InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Everlasting ❯ Betrayal of the Moment ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her eyes widened with shock. The scene displayed before her, could it truly be real? He wouldn't expect her to be so foolish as to believe. But would her eyes betray her? No. It couldn't be. Her eyes as clear as the crystal she was born from. A searing pain slashed at her heart. `Where did I go wrong?' Crimson tears fell from her shattered eyes. Could he not sense how close her presence was? It no longer mattered. She turned and ran. It was all she could do. Her body wanted to stay and make him pay for his wrong doings but her heart told her to run. Just run and not stop till she could run no more. So she did. She just ran towards the blazing sun.
 
`This is perfect. I have him and she is left heart broken.' A look of satisfaction on the woman's face. Her long blond hair softly brushed against the ground then into the air with the blowing of the wind. Crystal angel wings attached to the back of her white dress. A crescent moon the color of clear morning sky on her forehead. Light pink ribbons laced the edges of her dress. Crystal earrings hung from her ears. “Soon I shall have what I want. Then hell shall fall and heaven will regain almighty power once again.” The land below the cliff she stood upon seemed to be at peace. A rare site during these ages. It was a time of much war. Especially between herself and her opposite.
 
The wind blew hard on the poor girls back. Her long midnight black hair blew along with it. She sat away from any trace of life. She was not yet ready to confront the pain again. She could feel her desire to see him again tugging at her heart. She gripped her long-sleeved black shirt and allowed her regretful tears to fall. If anyone were to see, it wouldn't matter. Though it would be unrealistic, it wouldn't matter. Who said a devil couldn't cry? Who ever said the daughter of Satan couldn't cry. And then again, who wouldn't cry at a time like this? Anyone who wouldn't be upset after seeing the one they loved and trusted so dearly intimately loving their most hated enemy would have to be insane.
 
“Kikyou!” An all too familiar voice called. The young devil turned her head and shot an icy glare at the seraph. “Kohaku, why don't you just stay back? Go back to where you belong you wench!” the devil cursed. Her dark wings spread as to shield her body from the heavenly being. “Such strong words for an imp whose heart has just been shattered.” Kohaku mocked drawing closer. Kikyou clicked her sword from its sheath barely. “I'm telling you for the final time, stay back!” Kohaku ignored the imp's words. Closer by the second were her steps. She was only inches away from the emotionally injured devil when she stopped.
 
Click. Kikyou drew her sword and aimed it at the unarmed angel. She stood and pressed the tip lightly against Kohaku's neck. Just enough to barely pierce ones skin. Kohaku allowed her wings to spread and jumped off into the air. “I'll deal with you later!” she threatened. Her voice blew away with the wind. Kikyou drew back her weapon and cased it. `I must go see him…'