InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Everlasting ❯ Bloody Skies and Vicious Wars ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“A `Bloody Sky'?” he asked. She simply nodded. He waited patiently as she took a deep breath. She searched her mind for the proper words to describe what was on her mind.
 
.: Flashback :.
 
.: She flew from branch to branch. The trees below shook with the flutter of her wings. Her eyes narrowed into a dark glare as a tall woman's form came into view. Kikyou stopped about two yards away from the other woman. Wavy golden locks rolled down the woman's back. Her pearl white dress flowed fittingly down her slim body, her perfect curves shown out from the fitted garment.
 
As she turned to face the young devil her lips formed a smug grin. Kikyou winced at the arrogant expression on the seraph. “What are you doing here you worthless imp?” The angel growled in a disgusted tone. “What does it matter to a cherub what I, Death, do?” Kikyou spat. “I am no cherub you beast! Leave this place before I force you to!”
 
A small grin tugged at the corners of the hellion's lips. “So Bara, you've decided to take part in this battle for once rather than running away as you did last time!” Kikyou toyed. Bara bit her lip nervously. “I never ran! I just decided I wasn't ready to fight in such a risky war!” Kikyou rolled her eyes. “You're just afraid of being banned on earth. I bet that you wouldn't even be able to survive this fight!”
 
Bara narrowed her eyes. “We'll see who ends up being banned!” she threatened. She spread her white angelic wings and jumped from the cliff of which they stood upon and dove into the battle below, the devil quickly doing the same. :.
 
.: End Flashback :.
 
Kikyou swallowed hard and gathered her thoughts. “Once a year, when the sky turns a blood red, we devils and angels gather in the valleys of purgatory, a land where we may both enter other than earth. But this land is no land of peace. Instead it is a land of battle. We fight one another to find out which kingdom has the greater power.” Kikyou slowly explained.
 
Yasha nodded understandingly. “Well, who won? Is hell truly greater than heaven? Or is it the other way around as most mortals believe?” he asked curiously. Kikyou shook her head and chuckled softly, amazed with his interest. “Please allow me to continue the story.”
 
.: Flashback, Kikyou's P.O.V. :.
 
Most had fallen. We were at each others throats now. It was just me and `her'. Kohaku, Bara: the seraph, the highest angel in the kingdom of heaven. My sword of death clashed with her bow of life. She shot her golden arrows at me in attempt to purify my darkened soul. But she was no match for me, for I had been in this battle before. Years before she had always been to afraid of loosing and being banned to earth.
 
I had many injuries from the battle, but not as many as her. My sleeves had been torn off and exposed the gashes in my arms. I could hear her deep breathing even through the harsh howling of the wind. “What's wrong? Had enough?” she mocked. I growled and bared my fangs. Fury raged within my eyes.
 
The same look reflected in her pure, light blue eyes. I could tell she was determined to win. But at that second, it ended. It was `he'. He called out to her. His deep voice echoed painfully in my mind. “Stop this foolishness Bara!” He demanded. She growled and took a step away from me.
 
I grinned. “Giving up just because your master tells you to?” I questioned innocently. “Shut up!” She yelled. Her now bloody and torn white wings spread as she took off to the sky. “I'll be back! This isn't over Kikyou!”
 
.: End P.O.V and Flashback :.
 
She told him every word of her mind. Yasha listened clearly. His mind filled with new ideas of others religions. “So our mortal God isn't who we think he is?” he finally asked after she had finished. Kikyou nodded. “He is no miracle worker as mortals believe. He is nothing but the leader of the light.” She explained. Yasha nodded. “But where did the idea of worshiping him come from? Is it true that some mortals were able to come in contact with him? Did he really speak to us? Are our bibles and religions just lies?”
 
Kikyou raised her hand signaling for him to stop speaking. “Calm down. I'll explain.” She assured. “Your God sent a messenger. Angels are able to transform as you must know. They can appear mortal, animal, thing, or even place. We devils can do the same but our lord has no use for mortals. Most likely, God sent Bara to do his dirty work with you mortals in believing he is your creator. Truth is, even I do not contain the knowledge of your creator. Only God and Satan know of that.” Her tone, almost lifeless, as if she had no care or desire to tell him truly, but then why did she?
 
Yasha thought for a moment about this. He couldn't quite grasp the idea of the never-ending-war, the idea of religions all being fake, Angels vs. Devils, God vs. Satan, and Heaven vs. Hell. These were all so knew. But Kikyou didn't expect for him to understand. No one could understand.
 
She placed her hand on his shoulder. “Don't worry about it so much. I will answer all your questions over time. If you must know, you will have much to lean.” He nodded once again. “I want to know Kikyou, how is it that your lord does not control your every action? How is it that you came to being?”