called her name. Kagome turned around reluctantly. She knew that voice, Hojo.

"Hi Hojo," Kagome said plastering a fake smile on her face. But as usual, he was oblivious.

"How are you? Did you get over your fear of the wind?" Hojo asked concerned.

~GRANDPA! ~ "Yes, I'm fine now. Thank you Hojo." She could tell he was going to ask her out again. But she was spared as the five-minute bell rang warning people to head toward their classes. She said a quick goodbye and left.

The day went by slowly. She didn't get a single thing about what her teachers said. The only interesting thing was that her history class had changed units. Now they were on the Sengoku Jidai.

As Kagome left school for the day, she was again called by an overly eager voice.

"Hi again Hojo." He looked nervous, more so then usual.

"I ummm… well… I guess I should just do this." He said. Kagome braced her self to turn him down yet again. But she wasn't ready for what he did.

Hojo grabbed her and pulled her toward him. He kissed her. At first Kagome was just in shock and didn't do anything. But soon she was taken by the kiss. He mind began to wander and went of course to Inuyasha.

She could almost feel his arms around her. Smell his earthy scent. It was just they, locked in an eternal kiss of true love. Nothing could stop them, except one thing. Kikyo. Suddenly Inuyasha was taken from her. Kikyo was dragging him to hell. Away from her forever. She felt her anger rise and with it, he powers.

"AHHHHH!" Kagome was brought back to reality. Before her was not Inuyasha and Kikyo. But Hojo standing back, looking scared. It seemed like Kagome had used her powers in reality as well as her dream. Hojo wasn't hurt, just frightened.

Without warning, explanation, or apology, she left. She ran back to her house and toward the well. She hopped in and arrived back into feudal Japan.

"Kagome?" Kouga asked. He wasn't expecting her. When he saw her his confusion increased. She was glowing. He power was creating a wind around her. She was looking around with an evil grin on her face.

"Kagome?" Kouga asked again timidly.

"Kouga," she answered. But the voice didn't belong to her. It was evil and full of hatred and mischief. Her grin increased and the evil in her eyes sparkled. "I have a plan."

**************************************************************** ********

Well how was it? I hope you liked it. Again, I'm REALLY sorry for being late. I've never been this late before. I'm ashamed of myself. But I promise to be on time next chapter. I wanna write this one as much as you'll wanna read it. Trust me you'll love it. Anyone in the mood for a battle between mikos?

animeluvr8