InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Exploring the Sengoku Jidai ❯ The Fairytale ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legends & Myths
 
The Fairytale
 
Kagome waved as her teenagers headed off to school. Finally alone in the ancient shrine basement, she carefully opened the newly-discovered scroll, the one with legend of the half demon shot through the heart and the miko with the split soul who traveled through time to save him.
 
Holding it like she would a baby bird, her eyes roamed the fading brushstrokes, reading the long-dead bard's mythical version of her first love and how her childhood came to an end.
 
Her eyes glistened at the heroic deeds and noble characters. It was a beautiful fairytale told by a master storyteller, full of frightening monsters and glorious victories. Tears fell unchecked down her cheeks as the memories flooded back. It had been a fairytale, but the mythweaver left out the blood, the horror and the terrible, heart wrenching losses. She'd shed so many tears over those losses, she was surprised her eyes had more to spill.
 
Tucking the scroll away, she went into the house and wrapped herself in her husband's warm embrace. His silver hair fell across her shoulders and the sight of it comforted her.
 
“I love you, InuYasha,” she said as he kissed away her tears once again.