InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions Let Loose ❯ FIGHT! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm back! And I'm on time, sorta. YAY! I managed to write this chapter in just a week. That's a new record for me. I guess I just REALLY wanted to write this chapter. This is the long awaited chapter. I wrote this whole story off this and one other scene. All Kikyo fans beware, Kikyo haters… Your dreams are about to come true.

Guide: "…" = speech,

***** = scene change,

^^^^^ = happening simultaneously but to different characters or from another character's point of view,

~…~ = thoughts,

(…) = author commentary to help create better comprehension of the story

New Vocabulary: none

Disclaimer: Not yet, but I'm trying. Inuyasha still belongs to Rumiko Takashi. *pout*

*************************************************************** *********

Title: Emotions Let Loose

Chapter 5: FIGHT!

"Kaze no Kizu!" Inuyasha yelled. But the youkai was too fast. It dodged the attack for the fourth time. "Damn you! You won't get away!" the inu youkai yelled.

The enemy demon had managed a lot. It had injured Shippou, Miroku and Sango easily. They were trouble-free prey because Sango was still not in fighting condition. Shippou was as usual not much help and Miroku was left trying to defend then both, leaving him very exhausted. But surprisingly the demon had not killed them as it effortlessly could have. And Kikyo and Inuyasha remained relatively unshaved.

"Inuyasha," Kikyo ordered. Inuyasha ran to her obediently, like dog. The dead miko climbed onto his back. "You three stay here. In your condition you are useless." She said turning to the others and continuing to order people around. She then tightened her grip on Inuyasha, signaling that she was ready to leave.

"Be careful Inuyasha," Miroku said watching the pair run off into woods. "I fear this battle to be more then it seems." He then turned his attention to his two injured companions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^

"Are you sure about the demon is up to it?" Kagome asked concerned. "This can't go wrong, or my whole plan is out the window."

"Don't worry my love, the demon can handle Dog Shit and deliver him to us." Kouga said moving closer to the miko next to him.

"Kouga, first off, I'm not your love. Second, for the umpteenth time its I-nu-ya-sha. (A/N: I believe that's how its broken down)" Kagome said trying to keep her temper down. She needed to conserve her energy for what lie ahead. But despite her efforts, she began to glow her evil purple aura.

Kouga saw this and remembered the last time her had seen her like this. It was just a few days ago, the day she came back from the well.

*flashback*

"Um… Kagome? Are you ok? What happened?"

"I'm fine Kouga. I had a revelation is all that happened." Kagome said still in her sickeningly evil voice. Her evil grin continued to grow. "People are about to receive their just rewards." Kagome said turning and walking to Kaede's village.

"Wait! Where are you going!?" Kouga said running after her. Which was slightly hard as she was going at her top speed. Speed that seemed to yet again, have increased.

"I need to consult someone." Kagome answered upon reaching the village. The duo was soon in front of Kaede's hut.

"Please wait outside." Kagome said before entering.

At least an hour passed before she emerged. Kouga had tried to listen in but couldn't. Finally Kagome came out, looking immensely happy. "Did your meeting go well?"

"Very well. My plan will go very smoothly. But only if you are willing to help me?" Kagome said.

"Of course." Kouga replied immediately. ~She's so different. She was more mature, smarter, determined. ~

"Thank you." Kagome laughed. It was a high, shrill, evil laugh. "This is going to be perfect."

*end flashback*

~This better work. I hope Kaede was right. ~ Kagome thought as she waited like a hawk for her prey.

*flashback*

"Hello Kaede-baa-chan." Kagome said entering the hut.

"Kagome! Where have ye been? All have been highly worried." Kaede exclaimed standing up. For an old woman, she was in excellent condition.

~Must be the miko powers keeping her like that. ~ Kagome thought. "I'm sorry to worry you all. One second." She stood facing the door, muttering. A blue light started at the base of the door and traveled through out the hut. ~There. That should block Kouga's demon hearing. ~

~Amazing, just a few weeks ago the child could barley purify a demon. Now she's putting spells on entire huts. ~ The women thought. "Where have ye been?"

"I just needed to leave Inuyasha. He has no need for me, so I left."

"No need for ye? Why I have seen the inu youkai. He is not well. Inuyasha DOES need you." Kaede said forcefully.

"How is he?" Kagome asked. ~Something tells me he's not ok. And Kikyo has something to do with it. ~

"He seems reserved, more so then usual. I fear that my late sister, Kikyo, has something to do with it." Kaede said sitting back down with a defeated air.

"How so?" Kagome said trying to keep her voice neutral. But she was fighting a loosing battle. She was vexed for Inuyasha and worried about what her previous incarnation had done to him.

"His aura is being controlled. Similar to ye's power with the osuwari necklace, but different. Like the demon is being controlled against his will. I can sense no enemy energy, only miko. That is why I suspect Kikyo of controlling him."

"I see," Kagome said slowly, letting all this information sink in. As she sat there, the elderly miko spoke.

"Ye seems different my child. Ye's aura and power his grown exponentially. How did this come about?" ~She's sitting there with such pose and modesty. She seems beyond her years. ~

"I don't know really. I was really angry with Inuyasha and I felt this energy swell inside me. I went into a forest and encountered a demon. Somehow, I managed to purify it myself. I don't know how. I just knew it was coming and shot it. It was so odd, yet so right…"

"I thought this would happen. Ye are not just a copy of my sister. Ye are a reincarnation that has gained power and skill for over 500 years. Ye has great potential. Ye just needed training, but ye seems to have done well on ye's own." Kaede said. (A/N: Am I the only one that hates the "ye" and stuff? Geeze women, learn how to talk. But I have to keep ppl IC.)

"Thank you." Kagome said blushing in embarrassment. "About that spell on Inuyasha… How would one go about breaking it?" Kagome tried to ask with out seeming too interested.

"Well, I am not sure what kind of spell in on him. It seems to put him at my sister's will and wipe out some of his memory. A spell of this sort must be taken off my the controller or broken from the inside out."

"Oh," said a dejected Kagome. ~Looks like my plan's be out the window. ~

"But," Kaede said seeing the look on the child's face. "There may be a way. If ye can make him remember what it is he is not supposed to, it would void the incantation, freeing Inuyasha."

"Thank you Kaede-baa-chan." Kagome said standing up and bowing respectfully.

"Ye are welcome. But what are ye planning?" The miko asked curiously.

The grin returned to Kagome's face, "Oh nothing. Just righting a few wrongs." She said, leaving a very curious and anxious woman behind.

*end flashback*

"NO!" Kikyo said as they approached. "You!"

~It's the Girl. The one from my dreams. Kagome. ~ Inuyasha thought as they came up upon two figures. His heart suddenly swelled as it always did when he thought about her. He had yet to figure out who she was and why he had this reaction. He then noticed the person next to her and was overcome with hatred and anger. He may not remember who it was, but he remembered the animosity.

"You're behind this?" Kikyo asked getting off of Inuyasha's back. "I underestimated you slightly." Kikyo said menacingly as she stared Kagome down.

There was silence for a while. The two duos stood there trying to intimidate the other pair. A low growl was escaping from Inuyasha as he looked at Kouga. A smirk crossed Kagome's face, confusing her counterpart.

Suddenly Kagome took off running, followed closely by Kouga. Kikyo and Inuyasha ran after them.

"Why are you running Kagome?" Kikyo said with a smirk as she slowly caught up to her reincarnation. ~I'll have Inuyasha kill her. Kuku How ironic. ~

~Who is this guy? Ko… Koug… KOUGA! It's Kouga! My enemy. But why? ~ Inuyasha questioned as he ran faster and faster to try and keep up with Kouga's shard induced speed. Though still confused, his mind was clearer then it had been in ages. His only focus was to kill Kouga, get him out the way.

But her laughter was soon ended when Kagome and Kouga suddenly took different directions. Inuyasha continued to follow Kouga. At first Kikyo didn't mind, but soon Kagome's speed increased and she found it hard to keep up. "Inuyasha!"

No answer.

"Inuyasha!!"

Still no answer, Kikyo was scarred now. She had the feeling of being surrounded.

"INUYASHA!" She tried again, this time getting an answer.

"He can't hear you. Even if he could, he wouldn't be able to get in. Only those I want can enter." A voice said. Kikyo turned around, but saw no one. The voice seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

"What's the matter? Is the great Kikyo confused, alone and scared?" The voice continued to taunt from the trees.

"Me scared? You're the one hiding in the trees… Kagome?" Kikyo retorted, trying to sound confidence. But the truth was the accuser's words had strong foundation.

The voice laughed, it was high, shrill, and evil. "good guess. Then again, what else should I have expected? You are a powerful miko. But your reign will soon come to an end."

"Oh really," Kikyo said now actually confident. Like the little girl from the future could do anything to her. She felt a fool to have been afraid at all. "Stop being a coward, come out here and face me."

"Anxious are we?" Kagome said walking out of the trees. "I was going to let you live a little longer, but oh well. Might as well get a jump on the inevitable."

"Do you honestly think you can win? Your just my worthless copy." Kikyo said taking a step toward Kagome.

"Oh really?" Kagome said. But she was no longer standing a ways from Kikyo, but a mere two inches. To say Kikyo was surprised would be an understatement. Never before had she seen such speed. Power radiated off the girl, giving her an ominous glow. "This ends now. Only one of us can exist. I'll take back my soul and Inuyasha."

*************************************************************** *********

Wouldn't it SUCK of I ended here? Don't worry, I wouldn't. I want to live to at least have a make out session w/my boyfriend. But ur reactions were hilarious. Lmgdmfao. Ok I'll shut up now.

*************************************************************** *********

Kagome took a step back, knotting her arrow. It was aimed directly at the place Kikyo's heart would be. The arrow was released with perfect aim. But Kikyo's reflexes kicked in and she dived at the last second.

"Not that easy," Kikyo said straightening and getting her bow ready.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," the other miko said getting her bow ready.

And so it went. Each sent a volley of arrows at the other. Most of which were dodged or blocked and sent deep into the innocent trees around them. Trees, which were going down in number with each passing second. This was due to them being blown up by the amount of miko energy radiated in the area. Both parties were emanating power, but were also quickly tiring. The occasional nick or scratch occurred, but no major damage was done. Besides exhaust, each miko was in relatively perfect condition.

"AHHH!" Kagome said as she fell down. Kikyo had managed to catch her slightly off guard, hitting her in the leg. Though not where she was aiming, Kikyo was pleased to have taken her recreation down in some way.

"Did you really think you had a chance?" Kikyo asked as she walked triumphantly toward her fallen victim. "Now you'll understand. I'm superior. And now I'll be alive. I can finally have my soul back, and not have to suck the souls of others." Kikyo said reaching her and standing over the girl. "And Inuyasha. Just so you know before you die, I don't love him. But he's mine and he always will be. Goodbye Kagome." Kikyo said raising her bow. But Kagome started laugher her evil laugh yet again. "What are you laughing about?" Kikyo said snottily. (A/N: When I typed it, Word didn't underline it so I guess it's a word. You learn something new everyday.)

Kagome stood up from the ground. "Did you honestly think it would be that easy? Give me some credit. Like I'm THAT weak." Before Kikyo knew what was happening, she was pinned to a tree. "I'm not just a worthless copy of you. I'm an advancement, an upgrade, far superior to you in everyway."

Another few arrows ripped at Kikyo. Her souls were escaping her quickly. She felt weak and was loosing the ability to move. But she wasn't numb enough. She could still feel the pain of each and every arrow. Kagome's words, like daggers, ripped at Kikyo as well.

"I'm better then you in everyway. Intelligence, speed, strength, power." Kagome continued, but she heard a slight whimper from Kikyo. "Ohhhhh. Does it hurt? Do you want me to just end your life now? But I'm not done talking to you." Kagome said. She was now standing face to face with Kikyo.

"I've spent soooo much time trying to figure out why you were better then me. Why I couldn't just be my own person? Why you hated me so? But now I realize that it was you who were jealous at me. That's why you tried to kill me, why you tried to kill Inuyasha. But he will live, because I love him." Kikyo would have replied but she couldn't, all her souls were gone. All except the part stole from Kagome.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha screamed. ~I remember, I remember everything. I love Kagome, I love her. Please tell me she's ok. ~

"I won't drag it out any longer. Give me back my soul and go back to being the devils mistress in hell. Goodbye Kikyo."

With that a deafening scream was heard as the last of Kikyo's soul was ripped from her fake, clay body. The scream was followed by a blinding light and forceful wind. It knocked down both Kouga and Inuyasha as they arrived. After several minutes the light faded and the dust settled, revealing Kagome.

She had gone through yet another transformation. She stood proud and strong in the middle of the battlefield, surrounded yet again, by her powerful aura. But this one was different. It wasn't her pure white as at first, or the deep purple of her evil side but rather a beautiful blue. A blue so bright and enchanting that it took your breath away. But also wonderfully pale, as it faded into the white that was on the edges of the light.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha said walking closer to her. "Kagome?"

"Yes Inuyasha?" Kagome said smiling sweetly as she looked at him. She looked so serene and at peace.

"It is really over?"

"Yes, Kikyo has been sent back to her grave and I've gotten back my soul."

Inuyasha ran up to her grinning. "Now we can be together." He said, grabbing her hand. But she pulled it away, now frowning. A look of sadness was on her lovely face.

"I'm sorry Inuyasha, it's not that easy." She said looking him sadly in the eye.

"What? Why?" Inuyasha asked confused.

"It's just not that easy. I'm sorry my dear. I just can't," She said leaving yet again.

*************************************************************** *********

She left him again. It hurt to do so but she just had too. It never would have worked. It just wouldn't. They had too many things that were keeping them apart. Was their love really worth the pain?

"Kagome." She jumped. But it was only Kouga.

"Hello Kouga." Kagome said. He looked like he was going to ask her something. She had a bad feeling about it.

And she was right; because no sooner had the thought crossed her mind, had he grabbed her hand.

"Since you've gotten rid of Dog Shit, why don't you become my women?"

She again found herself taking her hand away from a guy. But this time much more forcefully. "How dare you!? I just got out of a deadly battle, and turned down the man I love. How much of a jerk can you get?" She yelled running away.

She ran for hours. Tears running down her face. She stopped bothering to wipe them. It was pointless they would just be replenished. She stopped to sit and rest, she was exhausted form battle and just needed to sleep. She had lost the man she loved.

"Oh, having troubles with Dog Boy?" A woman said before grabbing her.

*************************************************************** *********

Ok now I'm really done. I know it's another cliffy. But it just was the appropriate time to end. Sry. I hope you enjoyed it. I know I did. YAY!!!! Kikyo's dead. Party at my house!! *gets our party favors* anyway. My next chap should be out around the 17th.

Like Harry Potter? If so plz read my HP fic. Its called Destiny on FF.net. enjoy. REVIEW!!!!!!!!

animeluvr8